Dinner at CRT...waste of 2 TS!

DisneyBride'03

<marquee><font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang</mar
Decided to do dinner at CRT, so my mom and daughter could enjoy the experience.
However , on 3/4, the Fairy Godmother never showed up, and management wasn't giving any info. I think alot of people just didnt realize. Suzy and Perla came out....that's it. Food was so so, not good enough to give up 2 TS points.
My DD10 did like getting her photo taken w/Cinderella and the photos are nice with the folder. Gone are the lithographs, and in place of them are cheap plastic wands!
So, the manager coughed up 4 champagne flutes for us after I discussed my disappointment when she said "There is only 1 FM, and she was somewhere else" ummm....not a good enough reason.

Service was ok, I never got coffee....I hope others have had a good experience here, I just didn't. We wasted time also "waiting" for the FM, before they actually told me.
I did send off a letter to Guest Communications...hate to complain...but they market the dinner with "FG Hosts the Dinner...celebrates b days and anniv...." which we were doing.
Maybe its better at breakfast...I also thought the CM's ushering you in at check in could have been a bit friendlier. At least my daughter had fun, ate in the castle and we wont have to do this next time!!! :)

I could have written your post word for word - we did have a FG, but she had cheesy canned script and music she just lip-synced to, so you didn't miss much. We got the champagne flutes because it was our anniversary, but we agree it was simply not worth it. Not only was it so loud and chaotic (that's my fault for thinking somehow it would be a different experience) but I was very disappointed in the food, too (AND our waiter forgot my coffee! we must have had the same one). I read about bad food before we went, but I kept thinking "how can they screw up prime rib?"...well, they did.

It's the only meal we wished we hadn't done (we paid oop)...but I have to say I loved watching our Cinderella interact with the kids while we were waiting - she was just a lovely, gracious, kind jewel of a young lady.

HA! I had prime rib too! Yes...we probably had the same waiter...did he seem like he was going to cry when you told him abt the coffee?! Poor thing....My mom liked her salmon.....well, we live and learn. We will have lovely photos with our children forever...so that's the good thing:)

Wow - we had the exact opposite experince when we were there in October. Performance went off without a hitch and DH thought it was one of the better meals of the trip. Sorry everyone is having such bad experiences!

Ty

We ate here last year Oct 1st, for our First wedding anniversary. We got champagne flutes. Dinner was so/so the raspberry dessert was delicious! Entertainment was so cute. I think it was worth it.

Decided to do dinner at CRT, so my mom and daughter could enjoy the experience.
However , on 3/4, the Fairy Godmother never showed up, and management wasn't giving any info. I think alot of people just didnt realize. Suzy and Perla came out....that's it. Food was so so, not good enough to give up 2 TS points.
My DD10 did like getting her photo taken w/Cinderella and the photos are nice with the folder. Gone are the lithographs, and in place of them are cheap plastic wands!
So, the manager coughed up 4 champagne flutes for us after I discussed my disappointment when she said "There is only 1 FM, and she was somewhere else" ummm....not a good enough reason.

Service was ok, I never got coffee....I hope others have had a good experience here, I just didn't. We wasted time also "waiting" for the FM, before they actually told me.
I did send off a letter to Guest Communications...hate to complain...but they market the dinner with "FG Hosts the Dinner...celebrates b days and anniv...." which we were doing.
Maybe its better at breakfast...I also thought the CM's ushering you in at check in could have been a bit friendlier. At least my daughter had fun, ate in the castle and we wont have to do this next time!!! :)

DITTO DITTO DITTO. We had breakfast there and were very disappointed w/ the entire operation.

Thanks for that post because I was thinking of booking it and won't bother now.
Think I will stick to the boma

We did breakfast in 2003 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We did lunch Jan 2006 right before it switched to 2 TS credits and was very disappointed with the food. The princess interaction was good though.

I don't think I will go back again now that it is 2 TS credits. I don't think it is worth it. I enjoyed 1900 PF last time and we are trying Princess Storybook Lunch this time.

Well yea I have good and bad things about CRT. but we think we are going to go there, in April. just for the kids, I don't want to be dissapointed tho, we went last year, not to CRT, but to CM, and 1900 Park fare. I just don't know, the kids want to go, but we are still thinking.. was it that bad? im would want to see the Fairy godmother tho..? they would enjoy that. and cinderella. but i don't feel like wasting my money.. so any comments? sould i risk it?

Have to agree - although we paid OOP on this meal i would not have thought it worth while for 2 credits!

Im very glad i did it and if you've never been or if you ahve kids then yes i would risk it. Kids will ove it anyway! And it is special to eat in the castle! Its just a shame the food isnt special!

I am sorry about your bad experience at Dinner. It really makes me miss the "good ol' days" when it was "King Stefan's Banquet Hall" Back in 95 when I last had dinner there, it was the best prime rib I have ever tasted and the staff was wonderful for my first anniversary. Again sorry you had such a bad experience

We are having lunch there in June. I heard so many bad things that I had decided not to book, but my DD4 kept looking at pictures of the castle and I figured oh well.. So we booked. I am figuring it will be the most over priced lunch on the planet, but watching her hug Cindy will be worth every penny.

pirate: pirate: princess:

I tried to be as forthcoming as possible abt the review...I forgot to add that this was the one place that had Root Beer!! (That we found)...not at POp or Ohanas...my DD10 was thrilled. She had no complaints, nor did my mom.
I am just glad I did CRT on this trip, and not the family trip next year...DH probably wouldn't have liked it, knowing we could have eaten at the Flying Fish or California Grill.
If you feel that you must eat in the Castle and See Cinderella with your kids, at least ONCE...try giving up 1 TS and go to **Akershus Royal Banquet Hall** at Epcot.

Its a replica of a rustic Norwegian castle...with Disney Princesses All day long!! There is B, L and D!!
May be a nice alternative...and only 1 TS!

I tried to be as forthcoming as possible abt the review...I forgot to add that this was the one place that had Root Beer!! (That we found)...not at POp or Ohanas...my DD10 was thrilled. She had no complaints, nor did my mom.
I am just glad I did CRT on this trip, and not the family trip next year...DH probably wouldn't have liked it, knowing we could have eaten at the Flying Fish or California Grill.
If you feel that you must eat in the Castle and See Cinderella with your kids, at least ONCE...try giving up 1 TS and go to **Akershus Royal Banquet Hall** at Epcot.

Its a replica of a rustic Norwegian castle...with Disney Princesses All day long!! There is B, L and D!!
May be a nice alternative...and only 1 TS!

These reviews are killing me! The main thing I have told my DD 4, is that WE ARE EATING DINNER AT CINDERELLA'S CASTLE. We KNOW the food isn't going to be great, and we KNOW there might not be many characters (even though it is a character dining), but still isn't it worth it, just to eat in the castle? We will be there 6 nights, but the first night, we arrive late, so we don't mind using 2TS credits. I can't change, we have to eat their, she believes we are going to Cinderella's house and eating with her.

These reviews are killing me! The main thing I have told my DD 4, is that WE ARE EATING DINNER AT CINDERELLA'S CASTLE. We KNOW the food isn't going to be great, and we KNOW there might not be many characters (even though it is a character dining), but still isn't it worth it, just to eat in the castle? We will be there 6 nights, but the first night, we arrive late, so we don't mind using 2TS credits. I can't change, we have to eat their, she believes we are going to Cinderella's house and eating with her.
Some things just cannot substitute Cinderella's castle. I will be taking my daughter there for lunch and using 2 TS of my own (she will be free) and I don't mind doing so. I did appreciate that the CM informed me that the dinner did not have the princesses coming to the tables for meet-and-greet so we decided on lunch instead. We are not breakfast people and did not want to do that. The PSB in Norway lunches and dinners do not appeal to me at all as far as food goes - YUCK. That would be a waste of 1 TS IMO. We too are arriving late the first night so using that extra TS is not a big deal for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter