• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner or Brunch at Palo

missyp

DIS Veteran
I am looking to book a reservation at Palo. Can't decide between brunch and dinner. Any opinions?

Lol! I guess I should have phrased it differently. I want to do brunch because on our last cruise my kids did their own thing for lunch. I like eating dinner as a family though they are old enough to eat without us. So wanted to know if brunch is as good as dinner, also not a big fan of buffets

We just got off the Wonder today. We did both brunch and dinner. We enjoyed both brunch and dinner. For brunch, the buffet was nice and had a good selection of ready made foods, and desserts. There were also items you could request/order such as eggs julia (my wife's favorite) and chicken parmigiana and veal (both excellent). Dinner was great too. We had brunch first and loved our server so much we requested him for dinner. He was a really great guy and made our dinning experience so much better. Although we loved brunch, we loved dinner even better.

We just got off the Wonder today. We did both brunch and dinner. We enjoyed both brunch and dinner. For brunch, the buffet was nice and had a good selection of ready made foods, and desserts. There were also items you could request/order such as eggs julia (my wife's favorite) and chicken parmigiana and veal (both excellent). Dinner was great too. We had brunch first and loved our server so much we requested him for dinner. He was a really great guy and made our dinning experience so much better. Although we loved brunch, we loved dinner even better.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you remember the server's name we will be on the wonder too

Having done both I would do brunch over dinner anytime if I could only do one.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We had Toni as our server when we cruised in May. He was fantastic. We had him when we did brunch (which i personally preferred over dinner) and we enjoyed him so much we requested to have him when we went for dinner on our last night!

I would do brunch because the dinners in the restaurants on your rotation are already wonderful!

I've been on 5 cruises to date and my personal preference is dinner.

I love the Brunch and although the buffet portion is fantastic the a la carte items (the chicken parmesan is unreal) and desserts are incredible.

In saying that, the dinner is as good as it gets for me. The menu selection is second to none. The pacing and fluidity of the meal progression works perfectly for me and my wife. Also, it seems more relaxed and almost more "adult" like if that makes sense. Also, in my opinion Palo Dinner is a a couple of notches above the standard dining.

At the end of the day I will say that whatever you choose you really won't be disappointed or have any regrets.

I would do brunch because the dinners in the restaurants on your rotation are already wonderful!
We second this. DW and I love the brunch and try to make it once a trip. I won't say never, but we don't see ourselves missing a MDR meal in the next few cruises. So far we have attended all of our MDR meals since we have been cruising, we enjoy the experience a lot and the servers.

Brunch all the way, dinner doesn't do anything for us. Plus the view for brunch is amazing!

We do brunch because we hate missing MDRs and the view is much better during the day. When we do book dinner it's only on longer cruises that have shows we're willing to miss, and we eat light in the MDR.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

We love both, we really do. Occasionally we have to choose just one-we choose brunch :)

I did brunch, and while it was good, I don't think I'd do it again. View was nice, and food was good, but afterward we went to Parrot Cay to feed my daughter, and felt that it wasn't that much better to justify the price. Is the price worth it for a land-based restaurant? Certainly. It's just that there is so much high quality food already available for free that we weren't as excited about it. We are going to try dinner next time. We have done Pirate Night a couple of times now, so we're going to go that night.

Just booked our second Disney cruise. We didn't do Palo or Remy on our first cruise and plan to try Palo this time. DH thinks we should do both brunch and dinner. I'm torn .. I'm not a bit foodie person but want to try something different.

We will be cruising with our 12 year old daughter so she will be on her own while we dine.

I took the earliest available brunch time of 11:30 a.m. and an 8:00 p.m. dinner reservation. We have second seating for dinner so we shouldn't miss our evening show .. right? How do you determine which nite for dinner? When can we find out what our dining room rotation is so we can decide which nite to skip in the MDR?

I held an 8:00 p.m. dinner slot for now until I can figure out what I'm doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter