Dinner/Dance Cruise on the St Lawrence River?

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
My daughter (18) and I are coming to Quebec with her high school French Club in April. One of the planned activities is a dinner dance cruise on the St Lawrence River.

We are wondering what to wear for the dinner/dance? I'm sure someone here has been to one before so I would very much appreciate some advice.

Also, at the end of April will we still need to bring jackets and boots?

Thanks, Penny

Your dress should be clean but comfortable, not too chic. In April you need to wear spring boots, I wear hiking boots and it's perfect. No winter coat, but a good coat. I hope I was helpful!

For us here, we find that by April, our weather is warming up. However, since you are from a warmer climate - you may find it cold.

Bring along a warm coat and some sweaters. We can use as needed. We have had snow in April and even in May. Usually when that happens though, it is gone in a day or two because it warms up.

Most dinner/dance cruises are casual-ish.

Spring boots are a good idea (with warm socks if it is cold).

You will have a great time, for sure!

Jan

I've done this boat cruise numerous times (I used to tour guide and we always did the dance cruise).
You don't need to get too dressed up. Nice jeans are fine.
But, it's COLD! It's way colder on the water, so dress warmly. Unless you are inside.

Thank you all so much, this group of teen aged girls has really been asking about what they needed to bring to wear. So, either a warm dress or nice jeans are both acceptable?

I think our idea of warm and yours may be a little different. We are from Louisiana so we MIGHT see a few snow flakes every other year or so. It is a very abnormal 32 degrees today and that is the talk of the town.

Some sort of waterproof snow boot? My daughter and I will need to buy a pair before the trip. About the only thing we own is an unlined rubber boot that would surely freeze our feet.

We are soooo excited about this trip. Quebec sounds like such a beautiful city. We have been researching on the computer but things like what to wear, etc, have not been easy to find.

The kids will be on their own for lunch each day. Are there small cafés that do not require a reservation open for lunch? I would guess there are many of the same fast food places we have in Louisiana but I wonder if they are within walking distance of where we will be? Places like Old Town, etc, - the places that tour groups tend to go. Will ten dollars or so each be enough for them to eat lunch or would they need more?

Thank again,

Penny

Hello again,

I don't think that you would need a waterproof snow boot. As a pp stated, perhaps waterproof hikers or even a rainboot. If it is cold enough to snow, it would most likely disappear the next day. If you have a rainboot, you could wear a pair of warm socks under and you would probably be fine.

For the restaurants, I would think that there would be plenty of options. To be honest, I haven't been to Quebec City in many years. However, for most cafes etc., $10.00 should be enough for lunch.

I'm sure that everyone will have a great time!

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter