Dinner Reservations and Paradise Pier Extras

heatherleigh

DIS Veteran
How far in advance can I make reservations for character meals or other Disney restaurants? We are going in October, and there are a few places I'd like to eat at, w/out having to wait for a table forever.

We are staying at Paradise Pier Hotel. I saw someone mention milk and cookies in their hotel room at the DLH in another thread. Does the Paradise Pier have something special like this I can arrange for my kids? I would love to have something waiting for them in the room when we check in. Thanks.

You can make PS's 60 days ahead for restaurants and the milk and cookies can be arranged thru Vacation Planning but they cost $$$ (maybe $20 - $25 depending on how many cookies etc).

I have called the Hotel directly for a Milk & Cookies order. I believe they forwarded me to room service. The cookies weren't waiting for us in the room, but once we checked in and went to the parks, they were there when we got back.

It was a few years ago, so I don't remember how much I paid, or what the cookie selection was. I'm sure they can tell you all of that when you call.

We did the milk and cookies to the room last trip at DLH.
Since it was our kids' first trip to DL we splurged, but I don't think the cookies and milk were worth it. We ordered "surprise" desserts for each night.
First was the Mickey rice krispie treats, they were huge and took the kids all week to eat. I brought ziploc bags for leftover treats.
We also ordered the chocolate dipped strawberries which were expensive but oh so yummy!

Next time I will buy them cookies at BRB at take them back to the room.
I order a grocery store delivery so we will already have our own milk.

I will still splurge on an amenities basket because that is so much fun to dig thru all of the goodies!

We did the milk and cookies to the room last trip at DLH.
Since it was our kids' first trip to DL we splurged, but I don't think the cookies and milk were worth it. We ordered "surprise" desserts for each night.
First was the Mickey rice krispie treats, they were huge and took the kids all week to eat. I brought ziploc bags for leftover treats.
We also ordered the chocolate dipped strawberries which were expensive but oh so yummy!

Next time I will buy them cookies at BRB at take them back to the room.
I order a grocery store delivery so we will already have our own milk.

I will still splurge on an amenities basket because that is so much fun to dig thru all of the goodies!

We were at PP 2 months ago with the conceirge plan.

In addition to the food on the concierge floor, the upgrade to the park view room & other bennies...., we also received the "surprise deserts" described above our first night & other goodies on our other night.

Just an FYI for those who are thinking of buying these things anyway.

Cookies, and a carafe of milk is 25 dollars, not including room service charge which is 2 or 3 dollars, and 18% for room serivce. You only get 2 cookies, and 1 thing of milk. I just checked into this the other day, and the above mentioned was what I was told. I honestly felt that was REAL pricey for only 2 cookies, and 1 carafe of milk. Some hotels offer other, or different special things. You should call PP and as what they might offer. I am doing a princess set up in room. with a couple rice krispie treats, and chocolate covered strawberries. I have starteda thread where you can post pics of special things/cakes you have ordered from Disneyland to help folks like us get ideas of what they might can do. By the way the strawberries are 2.50 each as of now unless they go up, but they have been that price for a couple years now I was told, Krispie treats I believe were 2.50-3.00 each. This was for DLH.

Lostgirlz, would you mind posting a hyperlink to that thread? I tried doing a search, and also looking through your profile, but even though you have >900 posts :worship: , the search engine refuses to find a single one! Comes back "no matches"... :confused3

We did the cookie and milk thing in Feb. and it was around $28 total. We got two of the larger Mickey cookes and two carafes of milk in an ice bucket. There was also a really nice card (which I was not aware you could personalize when I ordered). It was great for our first trip and DS thought Mickey sent them. The next day we saw the same cookies at the bakery for like $2.50 a piece.....

Also, with the PP concierge- did you get those desserts as part of the concierge service or was it extra? We are doing GC concierge next month...

LOL thank you. I have been posting since I was planning my honeymoon, and first trip to WDW. I am now getting ready for next year to hurry up, so I can go to Disneyland lol. I got my info from guest services they e-mailed me a list of gift baskets they could do, to what room service ammenities they could set up, and also the basic price of some cakes they offer (no prices for anything other than edible pic was listed). I do know they also offered Mickey Krispies and Milke, but again only 2, and was in the 20- something price range. Honestly when I asked individual price like I mentioned I would just like 1 cookie, and 1 krispie treat left in room they gave me price per thing, then offered t he milk package, and I just mentioned I would think on it and contact them closer to time. They did tell me also the chocolate dipped strawberries were 2.50 each. I had a friend do a special in room thing, and she mentioned it was a chocolate Mickeys Wizards hat, it was done in white chocolate, and colored with stars and blue to look like his hat. Only thing was when she spoke to them about it they told her it was a good size, she said it was very small, it came with rasberrys in a little pile with just a tiny amount of white chocolate drizzled on it. It also contained a couple of other real small things. She said it was around 40-50 dollars, but it was small, and you bearly were able to split between 2 small kids. Hopefully someone will have some pictures of their magical creations, and wonderfull creations.

A freebie surprise that you can do at the three hotels is to call ahead and ask that a signed photo (8x10 black and white) be left in the room - this is available with most of the main characters - my kids were very happy to find this, and it was free! :cool1:

Wow, that is expensive for only two cookies! I didn't think it would be cheap, but I assumed there would be at least half a dozen cookies w/ it. That means they're charging about $20 for the carafe of milk! I'm going to tell my mom to forget it. I mean, it isn't a lot in the scheme of things, but it IS considering how little you get.

Maybe she can just purchase the cookies from the bakery herself, and put it in the room before we arrive. She gets there a day before we do anyway.

You can do like I have decided to do, and the guests services said it was doable. I am going to order closer to time 2 of the cookies, and 2 of the Rice Krispies for them to be left in our room upon arrival. They said they can do that, and the cookies, and krispies are about 2.50 each that way. A MUCH better deal than what they want for the cookies and milk. Seems more like disney is able to make what they make on it cause in the whole of things it does sound super cute, but when it comes right down to it big time overpriced.

A fact with Disney, everything is overpriced, but when it comes to kids......

Jack

A freebie surprise that you can do at the three hotels is to call ahead and ask that a signed photo (8x10 black and white) be left in the room - this is available with most of the main characters - my kids were very happy to find this, and it was free! :cool1:

When you book a package, can you still do this? Do you just call the hotel directly? Do they have your info already when you've booked a package (we booked through costco, and they book through WDTC, so when I call to make my payment I'm actually talking to someone in Anaheim)?

I'd love to get a photo for DS. :)

When I was booked for Carousel I was planning on a Von's delivery...will Von's deliver to Paradise Pier? If so, I'd just get a package of their bakery's cookies (hoping they are like Safeway's cookies up here) and some soymilk, and just forgot the spendy PP-direct cookies altogether.

bumbershoot-
I planned the birthday stuff with Vacation Planning, but you could also call the hotel front desk directly. That might be the best bet since the photos etc weren't in our room when we got there. I had to call and ask about it and then they brought it up a little later.
It was great, the boys and I received balloons(one each) and autographed photos of our favorite characters as well as a birthday button and a special birthday card from Mickey.
They also sent up a second sent of pictures by accident but they weren't addressed to anyone, which was great-when we got home I made copies of the generic autograph and used them as souvenir gifts.

Von's delivered to DLH when we went so I'm sure they would deliver to PPH.
The bell desk called my cell phone when the delivery arrived and I had to be in the room for them to bring it up. I guess they wanted their tip.

Oh, the bell services people brought up the order? I guess that's cool, but the Safeway delivery people up here aren't allowed to get tips, so I was kind of looking forward to that. :)

How am I going to remember all of this...I have a notebook started, but have gotten stuck in how to organize it, LOL. :upsidedow

yes, I called PPH today just to make sure they have the same policy on grocery deliveries for our stay this September. The bell captain said we would need to be in our room for them to bring it up. It might be due to perishable foods, but I wouldn't mind my perishables sitting out for an hour or so rather than racing back to the hotel. I will try to schedule my delivery between 2-4pm since we'll head back for a break around then anyway. Also, we check-in on a Sunday around 11am and I'm not sure if our room will be ready, so I can't schedule the delivery until at least 2pm anyway.

I don't want to rock the boat, if guests are a pain in the butt about grocery deliveries, who knows, they may stop accepting them.
One of the Good Neighbor Hotels I originally booked at said they don't accept grocery deliveries due to angry guests and spoiled perishable food/delivery problems.

When I did my grocery delivery last year I placed my order on Safeway.com and then just changed my user profile address to DLH address and then the screen changes to Vons.com. Just remember to change your address back when you get home.

When you book a package, can you still do this? Do you just call the hotel directly? Do they have your info already when you've booked a package (we booked through costco, and they book through WDTC, so when I call to make my payment I'm actually talking to someone in Anaheim)?

I'd love to get a photo for DS. :)

When I was booked for Carousel I was planning on a Von's delivery...will Von's deliver to Paradise Pier? If so, I'd just get a package of their bakery's cookies (hoping they are like Safeway's cookies up here) and some soymilk, and just forgot the spendy PP-direct cookies altogether.

I believe I called vacation planning - and I had booked a package that time too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter