Dinner at 4 Seasons and getting work done on holiday questons.

NorthernOnt

Earning My Ears
I have not been to DS in a few years but am returning this fall for two weeks, yeah. I am also staying at the Fort for the first time since I was ... a lot younger. I am coming with my two children aged 10 and 12.

During our stay I want to do for dinner at the Four Seasons one night but since staying at the Fort I was wondering if it was possible to walk either to 4 Seasons or walk back to the Fort after dinner. Has anyone tried this?

Next question is with work. I am going to have to spend a LOT of time this trip on my laptop working on projects and let the kids "run free" in the parks. Is there somewhere quiet (that is quiet for Disney) in each park that I could park myself at for the day and get my work done (5 hours per day) while the kids go off and have their fun. They are old enough to be at the parks by themselves but I want to be "close by", and not back at the Fort if they need me. I don't need wifi.

Thanks,

There's no connection currently or planned between the Fort and the 4 Seasons. No footpath, no cart way.

Each park has its quiet nooks and crannies. My stumbling block is that I'm assuming since you will have a laptop that you need a table to sit at. That basically puts you in the restaurant spaces which are not what I would call quiet. The parks have out-of-the-way benches that are shaded and off the main pedestrian lanes (the section between Adventureland and Liberty Square off the Circle comes to mind) but benches don't have a table for a laptop.

There are tables and chairs on the upstairs level of the Main Street Train Station facing the flagpole that are non-restaurant seating. But that area's not exactly quiet with train whistles and parades a few times a day.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the info on the 4 Seasons, I wish Disney would make it easier to travel between resorts, taxi it is then.

Are there any restaurants in MK with second level seating, that might be a bit quieter. In Epcot I was thinking of Sunshine Seasons and just find a corner to park myself in for a few hours and try drown out the noise. Not sure about AK or HS.

Are there any restaurants in MK with second level seating, that might be a bit quieter. In Epcot I was thinking of Sunshine Seasons and just find a corner to park myself in for a few hours and try drown out the noise. Not sure about AK or HS.

MK: Columbia Harbour House and Pinochhio's Village Haus both have a 2nd floor.

Just remember that many eateries may not open until 10:30 or 11 am. Also, many them are very loud and busy during lunch times, even the ones mentioned. At AK and DHS, there are many places with outside tables that you could get to early, but will be loud and busy during meal times.

Get some noise cancelling head phones.

Not an option as I have to be able to hear the phone if the kids call. Good idea otherwise.

Columbia Harbour House looks good, should be able to get a couple of hours in there. A friend just suggested Sleepy Hollow patio. Anyone know if it is quiet?

You haven't been to the world in a while but WDW has gotten tougher about kids coming into the parks without an adult...they now have to be 14 to enter without an adult. I guess with MB, they are able to tell what age. Just an FYI. As far as quiet areas...Epcot has that whole indoor thing that used to be Innoventions or whatever (empty now and always people in there napping)...MK has Columbia Harbor House that I just went to and it was pretty calm and quiet in there if you go back in a nook or upsatirs...HS maybe the patio bar at Hollywood Brown Derby or in the store where folks come off of Rockin Roller Coaster (I go in there to sit on a bench while my fam rides).

since your kids are under 14 they can not walk around the parks alone. you will have to be with them at all times

I have not been to DS in a few years but am returning this fall for two weeks, yeah. I am also staying at the Fort for the first time since I was ... a lot younger. I am coming with my two children aged 10 and 12.

During our stay I want to do for dinner at the Four Seasons one night but since staying at the Fort I was wondering if it was possible to walk either to 4 Seasons or walk back to the Fort after dinner. Has anyone tried this?

Next question is with work. I am going to have to spend a LOT of time this trip on my laptop working on projects and let the kids "run free" in the parks. Is there somewhere quiet (that is quiet for Disney) in each park that I could park myself at for the day and get my work done (5 hours per day) while the kids go off and have their fun. They are old enough to be at the parks by themselves but I want to be "close by", and not back at the Fort if they need me. I don't need wifi.

Thanks,
they have to be 14 to be in the parks alone so no you will to be with them at all time s

About being at least 14 to be in the parks alone-we were at Disney this summer and there were two separate times that I heard cast members ask children how old they were. Once, we were in line for Dumbo and a younger child was with an older brother (and not a younger looking older brother). Before letting them board, the cast member said that in order to go on the ride, the younger child needed to be at least a certain age (7?) or be with an older sibling of a certain age (she did not tell the age to the older boy-she wanted to hear his response). He said he was 15, and she let them on.

Not an option as I have to be able to hear the phone if the kids call. Good idea otherwise. ...
Does your phone have a vibrate mode? Then you would be able to "feel" the phone ring! It might be easier to work with noise cancelling headphones then find a "quiet" place in Disney.

Thanks everyone for your help. If they are not able to walk the parks by themselves I will have to think more about the holiday, either look and see if Disney has a program such as babysitting inside the parks or offering one of our sitters here a free vacation for two weeks at Disney but that would get expensive as they would need their own room, food, flight, park tickets, etc.

I wish Disney would make it easier to travel between resorts

1) This would entail building sidewalks.
2) A major expense, with zero return-on-investment.
3) People would rather take the bus rather than walk the distance to a park.
4) Plus, crossing such busy tourist streets would be an accident (and lawsuit) waiting to happen.

Years ago, we reached out to our hotel for babysitting suggestions as DH had a business dinner to which I was also expected to attend. They had a list of approved sitter services and the sitter came to our room while we went out. The kids still remember how nice the woman (40ish) was. I suggest that you check with Disney reservations for help in arranging an onsite babysitter. Disney also has the college program that might be somewhere to check for a student who had free time to help your situation. We also used a daycare for our infant on one trip (they were part of a national chain that we used back home). They might have someone to suggest as a freelancer. Disney does a lot of business conventions and the attendees bring their spouses and kids. Your situation is not unique but may require a bit of investigating to get the right match. Since you plan to be in the park, you can oversee how things are going. Any of these options will have a premium price, but still less expensive than bringing someone from home. There is also the option of booking a park tour for the kids. We did this as a family at another theme park and we all loved it - great memories of nice lunch, no waiting in lines, a few souvenirs. I was pregnant and unable to go on rides and my husband hated the spinning rides, so the tour guide took our kids got on all the rides on the tour and multiple times.

It's hard these days to work and still have quality time for family. You are trying to make this happen and I think you should pat yourself on the back! Good luck and have fun!

They had a list of approved sitter services and the sitter came to our room while we went out.

1) We have three services that are recommended, and your Concierge has the list.
2) All are really good with kiddies.
. . . I once thought I could be a sitter something like this.
. . . But, WDW balked when I wouldn't let kids leave a trail of breadcrumbs. :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your ideas and suggestions but I have decided to cancel the trip this year. Arranging a sitter was too costly for this length of a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter