Dinner at the Boardwalk Area

ArthurFiggis

Mouseketeer
On my HS day on my upcoming trip, I'm heading to the Boardwalk for dinner. At the moment, I'm going with Kouzzina since I always mean to eat there but never seem to make it over there.

I'm planning to head to Kimono's for some karaoke after, so I thought why not get some input from folks who know more about the restaurants around there than I do. I'm going OOP this trip, so no restrictions from the DDP.

I'm not a very knowledgable steak person, so I'm not thinking Shula's or Yachtsman--though I'm not ruling them out. Maybe Bluezoo or Flying Fish or even just dining at Kimono's and moving to the lounge afterwards.

Kouzzina is in our top 5 WDW restaurants and a must-do on every trip so I would stick with what you've got planned. :)

I love sushi so Kimonos would be my choice. However, Flying Fish is incredible. Every single morsel I tried was exquisite.

On my HS day on my upcoming trip, I'm heading to the Boardwalk for dinner. At the moment, I'm going with Kouzzina since I always mean to eat there but never seem to make it over there.

I'm planning to head to Kimono's for some karaoke after, so I thought why not get some input from folks who know more about the restaurants around there than I do. I'm going OOP this trip, so no restrictions from the DDP.

I'm not a very knowledgable steak person, so I'm not thinking Shula's or Yachtsman--though I'm not ruling them out. Maybe Bluezoo or Flying Fish or even just dining at Kimono's and moving to the lounge afterwards.

Some of the best dining anywhere is in the Boardwalk area and I do not count Kouzzina as one of those great restaurants...

I have eaten at all of them in this area besides Il Mulino but I have heard that its pretty great.... Also I have not eaten at Big River Grill but I do not think thats really a consideration for this type of evening...

My top in this area are as follows in order:

Flying Fish Cafe - Great Mussels, NY Strip, Mac and Cheese is AMAZING, Banana Napoleon is also great! "Fun whimsical atmosphere good service...

Shula's Steakhouse - Great Steaks I have had quite a few and my favorite is the Filet however you cannot go wrong! The Crab Mac and Cheese is to DIE FOR, Chocolate Soufflé is also very good - Incredible Service too! Very upscale "NYC Steakhouse feel"

Todd English's Bluezoo - Great Scallops app, Atmosphere is very hip, Thought service was a little off putting and overall VERY pricy

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Good steaks in New England Atmosphere, I liked Shula's more though for similar price, Service has lacked here in the past...

All of these are fantastic restaurants and I would really suggest trying one of these especially if your in the boardwalk area and paying OOP they are not a lot more than Kouzzina and better...

If you have any interest at all about Italian food, I strongly recommend Il Mulino at the Swolphin.

You could always just have drinks and a hearty app at one of the places mentioned, then go to Beaches and Cream for a yummy ice cream sundae!

pandas138 said:
You could always just have drinks and a hearty app at one of the places mentioned, then go to Beaches and Cream for a yummy ice cream sundae!

I'm actually doing that two days after the day I mentioned, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I've dined at all of the Epcot resort restaurants. My favorite is bluezoo. Love the food, drinks, atmosphere and service. The scallop appetizer is one of my favorite dishes at all of WDW and I love the contemporary adult vibe.

Il Mulino is also very good if you can avoid being seated in the side room that's horribly noisy. Another great lounge.

Love Kimonos for the sushi.

Flying Fish is the best of the Disney restaurants and I love the bar seating to watch the chefs.

For more casual I think it's fun to sit outside at Big River Grille.

Swan & Dolphin, largely because they are not part of Disney Dining, arguably have the best selection of restaurants on-site. Grand Floridian certainly competes.

You need not have any knowledge of steak to dine at Shula's - they have a cart with all their cuts of meat and lengthy waiter descriptions to help you decide.

Personally, we stay at Swan & Dolphin for a portion of our stay just to enjoy blueZoo (best fish at Disney) and Il Mulino (for my Italian father-in-law). We sometimes add Shula's to mix things up. Sushi & saki are not high priorities for our dining pleasure. Fountain has the best ice cream at Disney (save maybe Ghiradelli).

Kouzinna's is fine. But their whole fish finished with olive oil, to be de-boned by the patron, is, in my opinion, not as enjoyable as the whole fish that is de-boned table-side at blueZoo.

I prefer Flying Fish to Kouzinna, but I respect Kat Kora enough to eat at Kouzinna.

Breakfast around B'walk:
1.) Cape May is my favorite character breakfast.
2.) Fresh inside Dolphin is my favorite breakfast (I like carrot juice)
3.) Kouzinna's sweet potato hash with poached eggs is my favorite breakfast item at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter