Dining ?

Dsnymouse

DIS Veteran
Tell me about dining on the ship. The cruise we are looking at only has late seating. This is too late for us to eat dinner, what are our options? I would love to eat at Animator, anyway to eat earlier? Does Disney have a buffet open all the time so you don't have to do sit down dinners? Also, does anyone know what night they do the pirate dinner on a 3 day cruise. Any help would be great. We have cruised before but not on Disney.

Thanks. :confused3

We did the late seating on our first cruise and are doing it again in March. If you feel as though you can't last until that time there are plenty of food/snack options on deck 9 as well as room service. We got a something to tide us over until dinner and still enjoyed the meal. We just felt the late seating gave us more time to fit in the day's activities and not be rushed to get to dinner. We did the 4 night cruise and unless my memory is totally gone, the pirate dinner was the 3rd night.

Here is a link to the recent 3 day navigators to show you what the schedule is like. Beach Blanket is only open for dinner on the second night on the 3 day. This is not a buffet, but a sit down in a more casual setting 6:30 - 8:30. The other nights there is pizza at Pinnoc's, Goofy's Galley has wraps and paninis and Plutos has burgers and chicken fingers. You can ask to be put on the waitlist for early. Early dining usually fills up pretty quickly after the dates are announced. There is a pirate night but they do not serve the special pirate menu on the 3 day. http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigators/6-05-08-dw/index.htm#9

Don't give up because they show only late seating. First, ask to be waitlisted for early (main). As your cruise approaches, call DCL at least weekly and repeat your request. If you still don't have it when you board, go to "dining changes" which will be noted on your navigator, and again repeat your request. There is quite a good chance that you will get Main seating. Your chances are obviously greater the smaller your party is--it's easier to move 4 people than 18.

Your other options are to eat at Topsider's on deck 8 (Beach Blanket on the Wonder)...or perhaps better, to get a light snack on deck 9 in the mid-late afternoon and then enjoy the late seating at dinner. Room service can also provide a light something. There is a cheese/fruit plate available from room service that can be really nice, wrap sandwiches and fruit at Goofy's Galley (along with ice cream and cookies), chicken fingers at Pluto's, etc.

Thanks for your responses. Good to know there is a buffet.
Now it's only talking DH into it! :rotfl:

We've been on 2 cruises, and getting ready for a 3rd, and always done late seating. Having had this seating twice now, I would choose it every time. We feel so much less rushed to get ready. We usually had a late afternoon snack to tide us over.

Can anyone tell me, on this subject, where we can make a request to be seated by ourselves for this next cruise? My husband is returning from a long deployment and we would like to just to dine together, as a family. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Remember that even though it is 8pm on the boat, you are still atleast an hour behind with TX time. I believe that you stated that you are on a 3-day and I don't believe that in that short of a time you "body clock" will get messed up. Also, this is vacation and most of the time you do not know what time it is, just when you're supposed to be there!!

Have fun and enjoy more time in the sun and at the pool before dinner! The biggest drawback that I saw had to do with the shows. To me, it is easier to go to dinner first, then a show as opposed to the other way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter