Dinner, Fireworks, Best Spots

THE DENTIST

Isn't it funny how a bear loves honey, buzz, buzz,
Hello Everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank those of you who responded to my queries a couple of months ago. My wife and I are making our dream come true with our first trip to Disney in Jan 04. We have booked POR for the two week stay.
I'm so happy to read the good reviews of late and pleased that you have enjoyed the place. It obviously makes one feel good about going.
I wolud be grateful for insider info on where, when to book dinner for fireworks views. In particular we don't want to miss any of the great restaurants e.g. V&A, Chef Mickeys and so on.
Is there a particular day or time to aim for and if so how early should we book?

These and other questions await anyone daring enough to reply.

Thanks & Love

KV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What if god was one of us, just a something like one of us.....
tryin a make his way home...
Or waiting in line at the rides!

Hello KV,
We have had several of our meals to view the fireworks.We viewed from CRT(there was just two of us) and we had a window view.We have Dined at Narcoossee's(Grand Fl.)What I have done to make this happen for us is wait till Disney Web Site post the Park hours and you can then find out what time the Fireworks will be.We like to plan about 15-30 min. within that time frame.The food at both has always been good,and they are places we have enjoyed many times.Don't forget there will be new Fireworks at MK starting in Oct.We will be going Oct.13-17'and I have a 6:40 PS for Narcossee's to view the 8:00 Fireworks.Then in Dec. we will be there Dec.11-15 and have an Illuminations Cruise booked to see those Fireworks at Epcot.We find all the Fireworks just so Spectacular.Good Luck!!!!

Thanx Stinkertinker,

I am sure you don't stink at all given your helpful reply. In fact it's given us a way forward to plan our visit.
So, I should watch Disney sites for park hours and then book the restaurants, but these places book so far in advance how can we be sure of getting a seat?

KV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brush N Floss to keep that Gloss

KV,
Yes this is true about the 90 day PS rule.But the info you need is most often Posted 60 days in advance.We don't go during the summer when it is most crowded,and so far we have had no problems getting our request at the 60 day time.We have even got request 30 days out.If you dont't get all your request the first try, just keep trying.People do cancel quite often.HAVE FUN!!!!!

Hi Vicki, You said you had a window table at CRT and could see the fireworks. Do you know if they are visible at ALL TABLES and do you hear the music too?? Thanks, Joan

Am I reading you correctly? If we would like to eat at a certain restaurant within the Disney complex we need to reserve a spot 60-90 days in advance? Where are these places located? Inside the parks or where? I am a neophyte at this stuff, and would love to get some "insider" information too! We especially would love to see the fireworks, whether we are at a restaurant, at the park, (will be at MK on Dec 25th, and MGM on the 26th) or in our hotel! I am trying to find a hotel where the fireworks at Paradise Island taking place can be seen.:cool:

katjoy:

This link will give you the details of the restuarants at WDW.

WDW dinning

It will also list the the times you can make priority seating. Some are 60-90 days, but some like Bistro DeParis is only 30 days.

Also check out www.wdwinfo.com

Have fun

DEFINITELY the California Grill. Not only is the food great, but the views are magnificent as well. I will never forget being seated at a table with a birds-eye view of the Magic Kingdom. Plus, we got to see the fireworks from the table as well! They dimmed the lights and piped in the music... it was absolutely beautiful! It will always stick out in my mind as one of the most memorable dining experiences ever. Be sure to make PS's early for this one, as it is very popular.

mariamouse :)

I agree the California Grill.If you can get a window table its just amazing.If you cant get a window table they have an observation deck you can go out on to watch the fireworks.The restaurant is on the top of the Contemporary Resort.Its best to have the resrvation 30-45 minutes before the fireworks start as sometimes it takes a while to be seated.The food is out of this world.

We were at CG last week with the idea that we'd be able to enjoy the fireworks from there. I've seen them there in the past, but that was after already seeing them in the MK on mainstreet so I wasn't really that attentive to them at CG that time.

Well, this time we took a shorter trip and since we wanted to dine at CG, we just figured we'd catch them from there. It was so loud in the restaurant that you can barely hear the music that they pipe in. There was a really loud/obnoxious group of businessmen at the bar who were totally oblivious to the fireworks or the families trying to hear the music. So we ended up quickly walking outside on the observation deck and watching them from there. The music was much louder, but the fireworks are so far off to the right that you lose the perspective of seeing the fireworks in front of the castle.

So I guess my point is that if you really want to get the best effect of the show and get the right atmosphere....see them from mainstreet. I don't know if the effect is better from the Poly though...that's right across from the MK and so you might get a better view from there.

Firework viewing from the CG is defintely over-rated though I'm afraid.

My family loves the Polynesian and we always have a meal at 'Ohana. We ask for a seat in the window and when the fireworks go off over the castle they dim the lights in the restaurant. You see the fireworks over the palm trees and it's very "tropical" and we love it! My kids (9 and 5) always want to do this when we visit. After dinner we take a monorail ride. Tradition!

Hi Joan,
Not all the tables give you a Fireworks view,and yes they do pipe in the music so you hear everything.But remember it might be changing as far as the location when the new fireworks start in Oct.
Katjoy,
I'm not sure what Paradise Island fireworks you are talking about.Sorry I didn't get back sooner,had to work today and just got online.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We like to eat in England. We make our reservation for about one hour before the fireworks start. When it is time for them, we are just about eating dessert. We ask for our table to be out on the patio. This is a great place to watch the fireworks. You don't have to hurry out when the fireworks are over. There are plenty of buses to take you back to your hotel. You will have a wonderful time!!

Well, in searching for a hotel, I was seeing that many people would put in their review of the hotel, that they could see the fireworks from "Paradise Island". Maybe I'm not remembering the place's name correctly, but it's the place where you have to be an "adult" to go to it!
:Pinkbounc :confused: :rolleyes:
My children are on the younger side, so I thought they may not last to stay at the park to see the fireworks, but, we may just make an exception and stay until the fireworks are over!
Can you see them at the MK on Christmas day, do you think?
Thanks for all the nice responses. I will look into a restaurant PS, as I want this day to be as magical as possible, since we will be away from home on Christmas Day, and (probably) not with any extended family (just us cuddlesome foursome!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter