Dinner suggestions for our first night

CandMmommy

September
We went o DTD last year and ate at Tortilla joes. We have a car, and are staying close to DL. What would you suggest/ recommend for us to eat with 2 girls 3 and 6 our first night in?

Rainforest Cafe is a great option, the food is good but the setting is soo fun for kids, just makes sure you get an inside table!!!

Ralph Brennan's! One of the best restaurants at Disney. We go every trip. They have great food and awesome drinks.

Rainforest Cafe or Goofy's Kitchen.

Still remember our dinner back when I was 18 at Goofy's.

My niece's have been spoiled and it's my fault. Took them to WDW during Free Dining so they ate at character dining many times in one trip.

Might try and do one this time at DL but I should have a Rainforest GC for our trip so we will do that for sure.

I like the Ralph Brennan's suggestion...we are arriving at 6:00 pm (Burbank) and probably won't get to DL until late...we are a group of adults though...so a late dinner at RB sounds good.

Order the chocolate soufflé as soon as you are seated, it is not to be missed. Bananas foster is pretty good too, they make it table side.

There's also a Cheesecake Factory and a Bubba Gump's on Katella down near the Anaheim Gardenwalk shopping center. Those might be fun with your girls. And Mimi's Cafe (in front of Howard Johnson's) on Harbor is also a great place for kids.

Order the chocolate soufflé as soon as you are seated, it is not to be missed. Bananas foster is pretty good too, they make it table side.

Did you mean the double chocolate bread pudding which I often see good recommendations for, or is chocolate souffle something new added to the menu?

There are a lot of very good resertaunts near DL that you can choose depending on what kind of food you want to eat.

I have to say stay away from Tony Romas right accross the street from the parks. We ate there our first night last week (our first park day was the next day) and felt it was very substandard. DFIL and I both had ribs and thought they were pretty bad. The ribs at BTMBBQ were far better in quality than Tony Romas IMO. DW had a hamburger and said it was good though.

There is also a CA Pizza Kitchen in the GW, Johnny Rockett's (good burgers) and there is a Red Robin and a Joe's Crab Shack down across from Harbor.

We always do Rainforest Cafe our first night. The girls just love it and we've had good food and excellent service each time.

Not advice since we haven't been yet, but we're planning on Ralph Brennen's for our first night dinner. DH and I love jazz.

We have a local Rainforest Cafe and I've never been impressed with it.

Medieval Times can be a fun place to go. A little pricey, though. Kids might like it: get to eat with your hands and watch horses running around. I'd recommend _not_ sitting low near the stadium. Sit higher up to reduce the amount of dust and stuff getting into your food.

Not advice since we haven't been yet, but we're planning on Ralph Brennen's for our first night dinner. DH and I love jazz.

We have a local Rainforest Cafe and I've never been impressed with it.

The Jazz Kitchen doesn't always have live music, you may want to check that. :)

RFC in DTD has always been worth it for us, we enjoy it very much.

Did you mean the double chocolate bread pudding which I often see good recommendations for, or is chocolate souffle something new added to the menu?

I'm guessing it's the double chocolate bread pudding. It's actually more of a souffle, so that's probably what the PP meant.

And yes, it is FABULOUS!!!!! Oh man, it is out of this world. They bring you white and dark ganache to pour inside the hot pudding/souffle. Wow.

Edited to add for the person who asked that the above dessert is at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

RB's Double Chocolate Bread Pudding:
doublechocolatebreadpudding_zps7ea39276.jpg

I'm In agreement with the others in regards to GW... Personally, I am not a big fan of any of the DD restaurants... they are seriously overpriced and the majority of the food IMO is just not that great... I love CF, Especially during happy hour… They give you a TON of food for really low prices… I also like PF Changs..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter