• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner before MVMCP?

twinone

Mouseketeer
I'm planning to get tickets for the Tues Dec 3rd event, right now we plan to go to AK in the morning and have a dinner ADR at 540pm at the Cape May Cafe. Should I stick with this and go right to the MK after dinner (not sure if we'll make it by 7pm) or try to eat somewhere else?

Personally, I would try for something else. We have a 5pm ressie for the Kona at the Polynesian just because we are super close to MK and can get to the party quicker. Keep in mind, you can enter the park with your MVMCP ticket by 4pm, so check to see if there are any restaurants in MK with availability too!

I would plan an early dinner either in the MK since you can get in at 4:00 with just your party tickets or at a nearby resort to reduce after dinner travel time.

For various parties we've had the last lunch res at Liberty Tree Tavern (around 2:45) or eaten at one of the CS places in the park around 4:30 or 5:00. We've also had the earliest dinner reservation at WL or one of the monorail resorts and gotten to the MK just around the start of the party.

We are doing the same plan with AK then party on Dec 8. I think we will be doing counter services that day and supplement with snacks. Want to get to party as soon as possible and not waste time in sit down restaurant as the tickets are so expensive.

We did a Cinderella's Royal Table back in 2011 on our party day and it was just too much and ended up eating into some of the good pre-party ride time, going with a sleep in, ADR at Cape May for Breakfast and a 3PM arrival with Quick Service and snacks as needed this year.

I would recommend eating earlier or just getting quick service. For halloween party we are eating at liberty tree tavern at 415pm.

I would also make an ADR for somewhere else (one of the MK resorts or inside the MK). I'd be pretty surprised if you made it into the MK before 7:30 pm.

I'd allow about 60-75 minutes for dinner. It is a buffet, so you can choose to eat fast it you want. After that, you'll need to catch a bus from BC to MK. The ride is about 15-20 minutes, but the general rule of thumb is to allow about 45 minutes for transportation (just in case you just miss the bus). So in the ideal schedule (60 minute dinner, get to the bus as it just pulls up) will get you to the MK at 7:00 pm. You'll need to get through bag check and then into the park. I think it's more likely that you'll get into MK somewhere between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm if you keep the 5:40 pm ADR.

We usually do a late lunch and then grab counter service for dinner while we wait for the parade. Typically on party days we do breakfast at Kona, late lunch at the Plaze or Liberty Tree, and then we grab something from Casey's after the fireworks while we wait for the second parade.

We are doing the same scheduled as you on Dec 3. We are doing AK in the morning, and then getting to MK by 4, and we have a BOG reservation at 4:50. Then we will be able to enjoy MVMCP the rest of the night.

We are also doing AK on Dec 3rd and then the party. Our plan is to pick up some Quick Service and then enjoy the party. :)

I would plan on eating earlier. Two years ago when we went to MVMCP we at at Chef Mickey's before thinking we'd get to MK by 5:30 but meals often take longer. The lines to get into MK will be long by 4pm with all the overlap from party guests and day guest. Recommend getting deep in MK well before 6 pm if you can stand the crowds.

Our game plan is to valet park at the GF, have a late lunch, see the Christmas decor and take the monorail for a 3:50PM arrival at the MK.

Probably have a late dinner about the time of the first parade a little after 8:15PM. We'll probably have fourth meal back at the hotel, 11:00PM or so.

We are there this Sunday (Nov 17) and have ADR's at Liberty Tree for 5PM. We are there for the day and staying for the party. We had planned on going to HS for the day then coming to the party but my wife didn't want MK to be our 'day 4' activity since she likes it so much so now it our 'day 2'. ;)

Thanks for the advice, we ended up getting an ADR for BOG for 430pm so I think we'll get there at 4ish and then hopefully won't be done dinner to late...thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter