Dinner Restaurants Hilton Head

EIU110

Earning My Ears
Heading to HHIR next month for a long weekend, adults only. Looking for dinner restaurant recommendations from those who have been to the island before.

These are my recommendations:

Seafood
Skull Creek Boathouse (This is a very busy restaurant, but since you are going off-season, it shouldn't be busy--a great time to try it out.)
Fishcamp on Broad Creek
Poseidon
Steamer Seafood
Sea Shack (Another busy one but might not be too bad in February.)

BBQ
One Hot Mamma's

Pizza
Giuseppi's

Other good choices are Alexanders and Frankie Bones.

Have fun on your trip!

I live here and can concur with all of the restaurants listed above. If you feel adventurous, take a trip down to "Old Town" Bluffton on Calhoune Street in the afternoon. Stop and have lunch at The Cottage or The Pearl. Park by the church and walk down to the beautiful May River.

I'd add Low Country Backyard and Serg Takeout Kitchen. You can get meals ready to eat or cook/microwave in your room at Takeout Kitchen. We've been doing this at least once per trip for our last 3-4 trips and have loved everything we've gotten from there.

One Hot Mama's for barbecue or Choo Choo Barbecue if you get to Bluffton. Stacks for breakfast. Social Bakery just across the harbor is a must. We've also enjoyed British Open Pub a couple times.

Make sure you check restaurant hours wherever you go. In the off season, some shorten hours or close on certain days.

In addition to the others mentioned above, I'll add a couple more:

Hudson's - the shrimp is literally just off the boat - It's not fancy, but we love it and consider it a must do every trip.

Ela's on the Water - it's more upscale than some of the others and the service and food are excellent. And it's a short walk from the Disney resort which is nice.

Sea Shack is on my list also. Frankie Bones and One Hot Mama's are my favorites from the SERG group.

Santa Fe Cafe is another great option very close to the DVC resort.

Casting another vote of confidence here for the SERG restaurant group, particularly Nectar which we ate at more than once and took home bags of coffee from to enjoy after our trip.

I'm also a local and there have been some excellent recommendations already made. Honestly, it's much harder to find a weak restaurant here than it is at WDW--most are good, many excellent. Here's my list to add to the confusion...pirate:
Fishcamp on Broad Creek: Excellent raw oyster bar, other seafood options also very good (one of the better shrimp and grits I've ever had), and solid wine list/drink menu. They DO take reservations either via phone or through Resy and have outdoor seating.
Ela's on the Water: A 10 to 12 minute walk across the bridge to Shelter Cover Marina. As someone else mentioned, it's a bit more upscale than most other restaurants but not stuffy. Quieter (it's smaller) but kids will feel very relaxed and welcome, too. They, too, take reservations and have outdoor seating.
Skull Creek Boathouse: One of the more popular restaurants on the island, and it can get crowded, especially on weekends, though as someone says, it's off season so shouldn't be too bad. However, they do NOT take reservations. Large outdoor seating area, great bar area (and has full menu), and plentiful seafood options.
Hudson's on the Dock: Another local joint, though I prefer Skull Creek Boathouse a bit more. Hudson's has great outdoor seating but only meh indoor seating area. They do NOT take reservations and can also get busy at lunch and dinner.
Hilton Head Social Bakery: Right over the bridge to Shelter Cove Marina next to Scott's Fish Market, it's a topnotch French patisserie serving sweets, quiche, sandwiches, coffee, breads, and more. It is pricey, very pricey (e.g., raspberry macaron is $8--granted it's palm-sized with fresh raspberries and a cream filling but still...).
Scott's Fish Market: I only mention this one because it's the closest restaurant to the resort (literally, a 4-5 minute walk), but it's only meh. Not bad by any means, but there are many better options to settle. Still, if you're tired, want hot food, and a decent menu selection, it's a solid option.
OMBRA Cucina: Best legitimate Italian on the island. It's a 5-minute drive and worth it. It is a bit upscale and often used for birthdays, anniversaries, etc., and while kids are most welcome, you'll find it more of an adult-oriented place with an extensive wine list. They take reservations; in fact, I'd recommend you make one.

For dinner we love Skull Creek Dockside, right next door to the Boathouse.

We've also enjoyed Old Oyster Factory, right across from the resort. Gorgeous views!

For dinner we love Skull Creek Dockside, right next door to the Boathouse.

We've also enjoyed Old Oyster Factory, right across from the resort. Gorgeous views!

Some friends of ours who go to HH all the time recommended Old Oyster Factory to us. We haven't made it there yet, but will have to try it out!

There are so many great places to eat on the island it will take forever to try them all out. What a wonderful problem to have :flower: !!

I will also second Sea Shack (not fancy, but great fresh seafood), Hudson’s, One Hot Mama’s, and add Jane’s for Sunday Brunch. The SERG group used to offer DVC discounts.
If you venture into Savannah, I strongly prefer Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room over Lady and Sons where the mashed potatoes had a yellow slick from all the butter.
Also, Mike, the Pool Guy, is an excellent source for recommendations of all kinds.

We’ve tried and enjoy many mentioned, but Sea Shack is my absolute favorite. Sweet potato cornbread is one delicious side!

I'd add Low Country Backyard and Serg Takeout Kitchen. You can get meals ready to eat or cook/microwave in your room at Takeout Kitchen. We've been doing this at least once per trip for our last 3-4 trips and have loved everything we've gotten from there.

One Hot Mama's for barbecue or Choo Choo Barbecue if you get to Bluffton. Stacks for breakfast. Social Bakery just across the harbor is a must. We've also enjoyed British Open Pub a couple times.

Make sure you check restaurant hours wherever you go. In the off season, some shorten hours or close on certain days.
We will be trying the Serg Takeout Kitchen. Thanks for mentioning.

Just finishing long weekend on HHI!

Red Stripe - Jamaican take out... Sorry, really didn't think it was that good... I think we were the only order, plus take out... Maybe would have been better if we ordered in.

Scotts - Good! Baked scallops! I think what made it so good was they have a BOGO entree deal till end of February 😀

Low Country Backyard. Savory! Good. Shrimp and grits... Meatloaf. They had a dinner sampler with those, fried green tomatoes, choice of side and dessert... For $20. Lots of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter