Dinner recommendations

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Can you give me some dinner recommendations at all 4 parks for 2 adults - one of the adults is a first timer at WDW (not sure if this makes a difference or not). It's a quick trip so prefer to have dinner in park or close to park so there's not too much traveling involved. Thank you so much!

This is what I was thinking, thoughts?

HS: Sci Fine
Epcot: La Haceinda de San Angel
MK: Not sure - maybe Liberty Tree Tavern? We are doing AK in the morning and plan on getting park hoppers..unless we try to get an early reservation for Boma before heading to MK.

This is what I was thinking, thoughts?

HS: Sci Fine
Epcot: La Haceinda de San Angel
MK: Not sure - maybe Liberty Tree Tavern? We are doing AK in the morning and plan on getting park hoppers..unless we try to get an early reservation for Boma before heading to MK.

I highly recommend Boma, but I think the earliest they do dinner is 5, so you probably wouldn't make it over to MK until 7ish if you can get a 5 p.m. reservation.

VERY close to Animal Kingdom. Breakfast is also really good, Boma is one of my favorite restaurants.
Boma is also one of our favorite restaurants on property, whether for dinner or breakfast. But I would also recommend either Tiffins or Yak&Yeti in the park itself. We have found them to be 2 of the better in-park dining options, with the possible exception of some of the EPCOT restaurants.

Keep in mind eating in a restaurant in Epcot may not be necessary depending on your attack plan. I prefer to get a variety of things from the booths which fills me up without needing an actual meal. Not really sure it's cost effective but might save some time and I get to try a wide variety of things.

MK - Be our Guest or Tony’s.
Epcot - Chefs de France, Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, or Coral Reef. The new Space220 looks good.
DHS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe or Hollywood Brown Derby.
AK - Rainforest Cafe or Boma at AKL.

AK: I always recommend Nomad Lounge - it's so relaxing to be able to sit on the deck and watch all the character boats go by. This is a "walk up list" only (no reservations). It opens at 11 AM and I always "rope drop" it 😅 Otherwise at AK for a sit down, I love Yak & Yeti.

MK: Skipper Canteen. Food is always good - and it's fun. The servers are "Skippers" from the Jungle Cruise, so lots of Punny humor. Not a super fan of many of their fast food options honestly.

HS: Prime Time Cafe (for comfort food and shakes) or Brown Derby (if you want a more upscale/iconic setting). They recently re-added food to the Brown Derby Lounge so you can get the iconic Cobb Salad a cocktail, and watch the people go by. Quick Service, I love Woody's in the mornings and wouldn't say no to a Ronto Wrap in the afternoon/evening.

Epcot: Chefs de France or San Angel for reservations. But, honestly, the most fun I had at Epcot on my last trip was arriving early and having lunch at the various booths from Food and Wine.

Keep in mind eating in a restaurant in Epcot may not be necessary depending on your attack plan. I prefer to get a variety of things from the booths which fills me up without needing an actual meal. Not really sure it's cost effective but might save some time and I get to try a wide variety of things.

ok good point...where are the booths located? By each country?

Hi all!

Can you give me some dinner recommendations at all 4 parks for 2 adults - one of the adults is a first timer at WDW (not sure if this makes a difference or not). It's a quick trip so prefer to have dinner in park or close to park so there's not too much traveling involved. Thank you so much!

I'm doing the same as a first-timer, here's my list of targets for my trip

MK: Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, and Skippers Lounge
Epcot: Le Cellier and Tei Takumi (currently closed) + Food and Wine Festival
HS: Sci-Fi and Hollywood Brown Derby
AK: Yak & Yeti and Tiffins

Thank you!! Looks delicious!

Note that booths are not out all year - only during Food and Wine Festival, Flower and Garden Festival, and Festival of the Arts. Now the festivals are longer and longer each year, but check your dates. That being said, Epcot has a ton of QS places that you can pick up snacks at too.

Here are my suggestions:
HS: Sci-Fi
MK: Be Our Guest or Ohana (at the Polynesian. You can easily get there from MK by boat or monorail - which is down for refurb at the moment, but should be back up soon.)
AKL: Boma (at Animal Kingdom Lodge. A super short bus ride from AKL.)
Epcot: There are a lot of choices, but we like the food at Biergarten.

Also, keep in mind how far out your trip is. Once you pass 60 days, many sought-after restaurants will be full. Even at the 60 day mark, I was woefully unable to get lunch at Yak & Yeti, though I kept trying for weeks, and even the few days leading up to our visit (that's when people are sometimes canceling their place holder reservations). I just checked for current availability 57 days from now. There is absolutely no table for two open between 5:00 and 7:30pm at any park, except Rainforest and Mama Melrose. And I don't know how many families I saw walk into the Hollywood Brown Derby at 2pm the other day and ask to be put on a walk-up list that didn't exist.

Having just done my first Food and Wine festival, I agree that the food booths (likely for whatever festival is going on at the time) can be a great way to fill up at Epcot. Although, I also feel that Epcot has some of the best table service variety and theming of any WDW location. So I'm torn about that recommendation.

Hi,
We are three adults and our favorites are:

MK - Skipper Canteen - we love, or more expensive but magical - Be Our Guest.

Epcot - Lunch you have to eat in Les Halles Boulongerie, Dinner - Via Napoli - Pizzeria

Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe. - Fun. Food at this park is overall blah, so we also sometimes leave and take 1 WDW bus to Disney Springs. We eat at Art Smith's Homecomin. Great !

Animal Kingdom - I would absolutely leave the Animal Kingdom ( nothing great there ) and take 1 short WDW bus ride to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There I would eat at Boma or Saana. Fantastic !

Hope I helped !

Also, keep in mind how far out your trip is. Once you pass 60 days, many sought-after restaurants will be full. Even at the 60 day mark, I was woefully unable to get lunch at Yak & Yeti, though I kept trying for weeks, and even the few days leading up to our visit (that's when people are sometimes canceling their place holder reservations). I just checked for current availability 57 days from now. There is absolutely no table for two open between 5:00 and 7:30pm at any park, except Rainforest and Mama Melrose. And I don't know how many families I saw walk into the Hollywood Brown Derby at 2pm the other day and ask to be put on a walk-up list that didn't exist.

Having just done my first Food and Wine festival, I agree that the food booths (likely for whatever festival is going on at the time) can be a great way to fill up at Epcot. Although, I also feel that Epcot has some of the best table service variety and theming of any WDW location. So I'm torn about that recommendation.
Just an FYI for you, if you are a Y&Y fan, like we are. If you join their Landry's Club (not very expensive), showing that Landry's card will allow you to get a walk-up reservation at Y&Y. Depending how full it is, you might need to wait an hour to get in, but you can walk up and ask for a table if you have their card. Most of the time, it's the only walk up available at that restaurant. We've done it a couple times.

Sorry, a tad off topic!

Just an FYI for you, if you are a Y&Y fan, like we are. If you join their Landry's Club (not very expensive), showing that Landry's card will allow you to get a walk-up reservation at Y&Y. Depending how full it is, you might need to wait an hour to get in, but you can walk up and ask for a table if you have their card. Most of the time, it's the only walk up available at that restaurant. We've done it a couple times.

Sorry, a tad off topic!
Great tip! I'd heard that, and thought about joining. Ultimately decided I'd settle on lunch at Tiffins (what a hardship that was :)). I do want to try Y&Y some day though.

Sorry, a tad off topic!

Thank you! I believe I joined Landry's Club way back in 2019. I am sure I have to join again correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter