• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner Schedule on 7 Day Western Cruise

Mrs Darling

Crazy for Disney
Does anyone know what night Formal, Semi-formal and Tropical nights are on during the 7 Day Western Cruise?

Thanks!

I just came back from the Western, but because of Charley, our itinerary changed, so we didn't have the normal routine, but it was scheduled to be formal on Monday, Semi-formal on Thursday, and Mexicali on Wednesday (I think). Our cruise was messed up, but we had all the nights anyway. They also started another theme night - Pirate night, which was alot of fun - everyone dresses as pilates (they supply the hat!)

Thanks so much for the info. I went on the Eastern cruise last year and just assumed they would have a tropical night on the Western. What was the Mexicali night like? Also - do you know what night the Pirate night is on? That sounds like a lot of fun!

Mrs Darling,

Our days were switched around because of the weather, so I'm not sure what night it would usually be on. And unfortunately on Mexicali night we ate at Palo, so I cant really tell you what they had. The pirate theme menu is followed by a pirate deck party (and buffet) that was alot of fun with all the characters including Captain Hook and Mr. Smee.

Is the Pirate's night in addition to the Mexicali night? I thought the Pirate night was to replace the Mexicali/tropical night? If it is in addition to it, what did it replace? TIA

I've just spent some time doing a search on the Pirate Party for more information....and it seems that the Pirate Party night replaces both the Tropical and the Mexicali night on both the Western and Eastern Cruises. I've also read a lot of posts about what to wear and it seems that most everyone is sticking to the tropical attire they have already purchased. Everyone will get a bandana to wear that night as well. Hope this helps.

In March of this year, the Western Caribbean schedule was:
  • Saturday (casual dinner attire) — Welcome Aboard Variety Show
  • Sunday (Key West; casual dinner attire) — Who Wants to Be a Mouseketeer?
  • Monday (at sea; formal dinner attire) — The Golden Mickeys
  • Tuesday (Grand Cayman; casual dinner attire) — Hercules: the Muse-ical
  • Wednesday (Cozumel; Mexican/tropical dinner attire) — recent Disney movie in the Walt Disney Theatre
  • Thursday (at sea; semi-formal dinner attire) — Disney Dreams
  • Friday (Castaway Cay; casual dinner attire) — Farewell Variety Show

I'm a first time disney cruiser and I've been reading the boards about the Dinner arrangements. And I'm not sure if I understand how it works.
I read we rotate dinning rooms each night. I also read that Lumieres is Formal. So if Monday night is Formal night, then do we dress Formal on the night we dine in Lumieres plus dress Formal on Monday regardless of which resturant we're in?

Yes, it can be confusing! Lumiere's is the most "formal" of the restaurants - but that has nothing to do with the attire you need to wear. The only nights you need to dress formally or semi-formally are on those designated nights. The rest of the time you can wear nice, casual clothing. On this next cruise I'm actually planning on passing up on the formal and semi formal night and eating in Palo instead. That way we don't have to bring all those extra outfits for the family.

To add what Mrs. Darling said....you can be in Lumiere's on any night but only need to dress Formally on Formal night.....even though you may be in Parrot Cay. Hope I did not confuse you more!!! Basically...you just need to dress formally on the nights designated no matter what restuarant you happen to be scheduled in that night.

MJ

Lumiere's is not "Formal", many people consider it to be the nicest restaurant of the three, our family likes that menu the least. Nice pants/tops or sundresses are appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter