Dining Suggestions w/3 y/o

bjgrazi

<font color=darkblue>I remember those days fondly<
We're staying at CBR and are going with free dining. I'm looking for some suggestions for restaurants to eat at with a 3 year old. We're going to do 1 character meal and that with Winnie & friends in MK.

Is Teppan Edo a good choice also Cape May for dinner.

With kids I always did the Character meals mixed in with a few others. Like Teppen edo. They will bring his food in a monorail type dish. It's cute. Cape May for dinner never did. It's a clam bake and no characters. Bk there is good.

We went last year on the dining plan with a 3 year old son and an 8 month old son. We did the Crystal Palace, and we loved it. The characters kept the boys so distracted that we were all able to eat an enjoyable. meal. We also did the O'Hana breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto, and our boys absolutely loved it. We had no complaints there either. We ate at Tony's Town Square in the Magic Kingdom. We enjoyed the meal. It is a loud restaurant, but that helped mask my 3 year old being loud too.

We are going to be there during free dining this time too, and we will also be at CBR. This time we are going to Teppan Edo because we think the boys will enjoy the food and the preparation show. I think for us it was important to balance eating at character meals and more adult styled meals. We had a great trip and didn't have a bad meal the whole trip.

As for counter service places, we enjoyed Pizza Planet (DHS), Pecos Bill (MK), Pizzafari (AK), and Pinnochio's Village Haus (MK).

When will you be at WDW? We will be there September 20-25.

We'll be there Dec 1-5. I just started thinking about ADR's today. Sept 1st I get to book them.

When DD was 3, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal palace was her favorite. She also like Sunshine Season in Epcot. But that has changed since she was little. My best advice would be not to over stimulate, and give him or her some down time ( and you too) which makes whatever dinning you chose easier. Nap time is your friend..:lmao:
I remember DD trip when she was 3, magical memories. She is 20 now by the way.. These memories will be some of the best you have.
Have a great time:)

a great choice for a character meal. Teppan Edo is fun. We don't usually do it because we have similar restaurants that we go to at home. Another one you may consider is Biergarten. It's a buffet so you can get the food quickly. An oompah band plays periodically in the afternoon through early evening with a small dance floor that often has kids on it. The food is German based but there is plenty to interest kids.

When my son was three, he loved character meals...he had a ball. He loved Tusker House breakfast with Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy. He enjoyed CP with Pooh and friends...we had lunch here. He loved Hollywood and Vine b/c he love Little Einstein...this is one of his favorite b/c they have a song/dance every 20 mins and a musical parade. Chef Mickey he liked but the dinner buffet was ok not great. We went to Cape May breakfast with characters...we never did dinner but will try on our next trip.

We took my daughter to Ohana, CRT, LTT, and Hollywood & Vine when she was 3. She loved meeting Minnie at LTT, but now that's it's not a character meal I probably wouldn't go - maybe Chef Mickey instead? She also loved CRT because of the castle and the princesses. Will your 3 year old be scared of the characters? If not, I'd go with character meals for sure.

We have a son, so the Castle and princesses is out. I think the only character meal we will do is CP in MK for dinner.

We have 5 dinners to think about right now I'm thinking:

Crystal Palace Mk early lunch
Teppan Edo Epcot dinner
Cape May

I'm not a huge all you can eat fan, but it is easier with a 3 y/o. I really think the food lacks at the character meals.
Thinking of another epcot dinner not sure.
I'm not sure of MGM restaurants, 50's is fun, but food lacks.

Our counter service meals are not a big deal to us wherever we are when hungry is fine.

What we don't want is
Biergarten (we did it last trip and want something new, we loved it)
O'hana (bad experience with horrible food and not thrilled with new menu)
Chef Mickey also yucky food

I am taking my 3 year old DD and 1 year old DS to WDW in Sept. for Free dining. I am doing mostly character meals.

CP breakfast
CRT lunch
Akershus lunch (she loves princesses)
Chef Mickey's dinner & breakfast
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Teppan Edo dinner
'Ohana dinner

Teppan Edo & 'Ohana are the only non-character meals, but I think they will still be fun & entertaining to the kids. DD is not afraid of characters and loves them, so I think that she will do really well. I think it depends on your kids as if they will like the character meals at this age. Have fun!

We are taking our just turned 3yo dd in a few days!:cheer2: I tried to pick restaurants that I thought would be entertaining/interesting to her in case she isn't in the mood to sit still for very long! :rotfl: And, so we wouldn't feel rushed through our meal!:laughing: She is also a big Princess fan! princess: We chose: CRT(B),Tusker House(B),1900 PF(B), Sci Fi(L), 50's PT(L), T Rex (L),Coral Reef (L), Akerhus PSB (L), Crystal Palace(D), Chef Mickeys (D), 1900 PF(D), Ohanas(D), Boma (D), and Tutto Italia(D)! :wizard:

I didn't see Biergarten. We went there and our 2.5 yr old had a ball. They had a oompa band and did the chicken dance. The food was good too.

Your 3 year old might like: Coral Reef (the aquarium is cool) or the Sci-Fi (Cars, etc...). We do a lot of character meals as that is what DS loves (ok, the food may not be great, but he has a blast---so it is worth it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter