• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner match ups?!?!

It's just going to be me and my fiancé (will be hubby) on our honeymoon. Can we request a private table for just the two of us?

You can always request, but there are no guarantees. And contrary to what it seems on here, it does NOT always happen.

Being a solo traveler that has cruised multiple times with Disney I noticed that I was paired up with other adult couples with no children. My first experience with DCL dinner match up didn't work out and since that cruise I had requested my own table. On my WBTA cruise last September I had requested my own table but on the first day during dinner while waiting to enter the MDR I ran into a couple I met on a tour prior to the cruise so we requested to be seated together.

We just disembarked our 1st cruise yesterday - my wife & I (40), DD13 and DS10 - and we could not have been paired up better! We were with a couple about our age and their DS13

They are experienced cruisers so we bombarded them all sorts of questions and then shared experiences after our excursions. Our kids spent a good deal of time together in Edge - their "Squad" almost abandoned us at times! (And banned us from playing Tunes Trivia against them!)

I think a lot of cruisers just have similar interests - and Disney is just Magical! We exchanged info with our new friends and have already become FaceBook friends and exchanged pictures - it was a Great experience and our cruise would not have been the same without them!

We were matched up perfectly the first time, another couple with DS born the exact same month, day and year as our DS! But... there was a big of a language barrier the other couple didn't speak English that well. However we got over it and managed to communicate just fine, and our boys did too. The 2nd time we were with a family with kids the same age as our DS but they were all girls. DS was disappointed at first, but actually ended up making great friends and everyone had fun. Before our cruise DCL actually asked us when I called about something else if we wanted to have a private table at dinner, but we prefer to be seated with others so I said no. I don't know what the likelihood of getting a private table is...

It's just going to be me and my fiancé (will be hubby) on our honeymoon. Can we request a private table for just the two of us?
Certainly. Just call DCL and have the request placed on your reservation.

"Private" table isn't really available. In most of the MDRs the next table is only 6-12 inches away. You may as well be seated with others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter