Dining with An Imagineer - worth it for these geeks! :)

. . . . . and he even mentioned a few hidden Mickey's, and talked about the one that surprised him (Its in Arial's ride queue) . . . . .
Was this the one that's only visible one day a year on Mickey's birthday?

Add me as another who enjoyed this lunch as a solo. I had a built in audience to talk with.

Thank you for the Review! I have a lunch booked in Sept...SO EXCITED!

Btw...did you get a "name tag" and a souvenir plate? Other reviews are very vague about what you get.

Yes, we got a red name tag - (you used to be able to purchase these on mainstreet years ago!) and our Imagineer told us to be careful wearing the name tag people will ask you questions (or to trade pins, even if you don't have pins!)

You get a souvenir menu you order from
Someone comes in and takes a picture from the back of the table so the Imagineer is at the head of the table - then they give each of you a 'menu' with a copy of that picture

Our Imagineer signed our plates while we were there - One couple was on their Honeymoon, One just got engaged, he personalized those plates. DD, DH and I each got a signed plate - he signed one of our plates upside down. (IF he had signed each upside down, I would've said something, but with 2 right, I thought it was funny, and shows he signed them while talking to us)

Was this the one that's only visible one day a year on Mickey's birthday?

Add me as another who enjoyed this lunch as a solo. I had a built in audience to talk with.

Yes, he said he didn't believe it, but was surprised that so many people were in there, he felt it was the Internet for you

When we ate at BOG we mentioned that, and our server said that an Imagineer told all of them and they went to check it out...

Mostly the Hidden Mickey's are mentioned somewhere on the Internet - but he talked about the story that they like to tell, and how they like things to "fit" the story. For instance, moving Dumbo, the story is the circus, so they know monkeys are part of it, and when you walk around you can see peanuts embedded in the walkway - but, if a monkey is riding on the elephant, and spots a banana, he's going to jump off (footprints) and eat that banana and throw the peel away (embedded) then get back on the elephant. We could not find the hidden banana peel, we asked a couple of CM's and they didn't know what we were talking about.

Also around the 7 Mine Train there are tracks, and horse shoes, you may spot a hidden Mickey.

Would this be awkward for someone to go solo? I'd love to send my husband (I'd stay back with the 2 year old), but he's kind of shy.

oh I don't think it would be awkward at all to go solo, the group is a bonding experience, and it is a quiet lunch, our Imagineer made sure everyone had an opportunity to talk (introduce themselves, or he'd check on the quiet ones to make sure they were enjoying themselves as well)

Yes, he said he didn't believe it, but was surprised that so many people were in there, he felt it was the Internet for you.
Steve Barrett is the definitive hidden mickey guy, and he has a photo of it on his site. He even described it as lasting for 5-7 minutes, so it *is* real.

(What no one is saying, because it would spoil the fun just a bit, is that this Mickey should actually appear twice a year, the second time being some time around January 23 or 24.)

I've been trying to book this for the last two trips and haven't been quick enough. However I check regularly just in case someone cancels.

Sounds great. Thanks for the review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter