• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dining website down?

I just posted this on the other thread too. I do not understand how the WDW site has such problems (well, actually I work in IT so I have some idea, but can't understand how it continues to go on). For all the years I have been logging in and having trouble they could have re-written most of their code. I wonder if they have any idea of the lost revenue, or if they believe people will keep coming back and trying because it's a one of a kind place for the most part.

I'm sure this post is going to offend some, but here goes.

The.Walt.Disney.Website.STINKS!!!!

I would love to know their downtime stats especially versus other sites.
I spend a great deal of time online between my job and shopping, etc. and the WDW site is the most unreliable of any major sites.

It is not particularly user friendly (although there has been improvement), and notoriously slow. Even when you call, the time spent on the call is greatly extended by their system.

So here I am two days out; can't retrieve my reservations, can't book the Le Cellier I just saw for the 21st (by the time I called it was gone), and can't add a celebration. This has been going on since last night. How is this ok, WDW PTB?

Yes I am frustrated.

Thanks everyone for responding...I have been frequenting the reservation website so much I thought I broke it LOL.

I tried changing from firefox browser to the old internet explorer, and internet explorer worked. Went back to firefox this evening and get the bad server error message again.

I think I am done tweeking our plans, but that was getting on my nerves!

I emailed yesterday and this is the response I got back today

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World®!

Our online dining reservation system is currently undergoing an
enhancement. As of right now, we are not sure when this will be resolved
but are hopeful to have it fixed very soon. In the mean time, you may
call our dining reservation department at 407-WDW-DINE to make your
reservations. They can be reached from 7am-10pm daily.

We apologize for any inconvenience

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

WDW Online Communications

My problem is the high cost of phoning from Canada.
Hugs Mel

I can't get on this morning with IE or Firefox!!! It's really frustrating as today I am 180 days out. I have NEVER had this problem before!!!! :mad:

bababear_50 said:
I emailed yesterday and this is the response I got back today

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World®!

Our online dining reservation system is currently undergoing an
enhancement. As of right now, we are not sure when this will be resolved
but are hopeful to have it fixed very soon. In the mean time, you may
call our dining reservation department at 407-WDW-DINE to make your
reservations. They can be reached from 7am-10pm daily.

We apologize for any inconvenience

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

WDW Online Communications

My problem is the high cost of phoning from Canada.
Hugs Mel

I wonder if "enhancement" really means "It's broke and we are trying to figure out how to fix it"

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I wonder if "enhancement" really means "It's broke and we are trying to figure out how to fix it"
Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I believe that is exactly what they mean ... I just spoke with the tech department and was told that they know there is a problem but they don't know what it is and they don't know when it will be fixed :scared: ... I told them that Disney is not making my vacation planning very "Magical" ;) and really hope they can resolve the issue soon :badpc: ... :)

hi everyone - i'm new here. :)

i am glad i found this thread - i'm just glad it is not something wrong with my account! lol!

i'm sure it will be up and running again. but i hope it's sooner than later.

Online dining reservations are STILL NOT WORKING. I called this morning and was able to get everything I wanted except for one early CP breakfast. I just logged on a little bit ago to check availability and I can't even get to the dining reservation page.

I tried accessing the dining today. STILL NOT WORKING.....ON FIREFOX?...

yes, I switched to internet explorer...(ick!) and its working on that web browser.

I was able to make a reservation. So perhaps if you switch your web browser, it'll work? :confused3

I've been trying on Firefox, IE, and Safari since Friday! The page won't load, but not surprised, just aggravated! The link to check in online isn't working either! Sends me to the book a vacation page.

They really need to fix their problems soon. Its 2012. Disney's a big company. The fact that they aren't up to date with the greatest stuff out there...is kind of pathetic.

So I was finally able to get on just now using IE and I tried to book an 08:05 am breakfast for CP and it is telling me my party may be seated at more than one table.
What is that all about?

:confused:

hi everyone - just tested it and it finally worked for me! on both IE and firefox.

was able to cancel one reservation and make a new one.

hope it stays working long enough for everyone else here - good luck!

Our window just opened this morning. I am trying to book for our 10 day window in March. It is saying that I can't book because I am not a resort guest and to enter my conformation number.

I entered by number, but it refuses to link in our dinning plan. I am logged in under my name and it has found my trip resie...I just dont know what is going on.

Our window just opened this morning. I am trying to book for our 10 day window in March. It is saying that I can't book because I am not a resort guest and to enter my conformation number.

I entered by number, but it refuses to link in our dinning plan. I am logged in under my name and it has found my trip resie...I just dont know what is going on.

That system is pretty fickle. This has happened to others as well. You'll have to call at 7 AM Eastern when the phone lines open.

Sorry to hear everyone is having problems... But glad to hear it isn't just me!

I had to call on Friday morning to make a reservation I couldn't make online. I called right at 7 am when the lines opened and got right through to an operator.

Why does it keep saying that my party may be seated at more than one table? Is anyone else getting this message?

It is happening for Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine....

Why does it keep saying that my party may be seated at more than one table? Is anyone else getting this message?

It is happening for Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine....

How many people are in your party? We've got that message before for parties of 6+, and have NEVER been sat at different tables. I think it's just an automated response for certain sized parties, based on current table availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter