• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining

BippityBoppity

Mouseketeer
Does DCL offer dining for two or do you have to be seated with others? I know if you request seating for two on other cruise lines they will accommodate you. I couldn't find an answer in my search.

My understanding is that you can request it but it's not guaranteed. And I am guessing it's really not guaranteed because I saw a post recently where someone had asked for a private table and didn't get one.

I think if you book concierge, you get your own table anyway.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

request as early as you can (meaning as early before the cruise date) to get your best chance.... if you don't like who you end up being seated with (should you HAVE to) ask and you'll be moved someplace else. We ended up sitting alone at a table of 6... guess no one liked us! (actually they never showed up from day 1).;)

There are no two-top tables in the MDRs so that is not something that is planned for. It will be more likely that you get your request in late dining.

You need to make your request at least 2 weeks before you cruise. Then, once you are on board, go to "dining changes" to ask whether you got your request and if not, whether they can move you at that time. We have often been seated as "just the 2 of us."

If you don't make a request, you WILL be with others unless you are concierge guests.

Thank you.
We're not snobs but we really enjoy our time alone when we get to vacation and since we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary, we would truly like to make this a memorable romantic trip.

It is definitely just a request. We are a party of 3 and I had requested a table to ourselves on our Magic cruise last week. We didn't get it and were seated at a 6 top with 3 others.

Knock on wood, but we've never been denied. Of course, we request a 4 top. we request when we make our reservation. Good luck.

Have requested a table for 2 the last 3 cruises, and have always been accomodated.

Do the people they seat you with rotate to the same restaurants when you do? We usually like our tables for 2 but sitting with others is fun too, but not every night for a week.

Princess Bree said:
Do the people they seat you with rotate to the same restaurants when you do? We usually like our tables for 2 but sitting with others is fun too, but not every night for a week.

Yes they will rotate with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter