Dinner in the Oceaneer Club?

csidisney

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the Navigators and I saw they list dinner in the Oceaneer Club. How does that work? Do they go get the food for you? I am interested in this on our Palo night but my kids are ages 3 and 4, so they would obviously need a little help. Thanks!

I think they create a 'special' buffet for them and walk them through it. They keep it closed to everyone else, and the kids get to eat together privately.

I was looking at the Navigators and I saw they list dinner in the Oceaneer Club. How does that work? Do they go get the food for you? I am interested in this on our Palo night but my kids are ages 3 and 4, so they would obviously need a little help. Thanks!

I'm not sure how they're doing it on the Dream, but on the Magic and Wonder they take the kids up to Topsiders/BBB where they have a good selection of "kid-friendly" food on the buffet line. I'm sure the counselors will be there to help.

On our last two cruises (Dec. of 2010 and Dec. of 2009) They brought food into the club for the kids. I thought that they quit taking the kids to the buffet?

We just got off the 3/12 Magic and our son (6 1/2) ate dinner twice in the Club. They bring kid friendly food in and set it up in the back of the club and make an announcement that the food is there. They only keep the food out for about 45 minutes and then they pick it up. That's what the counselors told me and my son confirmed it. Dinner both nights we let him eat there was from 5:15-6pm.
HTH!!

We just got off the 3/12 Magic and our son (6 1/2) ate dinner twice in the Club. They bring kid friendly food in and set it up in the back of the club and make an announcement that the food is there. They only keep the food out for about 45 minutes and then they pick it up. That's what the counselors told me and my son confirmed it. Dinner both nights we let him eat there was from 5:15-6pm.
HTH!!

Oooops...... sounds like they have changed the procedure since our DS was in the Club/Lab. I stand corrected.......

Ok good, thanks! I'd prefer the food to be brought in...hopefully they won't be too distracted with all the fun and they will eat! ;)

Light food is brought in and set up at a table in both the lab and club. The time changes every night so pay attention to the Navigator. It may be up to the 3 and 4 year old to walk over and eat when it is time and only a few of the kids usually eat since many expect dinner later in the evening.
I would do one of two things:
1) Take the kids to eat early and make sure they are fed then drop them at the club.
2) Tell the staff that you want them to eat if they could provide some encouragement to your kids.

The funny thing is two times I went to go pick up my DS7 for lunch and he would already be eating lunch in the club/lab. He really enjoyed the potato chips they served with the sandwiches. I was very proud he took it upon himself to get fed.

I'm not sure how they're doing it on the Dream, but on the Magic and Wonder they take the kids up to Topsiders/BBB where they have a good selection of "kid-friendly" food on the buffet line. I'm sure the counselors will be there to help.

This changed ...not sure when, but in 2010, they were bringing the food to the Oceaneer's Club. No more trucking the kids up to deck 9 and back down. The dinner time in the OC will not be the same as your time--check the Navigator! They will offer food to the kids, but not insist that they stop playing and eat. THus, if this is Palo night for you, talk to the CM and explain that your DD/DS NEEDS to eat with the OC group--you don't want a "He's hungry" page (OK, wave phone call) in the middle of your dinner.

If we don't have time to feed them before, and its not the scheduled dinner time at the club, would we be able to get food from the fast food area and bring it to the club and set them up there at a table? Just another thought...

What worked well for us when our kids were small. Before we went to the room to get ready for dinner we would go get food by the pool, chicken fingers, pizza, fruit (they have milk) and bring it to our cabin. We feed the kids as we got ready for dinner and they dropped them off at the club, That way we knew they ate, had at least a little fruit, amd were not tired of the club before our dinner started. You can also order room service at no charge except a tip.

:banana:

If we don't have time to feed them before, and its not the scheduled dinner time at the club, would we be able to get food from the fast food area and bring it to the club and set them up there at a table? Just another thought...
They seemed pretty stricted about bringing in outside outside food. I would see bottles of milk, juice even a Budweiser sitting abondoned at the club check-in. I think I saw dinner served in the lab and club everyday it just differed by time each day. Anywhere from 5pm-6:15pm. I can't imagine a 3-year-old taking the intiative to stop playing and go eat when many of the other kids are still playing but I would bet the staff may be able to help you if you tell them in advance. They really want to help and at least one staff member does help the kids serve and eat.

Thanks...I am going to try and feed them first, but it is nice to know the option is there if for some reason we don't have time too :)

Our son was in the Lab on the Dream one night when they served dinner. He said they came around and asked him if he would like to have dinner (which he said was served in the "craft" area between the two clubs). We were on late seating on a B2B, he knew we were going to Enchanted Garden where he would get scallops again :cloud9:, so he told them no and that was fine with them. If we knew our child needed to eat while there, we'd make sure to tell the counselors ahead of time.

On the Dream we serve dinner in the workshops between the Club and the Lab. We make announcements that we have dinner and make them every 10 mins or so. If you want your children to eat let a YA cm know when you drop them off and we will make sure they are served something (we obviously cant make them eat it though). We dont allow any food (other than what we bring in) into our spaces due to allergies, plus it is unfair on the other children if they see other kids eating when it isnt a meal time.

Our last cruise we had late seating and the kids fell asleep at dinner the first night. From the next night on, we ordered room service before our show and the kids ate in the room while we got ready. Then before dinner we dropped them at the Club where they had no problem staying up and the counselors gave them dinner there as well. Worked so wonderfully that we booked late seating again for our Fantasy cruise next year.

Ok good, thanks! I'd prefer the food to be brought in...hopefully they won't be too distracted with all the fun and they will eat! ;)

Yeah, that was the kink in my brilliant plan! My daughter, as it turned out, spent dinner time playing (why stop when you don't have to???) and so was starving when I picked her up. Now I know to take her to eat before our Palo reservation and then drop her off w/o worrying about her eating in the club. Its a great service and I'm glad they offer it, but I've learned my lesson, lol.

Our daughter was in the Edge on our 4-night Dream cruise so dinner wasn't brought in (though there were activities involving food). We had second seating. On our Palo night (third night/pirate night) we all went to Cabanas and she ordered dinner and we ordered an appetizer and a drink. She got some dessert to go. She got to select from things that were on the pirate night menu and the service was great. We went to Palo's - she had dessert in the cabin then went on to the Edge. The 4th night we were eating at Remys - but they didn't serve dinner in Cabana that night and she didn't want to go to second seating dinner by herself understandably....though the other family at our table was very nice and had a daugher just about 18 months younger (but she was in the Lab and not the Edge). So, I checked with our head server, and he told me to come down to our rotation restaurant after first seating had started and talk to him - so I did and my daughter ordered off that mnenu and we took her starter and entree back to the room. So she got to have a nice meal and then head to the Edge while we went to Remys (and we got back from Remys before she came home from the Edge).

At lunch we have cheese or ham sandwich, fruit salad, salad, cheese squares.
If we are on Castaway then we serve hotdogs, chicken tenders, fries, fruit salad and crisps. With fruit punch or water for drinks.

Dinner is usually pizza or chicken nuggets or mac and cheese, french fries, salad, and fruit salad.

The only drinks we serve are water and apple juice.

fcrouch- when did you cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter