Dinner at The Wave-Recent Experiences?

4Spen

I'm always planning my next trip
I have searched these boards and can't find any recent reviews for dinner at The Wave. I am looking for a new restaurant to try in June and have made a reservation. The Tripadvisor and Yelp ratings aren't great. Anyone have a recent experience they could share? I would really appreciate any input.

I have searched these boards and can't find any recent reviews for dinner at The Wave. I am looking for a new restaurant to try in June and have made a reservation. The Tripadvisor and Yelp ratings aren't great. Anyone have a recent experience they could share? I would really appreciate any input.

I'm not sure if this is recent enough for you but I ate dinner there with my family in early December 2014.

Kids each had the "Petit Filet" steaks with rice and green beans . They liked everything. I also let them have the special souvenir Tink/Buzz "Special drinks" so they were happy about that. But they were most impressed with the dessert. Make your own ice cream sundaes, with the Mickey sprinkles, choc. sauce etc. They loved the sprinkles so we went upstairs to go buy some to take home for cookie decorating, ice cream toppings etc.

The adults: I had some kind of squash ravioli and it was tasty. DH had steak which he liked. I think I ate his green beans since he isn't really a vegetable fan.

All in all, this is sort of a "regular" nice restaurant. Not too much of a Disney "experience" but probably the best food we had on our trip (to compare, we also ate dinners at: CRT, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, 'Ohana). Service was professional and courteous. No issues there.

All in all, our whole family was happy with the dinner. We paid OOP and I did not feel like we overpaid.

Hope that helps a bit.

This probably isn't considered recent, but we ate there in May 2014 and loved it. I'm sure the menu has changed since then, but I know DH had lamb chops that were to die for and I had a beef dish that was delicious (we were on the DDP, so definitely splurged). Our daughter, 6 1/2 at the time, had the whole-grain pasta and ate every bite of food that came. For dessert, she had the ice cream sundae and DH and I each got a dessert trio (I only see one on the menu now, but I know there were 2 last year). Service was excellent. I've raved about it to everyone and I know two people who have eaten there more recently and also really enjoyed it.

Thank you for the info! I think we are going to keep our reservation.

We were this past January. Ours was a last minute reservation and my least favorite meal of the trip. The service was super slow and the waitress brought me the wrong entree TWICE. When I did get the right one, it was stone cold. My daughters grilled cheese was cold too and really gross looking- she ate one bite. At the beginning of the meal, she asked if we were on the dining plan- I said yes but I wanted to charge it to the card number attached to my magic band. I said this 4 times, as she asked me 4 times. And what do you know, she put it on our dining plan which wasted a whole table service meal that I was going to use for the much more expensive Crystal Palace. The restaurant was pretty but the food and service were dreadful.

We ate there in December 2014, and it was my favorite of the trip. It's definitely the best filet I've had on property (I've been to Le Cellier... not a fan of their steaks, ironically). At the Wave, they bring a variety of breads as an appetizer/starter with some Himalayan-salted butter. All of the entrees at our table were delicious--lamb chop, filet, ravioli, the vegetarian dish, and even the hamburger. I would say that the pairings may be a little different, more sophisticated than a "steak and potato" or "pork chop with green beans" etc. The menu changes frequently because all of the offerings are sourced locally (or regionally), and there are even organic options. The desserts were awesome--several "trio" options so you get to try multiple decadent dessert flavors. We loved The Wave! Definitely worth a try!

Not recent, but we ate at the wave a couple years back and we weren't impressed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter