Dinner on 1st night??

momtoBrandon&Jacob

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm so excited - we just added the DDP to our trip on 4/30 so I made 5 ADRs. We will be there for 7 nights so I need 2 more. My biggest question is whether or not to make an ADR for our first night or not. I feel it's kind of tricky because you never know what suprises our flight will in store for us. Ok, here's our ADRs so far.

Wednesday April 30 - arrive :cool1:

Thursday, May 1
Dinner - Le Cellier 5:50 pm

Friday, May 2
Dinner: Boma 5:40pm

Saturday, May 3
Dinner Ohana 5:30 pm

Sunday, May 4
no ADR yet for this day

Monday, May 5
Dinner: Chef Mickey’s - 5:25 pm

Tuesday, May 6
Lunch - Crystal Palace - 11:30 am

Wednesday, May 7 - Depart :sad1:

How about making an ADR for a signature restaurant on May 4, the day you also do not have anything planned for?

I thought about that but I'm not sure that my Ds 5 & 6 would enjoy it. Plus, it seems like the signature places aren't really "kid friendly". I may be wrong though...:confused3

Hmm... how about WCC for first dinner? It would get you in the fun mood? Maybe not the most relaxing though. I thought about CRT for your signature experience... but since you have sons, they might not enjoy it as much. Hmm...

We always do Chef Mickey's on our first night there. All the characters and swinging the napkins around is always a great way to start the vacation.

What time are you scheduled to arrive?
Where are you staying?

I think this info definitely plays into picking the dinner location.

I would look at the restaurant where you are staying. If you are near monorail the California Grill @ Contemporary is a super place and lots of kids in there. Food is to die for!

You can also see Wishes from the viewing area outside, what better way to get you in the Disney mood.

If you post where you are stayin g could give some more ideas. I would book somewhere though, you don't want to arrive and be stressed looking for dinner. We were 30 mins late for an ADR and they still accommodated us and weren't rude or anything. That was at Spoodles, if you're near the BW that is also a great place to eat with kids.

On our last trip, we made a reservation at our resort's restaurant for the first night - that kept it easy as we only had to walk over to the restaurant after a long day of travelling. On our next trip we should be arriving by lunch time and I have made reservations for the first night at Chef Mickey's as I thought this would be a great way to get straight into Disney mode.

What time are you scheduled to arrive?
Where are you staying?

I think this info definitely plays into picking the dinner location.

We don't have our airfare yet but we plan to arrive no later than 1:00 or 2:00. And we're staying at POFQ so by the time ME drops us off it should be around 3:00ish?? At least that's what it was on our last trip.

I would look at the restaurant where you are staying. If you are near monorail the California Grill @ Contemporary is a super place and lots of kids in there. Food is to die for!

You can also see Wishes from the viewing area outside, what better way to get you in the Disney mood.

If you post where you are stayin g could give some more ideas. I would book somewhere though, you don't want to arrive and be stressed looking for dinner. We were 30 mins late for an ADR and they still accommodated us and weren't rude or anything. That was at Spoodles, if you're near the BW that is also a great place to eat with kids.

That is an awesome idea!! For some reason though I always thought CG was not at all for kids. Hmmm definetely something to ponder.

We just got back on 12/19. I had made 8 ADR's for our 8 nights...but for the LAST night I made two ADR's. One for Concourse Steakhouse and one for Narcoossee's (Signature Dining). I was planning on maybe sharing some dinners throughout our stay so that we'd all have 2 TS leftover, but I made the Concourse ressie as a backup.

Well, wouldn't ya know it, our flight out was canceled due to an ice storm (Chicago), so our first night reservations at 'Ohana was impossible to make. We just ate in the foodcourt at Pop Century, where we stayed. We still had great food and could really just relax our first night. So, that made the decision for us, we had an extra TS on our hands! :)

I tell ya, it is sooo hard to understand how long it takes to get around the WDW!!! I wouldn't have wanted to stress out that first night trying to get to the Poly after having landed a few hours before.

Anyway, as you see in my siggie, we have 3 young ones. My kids really loved Narcoossee's...the oldest two ordered baked fish (!) and we ordered the youngest the filet mignon. Dh and I ordered the surf & turf, along with crabcakes and shrimp for appetizers. Ahhh....that last meal cost $250 all told, and that is without anything extra!
The ambience is amazing and you are on the water with a view of the castle. The service is TOP-NOTCH! It's not over-crowded like all the other 1TS restaurants. Just soooo worth it! There were plenty of other kids there, but everyone was very well-behaved. I was a little more vigilant with my 3.5 year old, since I knew there were others there wanting a romantic experience (lots of couples). I explained to all my kids that this was a VERY nice restaurant and they were to be on their best behavior! I also made sure they got good naps beforehand. That's the Disney vacation rule, everyone naps everyday!!! :)

Thank you thank you thank you! I just made an ADR at CG for our first night for 7:30pm. Wishes is at 9:00pm so that'll give us plenty of time to eat and go out on the rooftop to see the fireworks. Great suggestion!

We just got back on 12/19. I had made 8 ADR's for our 8 nights...but for the LAST night I made two ADR's. One for Concourse Steakhouse and one for Narcoossee's (Signature Dining). I was planning on maybe sharing some dinners throughout our stay so that we'd all have 2 TS leftover, but I made the Concourse ressie as a backup.

Well, wouldn't ya know it, our flight out was canceled due to an ice storm (Chicago), so our first night reservations at 'Ohana was impossible to make. We just ate in the foodcourt at Pop Century, where we stayed. We still had great food and could really just relax our first night. So, that made the decision for us, we had an extra TS on our hands! :)

I tell ya, it is sooo hard to understand how long it takes to get around the WDW!!! I wouldn't have wanted to stress out that first night trying to get to the Poly after having landed a few hours before.

Anyway, as you see in my siggie, we have 3 young ones. My kids really loved Narcoossee's...the oldest two ordered baked fish (!) and we ordered the youngest the filet mignon. Dh and I ordered the surf & turf, along with crabcakes and shrimp for appetizers. Ahhh....that last meal cost $250 all told, and that is without anything extra!
The ambience is amazing and you are on the water with a view of the castle. The service is TOP-NOTCH! It's not over-crowded like all the other 1TS restaurants. Just soooo worth it! There were plenty of other kids there, but everyone was very well-behaved. I was a little more vigilant with my 3.5 year old, since I knew there were others there wanting a romantic experience (lots of couples). I explained to all my kids that this was a VERY nice restaurant and they were to be on their best behavior! I also made sure they got good naps beforehand. That's the Disney vacation rule, everyone naps everyday!!! :)

Where is Narcooses?

We always do Hoop De Doo revue on our first night....it would take up 2 TS credits and it is a blast. Kids love it!!

Our flight arrived at 1:30PM. We took in a quick CS at the resort and were in MK by 3:30. We had an ADR for Crystal Palace at 8pm. With the excitement of just being there and not being hungry, we opted to do a quick CS instead and do the rides. We used the TS for two meals at Epcot on another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter