Dinner for 19?

WMorganS

Flapping My Ears
Does anyone have advice for in-park TS dining with 19 people?

We have 8 parents, 10 pre-teens, and 1 child (age 6), and we'd like to book one ADR together each day. A dining CM told me that all Disney restaurants can handle 19, so I should just call 180 before check-in, but I suspect there's a few limitations and quid pro quo's he didn't know about.

Are there TS restaurants (in park) where sitting together will work particularly well or poorly? What about CRT? Can it really handle 19?

I've done 18 people on a reservation. Some restaurants you have to call the restaurant. Pretty much all will say you may be separated (and you may). The ones I've had the best luck with are chef mickeys ( 2 table next to each other ), 1900 park fare and Biergarten (2 tables next to each other)

I went with a group of 12, so a bit smaller, but got lots of advice on the boards from people with 15+ . There is no group reservation number or anything and they said no need to try reserving for 3 groups of 6 or anything like that. Book your total group and each restaurant will determine whether they need separate tables. I liked using the phone vs online because I just felt like it's easier for me to consult my notes and ask questions while the CM is doing all the computer clicking and checking. We also had one ADR per day together. Here's where we ate:

CRT lunch - 2 tables side by side with half booth half chairs. There was a third table in this area that I bet would be used all together to seat 18 - you end up being a big arc of tables along the curved wall.
BOG lunch - technically counter service, so you find your own tables
Coral Reef in Epcot - 2 tables side-by-side
Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge - all 12 at one table. Kind of a weird kidney-shaped table. I don't know if they have alcoves/rooms for larger groups or if you would just be seated near one another - this shape table definitely couldn't be pushed together
Hollywood & Vine in DHS - 2 rectangular tables of 6 side by side. We were more separate here than the others, the tables weren't end-to-end or anything, so we could have been two parties of strangers near each other.
Chef Mickey - pretty similar to CRT - an arc-shaped booth on one side with chairs opposite. There was a 3rd (and maybe 4th?) table here, so it could have been a bigger group. Other areas had rectangular tables, so perhaps groups would push those together
Akershus in a Epcot - 2tables together to make one long.

There really was no secret to it, despite my also assuming there would be.

ETA: definitely make your ADRs for the full number. It is easy to decrease your group size later if needed and difficult to increase. As long as at least one person honors your reservation, you are not charged the no-show fee for anyone (although it is a nice courtesy to release those extras if you know in advance). Last, are you on the dining plan? If so, you have no pre-payment on your reservations. If not, Cinderella's Royal table (along with dinner shows like Hoop de Doo and The Luau at the Poly ) require pre-payment in full at time of reservation ($$$!!). If you even think you'll want the plan, you can put it on your reservation, avoid the pre-payment, then do all the math based on your actual chosen restaurants - you can drop the dining plan from your resort reservation if need be with no effect on your dining reservations.

Last edited:
I have only had a reservation for a large number at Ohana. We were warned that we could be separated, but Ohana has tables that they moved into a very long table to accommodate all of us. We were not split up. We have had a reservation there for 20, one for 14, and one for 8 or 9. We have never been split up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter