Dinner restaurant with good dessert?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
Will be at Universal for my daughters 10th Birthday, March 28 (a Saturday). We would like to eat someplace she can pick a wonderful dessert for her birthday. It can be at the parks, City Walk or a Universal Resort. We are staying at Royal Pacific. It would be nice to make a reservation someplace but many places don't seem to take reservations. Margaritaville? Cowfish?

We love Margharitaville but never think much of their desserts so we go to the Ben and Jerrys in Universal studios afterwards

i love the desserts at boulangerie at the studios.
cheese cake factory stuff.
yum

you can never go wrong with ben and
jerrys.

Cowfish has really good milkshakes in interesting flavors, if that's something you're interested in.

Yes. the milkshakes at Cowfish are awesome.

The Cannoli at Mamma Della's are top notch, as well.

The banana cream pie at Emeril's is the best thing on Emeril's menu (IMHO of course).

Thanks! Yes, I think she would like cake or a really fun fun dessert.....not sure what? She loves creme brulee. She likes ice cream and would like it part of a fun dessert...likes brownies with ice cream and other yummy stuff. And I am sure we will get ice cream on the trip, but for her birthday it needs to be something different than just ice cream. I will look into the above suggestions. We have 2 kids (8 and 10) so we don't want anyplace overly fancy. A place like Kona Cafe would be perfect, but I don't want to go to Disney at all this trip.

The banana cream pie at Emeril's is the best thing on Emeril's menu (IMHO of course).

You aren't wrong.

Luckily, they serve it at Choup Chop also.

bananacreamEms.jpg

YES, this!!!!

oh, so good.

DH saw it pass us by, and then asked for the dessert menu so we could figure out what wanted before we ordered dinner! The kid's menu has a warm chocolate chip cookie served with a fancy chocolate milk that my kids really enjoyed!

I really wish you hadn't posted that recipe.

I'd hate to think how big I'd get if I had access to that pie 365 days a year.

Bubba Gump's at City Walk has my DD's favorite dessert. It's a chocolate chip cookie served still warm in a mini skillet with ice cream, hot fudge, caramel and whipped cream. It is really really good. They also make a great strawberry short cake.

13715e1307a488887be1008097_original.

i'm with schumi on this one.
bananas are not my thing but i'm not tempted to try that dessert .......

I really wish you hadn't posted that recipe.

I'd hate to think how big I'd get if I had access to that pie 365 days a year.

lol, well there are actually 3 versions of the recipe on that site, each one slightly different. I'll probably end up going through reviews and the recipes and coming up with my own version. lol.

I make a killer banana cheesecake that rivals cheesecake factory ... but I'm still tempted to master this delight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter