• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner plans- need a few suggestions

skippelm

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Here are the dinner plans I have made so far-

night 1- California Grill
night 2- Crystal Palace
night 3- Flying Fish
night 4- ?trying to get PS for Boma
night 5- ?
night 6- ?

I need some suggestions for the other nights. I do have a PS at Jiko for one of them but we've eaten there before and while it was good, it jsut wasnt outstanding so I'm thinking of cancelling- has it gotten better lately?

Here is our cast of characters- DH, filet mignon or pasta or chicken, DD who will only be 9 mo, Brother, Sis-in-law and 9 yo niece and 14 year old nephew all of whom will eat anything, and I will eat anything except red meat.

ANy suggstions? I was considering maybe Artist Point (there menu looks less game inspired these days) and Cinderalls Royal Table maybe?

THANKS!
:earseek:

Here are our choices for our stay in April:

Kona Cafe, Le Cellier, Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, Jiko, Mama Melrose, and '50's Prime Time.

We have eaten at all of these before, and really enjoyed each one. Kona Cafe is very overlooked, IMO, and Ohana is a lot of fun, for both kids and adults. And Le Cellier is a fantastic restaurant, you would love it!!

We also love Narcoossee's, have you thought about trying that? You already have picked 2 of our other favorites, Crystal Palace and Flying Fish!!:wave2:

We ate at Jiko a year ago. I found it to be dark, overpriced, poor service and bland food. I would skip Jiko and do Boma. We all loved Boma and can't wait to back.

Renee

Our favorites so far-

Le Cellier (cheese soup, bread sticks, steak, delicious, have not tried fish or chicken)

Artist Point (delicious Salmon (for non red meat), I had a delicious steak filet, and the Berry Cobbler (YUM)

Chef Mickey for best character meal (if we have kids with us)

Our least favorites so far-

Brown Derby- 4 awful meals

Jiko-food tasted good, but got sick after and spent the whole rest of the night in my room!!!

Ohana(Poly), Yachtsmen(Yacht Club),Le Cellier (Canad-Epcot),ESPN-gotta have the chicken wings!!!!(Boardwalk).Beaches and Cream(Beach Club)

It's a great atmosphere for kids and adults, and the food is GREAT! There's enough variety that you will find something for everyone in your party.

Also, do something in Epcot. We really love Restaurant Marrakesh and Biergarten for something different, but this time will try Rose & Crown because of the great IllumiNations viewing.

I completely agree about dinner at Kona...it is so good and it took us many Polynesian stays before we tried it. It is a current must do for dinner as well as breakfast. It also is very casual and has quick service in case your baby and niece don't enjoy long meals.

It's been awhile since we tried CRT for dinner but it does sound like a nice choice for your crew. We do enjoy lunch there very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter