• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner Seatings

msnmom

Earning My Ears
We are booked for 11/5/05 Western Cruise. My family booked through TA and our friends booked through someone else. We are on a wait list for 1st seating and our friends who booked 4 days after us got a guaranteed 1st seating.
My question.. Do we have a good shot at getting 1st seating? I can't believe a year in advance there is not 1st seating available. I'm hoping my TA can link the reservations together so that we are able to sit together...::MinnieMo

We were on the 10/2 Magic and had friends on the ship. We did not link reservations but we were able to get a table together for 10. We both were told we had late seating so we told the people that and we wanted to sit together. He did not tell us that we both had early as he changed it. We didn't find out about the early seating until we went to our rooms later. So, if you try to switch, make sure you ask first and don't assume you have the late seating. We were upset at first but late worked out better. Many parents had to drag their kids out of the pool, arcade, etc. We didn't have to stop the fun to go to dinner. We actually were thankful it was later.

You can always try to change your seating after you board. However, if you want your seating linked, it is best to do that now...and also specify your desire for early.

The farther in advance you make your requests, the better off you are.

My vote is for late........we've had both and wil NEVER do early again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter