Dining with the sharks? Dessert only?

FLAgirl73

Mouseketeer
If you dine at Shark's Underwater Grill can you order appetizers or dessert only or is it mandated that you purchase a full meal?

I've eaten there several times and only ate at the table once and the rest of the times, I've sat at the bar. There's an area where you can go down and stand in front of the window and you're not blocking anyone at a table. There are also tables in the bar area if you would feel more comfortable eating there so you're not taking a prime table and not eating an entire meal.

I don't think they can "make" you order a meal if all you want is appetizers or dessert.

I also had a question about this place. I read on a website that you can go in the bar and just grab a drink without a reservation. Is this accurate? I saw pictures of it, would love to visit but don't want to have a meal. :)

No reservations are needed at the bar -- the bar has a tropical fish aquarium built in to the bar top.

I just visited the shark grill restaurant yesterday and sat at the bar in the early evening -- no reservations. We just walked right in and sat down at the bar. I just wanted a cup of coffee and perhaps a snack.

DS and I actually like the aquarium fish and coral at the bar as much as we like the sharks.

After we finished, we took pictures of the sharks (the room on the right was open and not very busy so that was nice too.) So we got to relax in the air conditioning while we waited for the lines to go down and take a few pictures.

026.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

Thank you, CarolineB, for sharing your experience and pics! I look forward to stopping in here for a drink or snack at the bar in our trip in October! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter