• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining with someone NOT on the DP

RedStars

DIS Veteran
My mom is coming to visit while we're in Disney and will be joining us for a couple of meals.

We have the DP but she doesn't: will they let us use our credits for our meals and pay OOP for hers? Or will they make us all pay OOP?

How does it work?

You may not use DDP credits for someone not part of the Dining Plan. Your Mom's meals would need to be paid OOP, but you may use your DDP for your own meals if you wish.

seperate checks makes it easy!!! you just ask for both checks. tell the server whos on DDP and whos not. ive even ask to server to act like we were all on the ddp as not to embarasss my grandmother once. nice tip is deserved...

Make your reservation for number of people attending the meal dont show up with more than booked. less usually isnt an issue.....

My mom is coming to visit while we're in Disney and will be joining us for a couple of meals.

We have the DP but she doesn't: will they let us use our credits for our meals and pay OOP for hers? Or will they make us all pay OOP?

How does it work?

Yes. Agree with PP's. Just ask for separate checks. You will pay for yours with your credits, your mom will pay OOP.

We've done this when dining with friends who were not on the DDP. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter