Dinner - My sleeveless tops are nicer than my reg tops

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dskib, Apr 18, 2013.

1. caribear

caribear I love WDW!

Your sleeveless tops will be absolutely fine! Wear them and enjoy your cruise!! They only thing they mean by sleeveless are the tank tops that men wear....no hairy armpits hanging around the dining room please! :rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Douvres Family

Douvres Family DIS Veteran

On our 4 night cruise last year we saw a couple wear their biker/trucker t-shirts. I'm not sure if anyone said anything, but they stayed for dinner.

I did wear a tanktop but it was on pirate night and it had rhinestones and sequesce...lol

And on our cruise this year (also 4 night) I did wear "dressy" tanks with capris and a sweater (since the dinning room was chilly) and I didnt feel out of place.

Bottom line I believe, use your judgement. You are afterall on vacation.

Oh...but there's definitely a dress code for Palo and Remy

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

When they say "no tank tops" they mean on men. They do not mean women in sundresses, sleeveless shells or camisole-type tops. This is true of Palo and Remy as well.

5. shmoogrrrl

shmoogrrrl Tigger Goddess

Just my $.02!

It seems like the tank top thing is for men, but if you chose to wear a sundress or a sleeveless top, you might consider bringing a light sweater or something. I wore a lot of sundresses on our past cruises, and I was usually cold in the dining rooms and theater. Hot everywhere else, but cold indoors.

6. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Would you wear this outfit to a restaurant in your town? Would you wear it to church, or to a party, or to the theater? If so, it is fine for MDR.

Just use your judgment as to whether you feel good wearing the top. If so, it's fine. Women wear halter dresses all the time that are formal wear and a lot more shows than in a shell top or sleeveless dress.

Nancy

7. Torgue

Torgue Mike

On 4-night cruises:
    "First night: cruise casualno shorts, swimwear or tank tops
    "One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
    "One "dress-up night"jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
    "Final night: cruise casualno shorts, swimwear or tank tops

First time and wondered do most men wear a jacket and a tie?

8. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

Seven Disney cruises and have worn sleeveless dressy tops on all of them without any issues. They are blouses not sleeveless t-shirts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. sweetlovin'

sweetlovin' DIS Veteran

So a guy that shaves his armpits is ok

Sorry I couldn't resist:rotfl2:

10. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

See, I think bared shoulders at church are a complete NO. And sleeveless is not allowed at my office.

Aside from be debate about sleeveless or not - those without sleeves will freeze their bare arms off in the MDRs. So bring a little sweater to go with your shell, ladies.

11. Plaid Princess

Plaid Princess Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

I grabbed a few shrugs like these at Target to throw over my shoulders, as the dining rooms can be chilly. A dressy sleeveless shirt is no different than wearing a strapless dress, IMHO. I doubt anyone would say anything, although technically they could.

12. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The shorter cruises are more casual, and you'll find very few men in jackets and ties.

13. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

14. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

We ended up in less than Cruise Casual in Palo and although we apologized to everyone near enough to listen, no one seemed to care. We went to a John Lasseter presentation in John Lasseter presentation garb ie..jeans and Pixar T shirts..Talk scheduled for 45 minutes so had plenty of time to change before scheduled Palo brunch..Presentation went over 2 hours (I wouldn't have missed a minute of it) and we ended up VERY late to our reservation and felt lucky they still let us in..late and dressed poorly to boot! It was still a nice time but I think we were there at the tail end of the brunch time because offereings were skimpy. So..do your best to look nice as need be but don't panic and freak about it..in the long run no one is going to sneer at you or boot you out.

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

The Fashion Police are passing judgement...

and unlike Joan Rivers they haven't even seen the clothing LOL!

16. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

But if you use the 'wear to church' test as a minimum, then anything you WOULD wear would be fine in the MDR. A less formal outfit may also be okay, but if you would wear it to church, you'll be okay in the MDR.

Many people wear jeans to church. I don't, but anything I would wear to church would also be okay in the MDR.

Nancy

17. dskib

dskib DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I'm not going to worry about it and just wear what feels right. I don't even own any skimpy spaghetti strap type tops!! But I'll be sure to bring a light sweater in case. Thanks for the tip ;)