dinner ideas at MK

stormer

DIS Veteran
We will be going to Disney in Oct. with friends who have never been there before. We will be spending 2 full days in MK. One day we plan on having dinner at LTT. I am not sure what to do the other day. I prefer CP for breakfast and am not thrilled with the food at Tonys. I was thinking of hopping on the monorail and heading over to Epcot at dinner time and eating at LaCellier. How long do you think it would take to get there? Would this be worth it with 5 kids between us?

Any other ideas, maybe a resort close by with a good place to eat?

I would try for Chef Mickey's (in Contemporary... walk there or monorail), Kona or Ohanas (In Poly, take the monorail or boat), or Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge (take the boat).

Have fun!

I Second Kona-we always have good luck there. Then walk out on the beach for a drink-very pleasant.

I agree with gatorfreud. My first choice would be Ohana's @ Poly, then Whispering Canyon @ WL or Chef Mickey's @ CR.

I think it would be a lot of work to trek over to Le Cellier w/ 5 kids if you're only going for dinner. I agree with gator - look into O'hana or Kona at the Polynesian or Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL or Chef Mickey's at the CR - you'll have quick and easy transportation. Though if you run out of stuff do to at MK and want to spend half a day at Epcot then Le Cellier could be a good idea if you can get an ADR!

Have you been to CP for dinner? I think it is wonderful! If you really want to stay in MK The Plaza is awesome too - big delicious sandwiches and ice cream desserts that are to die for!:thumbsup2

I don't know the ages or gender of the kids you are traveling with, but a nice monorail dinner away would be 1900 Park Fare at GF. Cinderella, Prince Charming. Lady Tremaine (step-mother) and 2 step-sisters (Anastasia and Drizella) appear. They are very funny and the atmosphere is pleasant - the food is good too.

I think it would be a lot of work to trek over to Le Cellier w/ 5 kids if you're only going for dinner. I agree with gator - look into O'hana or Kona at the Polynesian or Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL or Chef Mickey's at the CR - you'll have quick and easy transportation. Though if you run out of stuff do to at MK and want to spend half a day at Epcot then Le Cellier could be a good idea if you can get an ADR!

I don't know the ages or gender of the kids you are traveling with, but a nice monorail dinner away would be 1900 Park Fare at GF. Cinderella, Prince Charming. Lady Tremaine (step-mother) and 2 step-sisters (Anastasia and Drizella) appear. They are very funny and the atmosphere is pleasant - the food is good too.

I agree, great suggestions!

Whenever we want to do MK and don't feel like eating IN MK, we always head to a monorail resort TS. THey're great!

Definitely Ohana. And after dinner you can walk back to the ticket and transportation center in about 5 minutes.

I second eating at one of the monorail resorts. My choice would probably be O'Hana. Lively, fun entertainment and good food (and drinks for the adults). Since you have already done a character meal, I would go with O'Hana. I would not go over to Epcot. That is really a huge hassle. And if your trip is in October, you might not be able to get that one anyway. I enjoy Le Cellier but don't think its worth a special trip over. And the atmosphere is boring for kids.

If you want to stay in the MK, I enjoy Tony's (but you said you didn't) or the Plaza. But really and truly I think O'Hana would be very fun for everyone and the Poly is fun to go over and check out.

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I am going to call now and see what I can get.

I would defeinetly agree with trying 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickeys. With 5 children this cuts down on the time you have to spend in the parks getting autographs and pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter