Dinner @ Boma, How Long To Be Seated?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Hard to believe we've never eaten @ Boma. since we're staying there, figured it was best option for DH & me to be able grab decent (if possibly outside of our comfort zone) food, have a few drinks and not worry about who would be the designated driver.

we have a very early flight that day & will be going to MK, only dining times open @ Boma are 6:00 pm & 7:30 pm, I went with the latter. Now second guessing it after reading more than a few reviews as to long waits to be seated. Long is subjective;), I expect at least a 20 minute wait but wondering since it's a buffet people might tend to linger longer and the tables turn slower.

For those that have eaten here, do you recall any extra-ordinary wait times?

Yes, we had two waits in a row of around an hour and gave up on Boma.

But, the story has a happy ending! We decided to try it again this last trip, booked a 6:30 ADR and waited maybe 5 minutes to be seated. It was our favorite meal of the trip by a mile too.

We waited about 20-25 min before we were seated. I was actually starting to think they had forgotten us, bc everyone that had come after us were getting seated.

I think both of our dinners there, we waited 20-30 minutes to be seated. We show up about 10 minutes prior to the ressie time; not sure if that matters. It's super delicious, though, and worth it in my opinion. My daughter (9) insisted it's a repeat place this trip,too!

Each visit we make sure to make this a stop on our list. Boma's wait times we experienced were different each visit. It all depended what time our ADR was for. We waited as short as 5-10 minutes to 30-40 minutes. But really waiting here is no different than waiting for any of the other places on property.

We go every trip. Longest wait we ever had was 20 minutes.

Can't wait to go back this July.

Hard to believe we've never eaten @ Boma. since we're staying there, figured it was best option for DH & me to be able grab decent (if possibly outside of our comfort zone) food, have a few drinks and not worry about who would be the designated driver.

we have a very early flight that day & will be going to MK, only dining times open @ Boma are 6:00 pm & 7:30 pm, I went with the latter. Now second guessing it after reading more than a few reviews as to long waits to be seated. Long is subjective;), I expect at least a 20 minute wait but wondering since it's a buffet people might tend to linger longer and the tables turn slower.

For those that have eaten here, do you recall any extra-ordinary wait times?

We eat at Boma every trip and have always gotten seated right at or within 5 minutes of our ADR time. Our first or second time there we arrived 30+ minutes prior to our ADR time and waited that entire 30+ minutes as we weren't seated until right around our scheduled time. With that said, we now arrive 5-10 minutes prior to our time and get seated within a few minutes after checking in.

Have an ADR there in August...getting nervous looking at some of these wait times especially with a 3 year old!

We have waited anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour over the course of 4-5 trips there. Most of our waits have been reasonable and not long enough to keep us from going

Thanks all! Certainly it can vary as to size of party, how busy & time of day, but interesting to hear representation of the wait time.

CP & CM always seemed to have the longest waits, assume it's the character factor. Was hoping people wouldn't 'over linger' @ Boma.

OT but wondering if you find yourself waiting longer than 20 minutes or so, can you walk away & not be penalized the $10 pp? We probably will not sleep the night before since we have such an early flight that day. Don't think we can wait to eat much after 8 pm...would probably just go to Marra and call it a night.

We go just about every trip. We always show up the suggested 20 minutes a head of time and are always seated before our reservation time.

We have gone with as few as 4 and as many as 10.

Nini

We ate there twice last week, once for breakfast (2 minute wait) and once for dinner (maybe 10 minute wait). Our Thanksgiving trip last year was about a 10 - 15 minute wait max. We love Boma.

We've eaten there several times (a few times during peak seasons) and never waited more than 10-15 mins. Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll be waiting at least an hour this summer ;)

Worth the wait we love it...kids included. Something for everyone, even the less daring. Happily, now that the kids have gotten a little older, it even beats the character meals for them :thumbsup2

Thanks again, looking forward to trying it out. Hoping somebody will cancel an earlier slot as date gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter