Dinner Dress

♥Ariel♥

DIS Veteran
i am sixteen and i was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas on what to where for dress up dinner. i was thinking a strapless cocktail dress. would that be acceptable?

You will see all kinds of thngs on the dress up nights.

If you feel dressed up and you probably are.

My kids dress way up!!!

My Dd wore a long dress heels are up etc.
My Ds wore a jacket and tie.

But i also saw some teen girls in Jean skirts and heels.
(although i think the cocktail dress sounds awesome)

Hey im sixteen too.:banana: it kinda depends on the place you go to on the itinary (idk how to spell haha) they tell you like formal or semi-formal. when i went 2 years ago it was mostly casual like nice clothes/sundress but one night was really formal so nicer dress and cute flats or heels. some ppl went all out in like tuxes and prom dresses but some didnt. theres a wide variety of ppl so i think no matter what, you will be fine:upsidedow

You'll see prom type dresses, cocktail dresses, church dresses, etc.

As a teen on the Magic, in addition to formal and semi-formal nights, you'll have "homecoming." Most girls wear the fanciest dress they brought. If you feel dressed up, you'll be appropriate.

Since you mentioned strapless....old ladies like me get cold in the dining rooms sometimes. You might want to consider a wrap or sweater of some sort "just in case." AND...this from the mom in me...DD just got a beautiful strapless gown for prom. Suddenly she's not comfortable with the thought of dancing in it (modesty issues) which she has solved with, "Mom, can you make me a jacket to go with this?" You'll move a lot more in The Stack than you will in the dining room.

My 16 yr old daughter will be wearing the prom dress we got her for this year's prom so at least we get double duty out of it :yay: It is a full length strapless gown with a bit of a full skirt. Now if I can only figure a good way to pack it. We are driving so we can bring as mich with us as we'd like.

Ariel -

Just wanted to say that I think it is wonderful that you took the time to find out what is acceptable to wear on the ship. Most girls your age would never think to do that.

My 16 yr old daughter will be wearing the prom dress we got her for this year's prom so at least we get double duty out of it :yay: It is a full length strapless gown with a bit of a full skirt. Now if I can only figure a good way to pack it. We are driving so we can bring as mich with us as we'd like.

A garment bag works wonders. Put it in a dry cleaner type bag first, then in the garment bag. The wrinkles won't be bag and most will come out if you hang it in the bathroom while you run the shower. Do not use any chemical "de-wrinklers" as they can stain some formal fabrics. If it is polyester, you shouldn't have a problem.

Vacuum bags work wonders for the poofy dresses. :thumbsup2

Vacuum bags work wonders for the poofy dresses. :thumbsup2

That's a great idea! My two DD love to bring "poufy" dresses on cruises, but now with most airlines charging for even the first bag, I need to reduce what we bring. Getting it there will be no problem, but how do you get the bag vacuumed closed again? Will the stateroom attendant do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter