Dinner at Cindy's, which Princesses?

*~ellagirlsmama~*

Mouseketeer
Well, I wasn't going to do crt this trip, as dd will only be 18 mos and I thought to wait until shes older. And then I decided my little princess shouldnt miss out :lovestruc :blush: princess:
So we have adrs for dinner on our MNSSHP day :banana:
So which princesses are usually there for dinner? I did not get her costume yet for the party so I figured I may as well get one she can wear to crt as well. I was thinking maybe Snow White, does she attend? Thanks everyone, I went to crt once, but it wasnt all princess at the time :goodvibes

Also, just out of curiosity, why is crt breakfast more popular than dinner?
I mean, it seems like dinner is a better value :confused3

Unless they have changed this, there are no Princesses at dinner. I was there on MNSSH for dinner and I was the only Princess there. I hear sometimes the Fairy Godmother hangs in the lobby for pictures.

This is lifted from Deb's site: "-- Dinner is a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner. Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9."

I also hear the fixed price, set meal has sent this dining experience downhill. I loved my dinner when I was there but don't think I would like a fixed menu here.

The only character you actually can interact with is Cinderella. She will greet you downstairs for the photos for the photo package.

Upstairs will have Fairy Godmother and Suzy and Perla periodically doing a show (as described above) with no interaction, photos or autographs.

Only breakfast & lunch are actual character meals with a few princesses.

I think breakfast will always traditionally be the favorite meal as its the cheapest, you can get your meal over with before riding the rides nice and early, and it has the princesses. I personally prefer eating breakfast to lunch too.

I would honestly say 1900 park fare would be a much better place to eat. The food isnt that great at CRT quite a fancy place that there is no way an 18 month old could appreciate (although maybe mommy will love it). 1900 park fare is at the Grand Floridian, one stop back to magic kingdom on the monorail(but the last stop from MK to GF). It has Cinderella and prince charming and the mice, with Fairy Godmother in the lobby. So same people as at Cindy's +prince charming. It is cheaper and many more food choices and the toddler can get her own plate full of whatever she wants rather than sharing mommy's single serving meal or OOP for her a kids meal. My kids both liked the meal and atmosphere much better here...but for my princess on her 7th birthday nothing beat eating in th castle and as much as a waste the money (ddp credits) were for what we got, it was all worth it for her joy...that one time.

Thanks everyone :wave:
I cancelled CRT and got Norway instead, 1900 Park Fair was only available after 8 pm. I'm so excited for dd to meet the Princesses! I figure she *might* be scared of the fully costumed charactors, but the princesses are ladys in pretty dresses - she'll love it (as will I) and we can get some great pics.
Thanks again :disrocks:

PrincessAurora said:
Norway is great! I was there for lunch. Not only does the food ROCK but the characters are plentiful and nice. Hey, its a castle too. Here is my review of it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1028850&highlight=norway
Post #8

Thanks Princess Aurora princess:
LOVED your reviews! I'm very pleased with my choice. The food sounds excellent and I remember CRT as being so-so.

I can't wait to post my own reviews!

We very much enjoyed our meal at Princess Story Book. The food was okay, the atmosphere and the interaction were great....loved seeing all the princesses. I didnt mention it because (1)we ate breakfast there as the lunch/dinner menu's didnt interest us and I thought you were looking for a dinner. (2) I thought you were looking for something you could do when you were going to msshp. Since you were able to work it out - I'd say this will be a very good choice for you too. I hope you have a great time.

beth_cam said:
We very much enjoyed our meal at Princess Story Book. The food was okay, the atmosphere and the interaction were great....loved seeing all the princesses. I didnt mention it because (1)we ate breakfast there as the lunch/dinner menu's didnt interest us and I thought you were looking for a dinner. (2) I thought you were looking for something you could do when you were going to msshp. Since you were able to work it out - I'd say this will be a very good choice for you too. I hope you have a great time.

Thanks, I can't wait! I would have prefered 1900 PF, but they only had late ressies left. I have a 4:45 at Norway. While I would never normally eat so early it actually works out well since we were leaving that afternoon open so it wont be a problem to shoot over to epcot for dinner and then head out to MNSSHP.
Thanks again for the great advice :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter