dinner buffet suggestions

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
Can someone recommend a good dinner buffet and what food is served? I was thinking either Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park, H&V but I am a very picky eater. I love the Disney breakfast buffets but have yet (in my 5 trips) to try a dinner buffet. Any suggestions/comment are appreciated. Thanks!!!

;)

Originally posted by kdibattista
Can someone recommend a good dinner buffet and what food is served? I was thinking either Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park, H&V but I am a very picky eater. I love the Disney breakfast buffets but have yet (in my 5 trips) to try a dinner buffet. Any suggestions/comment are appreciated. Thanks!!!
;)

Start here:
http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

MOST of the buffets are very similar, except for Boma, and I guess Cape May Cafe. Don't forget to consider Trail's End Buffeteria out at Fort Wilderness.

We tried Hollywood & Vine for the first time. It was a nice, well-prepared selection of food. Actually, my husband thought it was better than some of the more expensive restaurants we tried during our vacation at WDW. My kids (17 & 25) also found lots of food on the buffet to their liking.

The following are on our "must do" list each year:

1) Park Fare 1900 - GF
2) Hollywood and Vine - MGM
3) Cape May - Beach Club
4) Liberty Tree Tavern - MK

They all have a bit different selection of food. So, it depends on exactly what you are looking for in regards to type of food. But we like all of the above.

Another vote for Hollywood and Vine. It was one of our favorite meal and can be used with the fantasmic package.

Jordan's mom

Here's another vote for Hollywood & Vine. We did this last year with the Fantasmic! Dinner package. We were a total of 4 adults and 4 children and everyone loved the food. The dessert buffet was an especially big hit!

I have to put my vote in for Akershus (Norway, EPCOT). There is a great selection of cold deli meats and cheeses, smoked salmon and other fishes, plus potato salad, breads, and green salad. The hot dishes that were available on Tuesday night were: Venison Stew, Tomato Soup, Roast Lamb & Veggies, Mixed Veggies, Mashed Rutabaga (the only dish that got a thumbs-down from DH), and Baked Salmon. The desserts are great - Troll Sugar Cookie (huge troll-shaped sugar cookie that you get to paint with colored sugar syrup), Rice Cream, Lemon Cheesecake, and Wedding Dessert (layered applesauce, whipped cream, graham cracker). Deeeelish!
-MrsAPalm

alot of good choices and the service and entertainment was excellent.....not a bad price either.....for two adults...one large beer and a large coke.....the bill was 49.00 without tip.....we enjoyed it ....also love to do the Hollywood and Vine buffet.....

I have to cast my vote for Trail's End in FW. We ate there twice when we were there in AUg. The food is great and the staff is wonderful (ask for Joy). The price is one of the cheapest in the park for a buffet.

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Aug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS-S

Did hollywood &vine, chef mickeys and 1900 park faire on recent trip. Hubby is very healthy eater and kids are picky. they all liked h&v the best. chef Mickeys and park faire were good but selection was better at H&V. Even kids 4&8 thought the other 2 were too noisy also......

Absolutly, hollywood and vine. I find the food there to be great and the selection huge. This is one of the family's favorite place to eat. Nothing too fancy, just good food. Many different types of meats to choose from which also includes Prime Rib now (dinner). The dinner does not have characters, only the lunch and breakfast. We prefer the dinner because it's quite and less crowded. Great deserts too, my fav. is the strawberry shortcake!

Our absolute FAVORITE dinner buffet is Cape May Cafe's Clam Bake at the Beach Club. Now, don't let the name scare you off... there is plenty of variety for everyone! There is the seafood side, with fish, steamed clams and mussells, corn or the cob, and red potatos, and there is the side with non seafood, with delicious BBQ brisket, chicken, and pasta, along with mashed potatos and other veggies. The salad bar is wonderful, and anything you could imagine can be found on it, including peel and eat shrimp. They also have wonderful New England Clam Chowder. Oh, and if that isn't enough to tempt you, or fill you up, the dessert bar is fantastic! We go to this buffet at least once every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter