Dinner Ideas Using Hamburger....

Salisbury steak:

Mix one pound of hamburger with a bunch of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (yes, "abunch" IS a measurement... and more to stretch it further, less to increase the meatiness-- you can also use fresh/stale bread, but then add a bit of basil to the mix) Divide into six or so balls and flatten into an oval shape (to make it "different" than those hamburgers you had last night)
Brown meat on both sides, then add 1 package either onion OR mushroom dried gravy mix, but double the water required according to the package (usually 1c, so double it to 2c). Simmer until the meat is cooked through and the gravy has attained gravy consistency, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.

Serve over egg noodles. Plain ol' peas go very nicely with this.

A very simple recipe that I grew up on and my kids love now -

Brown hamburger
Heat up 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
Make 2 cups white rice.

Layer on your plate - rice, meat, tomatoes. Top with a few sprinkles of lemon pepper seasoning. We serve with buttered bread and dilled peas.

Truly a comfort food for me (and costs pennies!).

Another comfort food is:

egg noodles
ground beef
homemade mushroom gravy
corn
sour cream.

Mix the cooked noodles with the cooked beef, add the finished mushroom gravy. Top with corn and sour cream.

It's so bad for you, but such a comfort food. My babysitter growing up made this...but she threw tater tots (cooked separately) into it, too. OMG..

Here is the recipe for Salsa Rosa burgers I got off of e-mealz a few years ago. Our family loves this recipe.

Salsa Rosa Burgers

1.5 lbs ground beef
(1 ½ t garlic salt, ½ c parmesan cheese)
1 packet Pesto sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
(2 t olive oil)
(1 t Italian seasoning, 1 t minced garlic)
6-8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
8 ct sandwich buns

Mix garlic salt and parmesan cheese into meat. Make patties. Grill, broil or fry to desired doneness, turning once to preserve juice and flavor!

Mix pesto according to pkg instructions.

To make Salsa Rosa: Mix drained tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, dash of salt and Italian seasonings.

Separate buns in half. Place on baking pan. Sprinkle mozzarella on one side of buns. Melt under broiler.

Add patty, spread with pesto and top with salsa.

Taco Twist Casserole
1lb hamburger
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning
16oz rotini noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
Shredded cheddar cheese
Tostitos

Brown hamburger, drain grease, add tomato sauce and taco seasonings, simmer until ready to put in pan. At the same time cook noodles, when done, drain and add sour cream to noodles and place in bottom of 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish. Put hamburger mixture on top of noodles. Top hamburger with cheese and crushed tostitos. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

All 3 of my kids love this and I think its the only one they agree on! You can add green pepper, olives, onions to the hamburger mixture too.

Friti Chili Pie is a favorite of ours. Just make chili and serve it over Frito chips or corn chips, top with shredded cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, lettuce, or tomatoes.

We also make a Mexican pie. Just layer taco meat, refried beans, tortilla shells in a baked pie crust, and top with whatever toppings you want.

Other hamburger items: taco burgers or sloppy joes; mini pizzas using biscuit dough, english muffins or french bread; pepperoni pasta made using pasta, spagetti sauce, and pepperoni and hamburger & top with cheese. We make this for sports team dinners and the kids love it.

I am sure there are some other ideas that I am forgetting, but will add later if I think of them.

Happy Cooking.

I take cooked and drained ground beef mix in beef gravy corn and top with mashed potatoes.

Two of my kids fave recipes...

my accidental sloppy joes
1/2 can of sloppy joe mix (can)
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
add these to browned/drained ground beef and serve on rolls or on mashed potatoes

Shepard's Pie
Stuffed Portabella mushrooms and wild rice
Meat ball subs
Meatloaf with stuffing in a pinwheel
Chilli
Sloppy joes

Check out Food Net work

Beef and Rice Skillet Meal

Saute onions in skillet (season with salt and pepper). Add ground beef and brown. Add gravy packet and frozen mixed vegetables. Hit with a couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce. Cook until gravy thickens and vegetables heat through. Serve over white/brown rice with a nice side salad! So easy and totally a go-to comfort meal for my family :)

Sweet Sloppy Joes

Brown 1lb ground beef
then add
8oz ketchup
8oz water
a splash of worechestershire
finely chopped two stalks of celery
finey chopped small onion

Simmer for a few hours
This honestly tastes better the 2nd day. Must have something to do with the sugar in the ketchup but it tastes much sweeter on the 2nd day once it is cooled and reheated.

My Mom made us 'souper rice'.

Brown and season ground beef, with or without onion, drain fat.

Heat one or two cans of Campbells tomato soup made with water. When it comes to a boil, add minute rice, 1 can of instant rice per can of soup/water. Add the ground beef, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. You can top with cheese, or whatever you prefer.

This was her 15 minute, I don't feel like cooking meal.:thumbsup2

Not that great for you, but filling with a salad, vegie and some french bread.

Garbage burgers

1 lb of hamburger
2 tbl of relish
1/2 c Bold and Spicy A1 sauce
small dices onion
and enough bread crumbs so that the meat is not too wet
Squish it all together.

Form into patties and fry in the skillet.
---------------------------------------
BBQ veggie meatballs

2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 pound extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup uncooked couscous
1 egg2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Form meat into balls and place in a 9x13 pan
2.Place zucchini, onions, and red bell pepper into a food processor, and pulse several times until finely chopped but not liquefied. Place the vegetables into a bowl, and mix in ground turkey, couscous, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard until thoroughly combined. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full. Top each cup with about 1 teaspoon of barbecue sauce.
3.Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Internal temperature of a meatball measured by an instant-read meat thermometer should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 119 | Total Fat: 1g
*** I make a double batch and freeze one batch.

Ok... I'm in a dinner rut!:confused3 I am tired of the same old recipes. I pulled out hamburger for tonight and there is no way I can make tacos, enchiladas, spagetti, or meatloaf one more time! Atleast not this week, as I have wore those dishes out! :rotfl2:

So I would really loooove your help! Any good Ideas or recipes that I could use hamburger with other than the ones I mentioned?

Thanks disers!:thumbsup2

Stuffed Peppers
Sloppy Joes
Glumpkys (Stuffed cabbage)
swedish meatballs
Jamaican beef patties (they are like empandas)
Cheeseburgers (I didnt' see them on your list!)
chili
taco soup
lasagna
hamburger strognaoff
shepards pie

we nolonger eat a lot of ground beef just the usual humburgers, tacos

What about abondiga mexican soup(meatball soup). I'm trying to get the recipe froim my favorites but its not letting me. Ihope the website isnt closed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter