Dinner / Fireworks Cruise / Parking Question

MsCoz2000

NJ Shore Girl
Hello all!

My mom and I will be going to Disney in just a couple of weeks to celebrate her 70th birthday. My dad and I planned the trip for her before he passed away about a month ago. We discussed a lot of wonderful surprises for her throught the week ending with a "bang".

On our last day there we will be spending it in MK, it's a Halloween Party night, so the park closes for us at 7pm. I've made reservations at WCC at 6:45 and was lucky enough to score a fireworks cruise.

My question is about the best way to get from point a, to point b, to point c. My initial thought is to park at Wilderness Lodge that morning and take the boat over to MK, then take the boat back to WL for our dinner. That way we have the car there to drive to either (we have a choice- and also which marina would you pick?) Contempory or Ft Wilderness Marinas.

I've used valet before at GF and Poly and been allowed to stay the length of the day, does WL offer that option too?

Is that my best bet? Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I can't help on the parking, but I wanted to tell you I am so sorry for your loss. The trip sounds like it will be very special for many reasons.

Yes. You can valet park at Wilderness Lodge and it should be $20.00 for the whole day. I think that's your best option since you will coming back to that resort for dinner. It is also a short boat ride to the Magic Kingdom so well worth it. In terms of marinas, Fort Wilderness would be the closer of the two options and boats head directly from WL to FW - there's also a walking trail between WL and FW- its lengthy ( maybe 3/4 of a mile) but beautiful.

x
Dora

I can't help on the parking, but I wanted to tell you I am so sorry for your loss. The trip sounds like it will be very special for many reasons.

Thank you, the trip will def. be bittersweet.

Yes. You can valet park at Wilderness Lodge and it should be $20.00 for the whole day. I think that's your best option since you will coming back to that resort for dinner. It is also a short boat ride to the Magic Kingdom so well worth it. In terms of marinas, Fort Wilderness would be the closer of the two options and boats head directly from WL to FW - there's also a walking trail between WL and FW- its lengthy ( maybe 3/4 of a mile) but beautiful.

x
Dora

Ok, great, thank you. I think that is what I will do then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter