Dinner @ Be Our Guest - Told Food Is Bad!

bonrea

Family-Above All Else In Life
We have very good friends that have the same taste in food and service as we do. They have told us that the food at Be Our Guest Restaurant is bad. They gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it again some months later. They had the same bad experience.

After it has been open for more than a year it should have gotten better. But they say; no, it has not.

Opinions please before I cancel ADR for June 2014. :confused3

I had the roast pork and DDs shared the kids grilled cheese in March & thought it was pretty good. Service was nice. And we got to meet the Beast. (Yes, lunch is cheaper for the pork, but I didn't want to deal with the line or signing up for a FP+ only to be told that since we didn't get the official email the reservation was missing.)

we have done dinner with a party of ten. Service was good. Food was good for some and great for others. No one had a bad meal.

We thought lunch was great, but dinner tasted like it had been frozen and then just warmed up. It was nice for the atmosphere but I doubt we'll be going back any time soon - especially because of the prices!

We've eaten dinner there twice and loved it both times. DD11 and I both had the steak and we thought it was fabulous. DH has had the braised pork and the rack of lamb and loved both.

I enjoyed the steak and fries I had there for dinner. It wasn't the best I'd ever eaten, but it wasn't bad at all. I'd eat there again if I needed a TS dinner in MK.

Lunch was fine last year. Just to calibrate, what restaurants do you consider having good food? Inside or out of WDW.

Never thought it was bad. It's OK. It's not spectacular or even great. I've given up ordering the entrees because the appetizers were better.

That's dinner - lunch has been quite good.

Of course without knowing your friends' particular tastes, we can't really comment on their opinion without more information as to exactly what they thought was "bad."

The dinner doesn't live up to the hype, but then the hype has never really been about the food. And they have beer.

Like others, we enjoyed lunch, and the theming inside the restaurant was a big draw for me, as Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie growing up. Maybe consider switching your dinner ADR for lunch?

We ate dinner there a couple weeks ago. DH had the steak, I had the salmon. DSs had the kids steak and fish. They each had the French onion soup. We all had dessert.

My salmon was very good and so was DH steak. The boys at everything on their plates. The only thing I thought was eh, was the desserts.

We probably won't return. However, we rarely return to any restaurant, we like to try new ones every time. Our only repeat, every year, is Sunshine Season for lunch on our Epcot day.

The food is ok. It is not a signature restaurant so you will not get signature level dishes. I think some people forget that is not the equivalent of going to places like California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's etc. BOG food will be basic TS level which is good but not blow you away great.

BOG is probably the "nicest" dinner option in MK (subject to CRT), and I would argue that it is the best dinner food in MK (but let's be honest, MK is not known for its table service options...hitting a monorail resort for dinner is our usual approach if we're in MK in the evening). However, as someone else has already noted, most people are going to BOG for the atmosphere of eating in a new castle (which is indeed very cool, especially given that you can walk around and see the different dining rooms and meet the Beast). It's also not off-the-charts expensive, which makes it even better. If you are looking to stay in MK but want to "escape" feeling like you're in a park for an hour or so, then BOG is perfect -- when it is snowing outside the window next to your table, you definitely feel like you've left sunny Florida!

We have been for dinner, and we enjoyed the total experience, including the food. I would encourage friends who have not been there to go there at least once. But it is not likely to be a "must do"/repeat for us. We've checked it off the list and are very glad we did.

We went Jan 2013 for dinner and really enjoyed it. I got the steak frites and it was very good. I enjoyed the French Onion soup as well. I always say you can't totally go by the opinions of others as you could get a different server, different chef, etc than the people offering you the opinion. I say try it once and give it a shot. I have always found that what one person likes someone else may not. I have had great experiences at places that others don't. I always say you won't know if you don't try.

If you don't like it, or something isn't cooked correctly don't be afraid to mention it to the server. Now not saying demand a free meal unless it's totally unacceptable but if you don't like a drink, ask to get a new one, if the food is not cooked properly tell the waiter. Otherwise how will things improve if people don't give feedback.

I also agree that people shouldn't expect it to be on the level of a Cali Grill or even Artist Point. Those cater to higher end, fine dining. While the location is GOREGOUS keep in mind they feed probably well over 2000 people a night (might be a bit much but you get my point), where the smaller restaurants feed less. Quality in this case is likely not the same.

Hope that helps..

We are going to get a fastpass for lunch and then conceder dinner at a later date. Thank you all for your input.

We've been to both lunch and dinner numerous times and never had a bad meal. It just goes to show you that different people like different things. This thread reminded me of a conversation I just had with a friend last week. We were talking about a pizza place in our area and she said how her family loved it, best pizza ever and I told her my family hates the pizza there and haven't been in years, it isn't even on our radar. ANYWAY, I find that you have try something for yourself. I will agree that, as in ALL restaurants, Disney or anywhere, the waitstaff can make or break a meal. We have been very lucky and have always had great CMS at BOG. Not all people are going to like every restaurant and this is how it should be. Have fun making ADRS wherever you decide.

Enjoy The Magic!!

We were there in December 4 adults and 2 kids. We all thought the food was good. I think everyone has their own opinion, and everyone should try it at least once, and decide for themselves. If I made my decision based on everyone's experience, I wouldn't have gone, but we loved it and the restaurant is amazing. We are planning on going back our next trip.

My mom and I absolutely LOVED BOG in November. Loved the experience, staff, and the food. Had a delicious meal. Can't wait to go back in September!

We have very good friends that have the same taste in food and service as we do. They have told us that the food at Be Our Guest Restaurant is bad. They gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it again some months later. They had the same bad experience.

After it has been open for more than a year it should have gotten better. But they say; no, it has not.

Opinions please before I cancel ADR for June 2014. :confused3

Lunch is far better than dinner. Dinner is an overpriced version of lunch, honestly. The service is essentially the same, it's just as loud and noisy, only real difference is that at dinner you get a photo with Beast. It isn't worth it IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter