Dinner At Cinderella's Gala Feast

earthelves

DIS Veteran
Any Review's On This?? Thinking Of Doing It For My Birthday:) If I Book Should I Tell Them It's My Birthday:confused3 :confused3

TIA:)

We have not done this yet, but there have been some fairly recent reviews, including one on DisUnplugged.

Most of the reviews are leaning toward the negative side.

We have it scheduled for September, but are seriously reconsidering it. It is a hard choice because of the eating in the "Castle" factor for the atmosphere. I definately don't think it is worth the value, especially if you're on the the dining plan.

The atmosphere and experience alone are enough for most people to pay the price. We are still undecided.

We are getting married in Disney on November 10. There is a MVMCP on November 11 that we are attending along with members of our bridal party. We are attending MVMCP and having dinner in the castle. It will be the day after our wedding, it is also one of my DBM's boyfriends birthday and the next day is one of my DBM birthday. Lots of celebrating going on. I am looking for some positive eating feedback.

Thanks,
Linda

While the food was not outstanding on our November trip the food was fine. The atmosphere is lovely and although I personally preferred the breakfast the rest of my family (DH, DS 10 and DD6) preferred the dinner. We have just made bookings today for a return visit in February.

The celebration of celebrations (know what I mean?) is wonderful and very magical. When we were there we saw numerous birthday celebrations and a honeymoon couple all being treated very well indeed!! Our DS will turn 11 in February and I have mentioned this at booking as even though this is a 'girl's meal' he thought the celebrations here were the best we saw during our three week stay.

I have to add that we ordered Slipper desserts and they did taste good but looked out of this world.

Have a fantastic time.

Cinderella's Gala Feast is at the Grand Floridian, I believe. We have eaten here and feel it is one of the better buffets. The strawberry soup is excellent. If you are talking about the castle, that is another story. We have not tried that yet but would like to just for the atmosphere. I have to save my pennies for this one.

oops sorry I wrote out this whole review and realized it was the one at the GF and not CRT!

Whatever you decide - wherever you have an ADR - yes, tell them it is a celebration! They may or may not do anything, but let them know! They may surprise you. :thumbsup2

You might want to go listen to the recent review of CRT on the podcast. It was done just a few weeks ago. Sounds like it is overpriced for the terrible food they serve. You prepay plus gratuity.
I would suggest another restaurant.

You might want to go listen to the recent review of CRT on the podcast. It was done just a few weeks ago. Sounds like it is overpriced for the terrible food they serve. You prepay plus gratuity.
I would suggest another restaurant.

Where Do I Find This:confused3 :confused3

TIA

we did cinderella castle for lunch back in 2006 for my bridal party lunch, it was alot of fun & worth the cost, i used me dde card for a discount on our group of 7. the food was awesome i had the salmon, i remember seeing it was a buffet but you select your entree & it was all very nice. all the characters gave us special attention, i got a princess certificate & glass goblets for our wedding.

How about I give you a short review on 1900 PARK FARE, which is where I believe the OP has reserved???

Dinner is so much fun. The food is very good, and the characters are a blast. The stepsisters are a hoot, and Lady Tremaine is very severe. Cinderella is lovely as usual and Prince Charming is, well, charming! I've been twice, and have ADRs there 2 more times in the next couple of months, if that tells you how much my family loves it.

We've celebrated a birthday there but at breakfast, I had cakes preordered for my twins and Alice and Mad Hatter (there at breakfast only) sang to them. The staff of 1900 Park Fare made their birthday quite memorable!

Hope this helps!

we were at Cinderella's Gala Feast at GF back in May for our Anniversary. It was a wonderful meal! We loved the food, lots of different variety and it actually tasted good too!! The service was wonderful and the characters were awesome!! DD was so impressed to see Prince Charming! Dinner with a Prince was a HUGE plus for this ADR! Disney really should add more gentlemen to their Character Dining Schedule. I pre-ordered a special Anniversary Cake from Grand Floridian Bakery, not the generalized frozen cake, this cake was designed and created just for us. It was wonderful and Cinderella and Prince Charming came over and celebrated with us.

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02199_edited-1.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

1) Have your anniversary-birthday-honeymoon-etc noted on the ressie or on ADR's.
2) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you.
3) It simply is a matter of the CM's initiative and how busy they are that day.
4) It also depends upon how much they like you as a guest.
5) Expect nothing and be pleased with any CM activities.
6) Some of the things a CM can do are
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . free wine or champagne
. . . free appetizers
. . . free cake
. . . free wine or fruit basket sent to room
. . . free flowers sent to room
. . . free room upgrades

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter