• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner at IOA or back "home" at Disney?

QueenElinor

It's not my fault they're all redheads.
Quick question for those who've been to IOA & are staying at WDW-
Do you eat dinner over there or come back home? IOA is scheduled to close at 6 pm that evening & the family is driving (I'm not going). I'm thinking of making a ressie, but won't if they're going to want to eat while they're over there.

As for me, I'll just eat ice cream for dinner at Beaches & Cream if they don't show up!:thumbsup2

Thanks in advance for any advice!

QueenElinor said:
Quick question for those who've been to IOA & are staying at WDW-
Do you eat dinner over there or come back home? IOA is scheduled to close at 6 pm that evening & the family is driving (I'm not going). I'm thinking of making a ressie, but won't if they're going to want to eat while they're over there.

As for me, I'll just eat ice cream for dinner at Beaches & Cream if they don't show up!:thumbsup2

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hmmm! I'd def just hit Beaches & Cream either way. Lol :P

We are doing universal/ islands and seaworld in early March after my AP expires and will eat back 'home'. One of the reasons is we like a cocktail with dinner:goodvibes. But we are staying at BWV so even w/o a park tkt we can eat at some great places that are open late.

IOA/US always seems to close early, but the restaurants in City Walk will still be open. We always eat there after we leave the parks. The first time we ate at the Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant we loved it, but we tried it again last December and it was not good at all (raw burgers, yuck!) Probably one of the best meals we have ever had was at Emeril's there, LOVED it, but very pricey. There is also a Bubba Gump there, they are usually pretty good. If I were them I would rather eat at one of those at City Walk and then drive back to Disney, but it may depend on how hungry they are and what they feel like eating :confused3

Hmmm! I'd def just hit Beaches & Cream either way. Lol :P
I must confess, I've never been too worried about "good food" vs "junk food" so we'd ALL probably hit B&C for dinner! :)

We are doing universal/ islands and seaworld in early March after my AP expires and will eat back 'home'. One of the reasons is we like a cocktail with dinner:goodvibes. But we are staying at BWV so even w/o a park tkt we can eat at some great places that are open late.
Right, we'll be at YC so it seems to me that with all the great options they'd probably rather eat at WDW. Of course, they don't know what they want, it's up to me to figure it out. ;) Which is okay, because they appreciate the planning. Either that, or they're too smart to complain!

IOA/US always seems to close early, but the restaurants in City Walk will still be open. We always eat there after we leave the parks. The first time we ate at the Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant we loved it, but we tried it again last December and it was not good at all (raw burgers, yuck!) Probably one of the best meals we have ever had was at Emeril's there, LOVED it, but very pricey. There is also a Bubba Gump there, they are usually pretty good. If I were them I would rather eat at one of those at City Walk and then drive back to Disney, but it may depend on how hungry they are and what they feel like eating :confused3
Those sound wonderful, but I doubt very much they'd eat anything but CS-type dining while there, (with the possible exception of Bubba Gump- but not if there's a wait). They more or less have to be made to sit down and eat!

How are the CS offerings over there?

I like eating in the IOA park itself. :). I found the food at both The Three Broomsticks and Circus McGurkus to be quite good for counter service. The Jurassic Park restaurant was decent too, but I forget what it's called. I like "atmosphere" though, so maybe that's why I really enjoy eating in the parks. The only CityWalk restaurant I've tried was Jimmy Buffett's and it was pretty good. Long story short, (too late!) I would personally eat before heading back to WDW. :D

So if they would like to eat there:

-Circus McGurkus & Broomsticks for quick service inside the park-

-Bubba Gump & Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburgers in Paradise for TS at the City Walk (as long as it's not a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville- I went to one in Cancun and let's just say most people should not drive after JUST ONE of those concoctions!)

-Any quick service places at City Walk? Or would they just be better coming back to WDW after they've left the park if they don't want a TS meal.

Also, does the Jurassic Park Restaurant (or any place in the park) take ressies?

Thank you all very much.

I was going to say the same thing. I went to Margaritaville in June and the burgers were very good...and drink even better. Lots of restaurants at city walk....
If your not going make a special ressie for yourself... ITS YOUR PICK !!

Tchoup Choup is at Royal Pacific Resort. The quiet boat ride over to this tropical resort is very relaxing after a day at the park. Tchoup Choup is every bit as good as any signature WDW restaurant, and not as expensive. If I were already at CW, I would definately eat there...many excellent choices and not quite as expensive as WDW.

Thanks for the ideas!

I'll give them the list of places you all have mentioned for them to consider all by themselves. Meanwhile, I'll be putting my little tootsies up poolside with a Fudge Mud Slide!:goodvibes

We never go to Universal/IOA without stopping at Margaritaville. They will take reservations up to 30 days in advance!:goodvibes

FYI the Jimmy Buffett restaurant at City Walk is Margaritaville not Cheeseburger in Paradise. It is also our favorite restaurant at City Walk. My 12 yr old, who has been going since he was 5, loves watching the Volcano blow.

Thanks for the ideas!

I'll give them the list of places you all have mentioned for them to consider all by themselves. Meanwhile, I'll be putting my little tootsies up poolside with a Fudge Mud Slide!:goodvibes

This may be the best decision you could make 'for them':cloud9: Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter