Dining suggestions for DW & me w/o the kids

jsginmd

Mouseketeer
My DW and I will be spending a few days on-site and we are interested in trying some different restaurants. We are not planning on going into any of the parks, so please keep your suggestions to places that do not require admission (hotels, DTD, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

There are so many choices. Do you want someplace a little more upscale? Will you have a car? What kind of price range do you have...under $50, $50-100, over $100? Are you adventurous, do you like gourmet, or prefer meat and potatos?

Anne

Well, here are a few suggestions for starters:

(1)Cape May buffet at Beach Club. This isn't an especially cheap option, but it's a really nice place and the food is excellent. Seems to me that the dinner buffet is around $24 or so.

(2)Beaches & Cream at Beach Club for a good old-fashioned burger and fries type of meal. Great ice cream desserts too!:p

(3)Trail's End Buffeteria at Ft. Wilderness. Nice and laidback, very casual atmosphere. Wonderful food on the buffet for a very reasonable price. We loved it!

I'm sure others will have more to add, but maybe these will help. Have fun planning! :D

I knew I left out some details... :D

We are open to all ranges of dining (although I don't know if I'd go as far as V&A's and I can find counter service myself).

We WILL have a car.

We are also open on price, up to a point. We don't mind spending the money to get a good meal, but I don't want to have to fill out loan application paperwork to do it. ;)

Type of food is kind of open too. That's part of the reason why we'd like to try some new places.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Try the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. Great food. More of an adult atmosphere.

Portabello Yacht Club at DTD is also nice.....

Boma's at AKL, would be my suggestion..
I didn't care of Ohana's but I think we are one out of a lot that didn't care for the dinner.

If you have a car, Emerils maybe?? I don't know much about it however.

Have fun.
LInda

Jiko at AKL. Excellent food, great atmosphere. Much nicer atmosphere then Boma for a nice adult dinner. If you like wine they have interesting African wines that you don't see everywhere.

You've gotten lots of good suggestions. We enjoyed Ohana but you do have to like various types of meat. It's very laid back and there are kids activities so it can get a little loud. So, if it were just my spouse and I...I'd consider these:

California Grill at the Contemp.
Jiko at AKL
Narcoosee's at the GF
Shula's at the Dolphin Resort
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC
Kona Cafe at the Poly
And I agree with a previous poster. In the mood for a burger? Try Beaches and Cream at the BC.

Our favorite resort restaurant(so far) is the Kona Cafe at the Poly.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Almost all of them were right along the lines I was thinking.

The trip isn't for a while yet, so if anyone has any others, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again!

My suggestions would be:-

Fulton's Crab House
Portabello Yacht Club
Shula's

Hope you have a great time!!!

Based on your response I would suggest Jiko, the Kona Cafe, the California Grill, and Bongo's.

All are excellent--Citrco's will proabably be the most expensive (plan on ~$100 inc. tax and tip, and a couple cocktails--but worth it), Bongo's probably the least expensive (I think you'd find it very difficult to spend more than about $60 for dinner for two there.)

Be sure to go to Jiko hungry and plan on ordering some of the incredible appetizers or flatbreads.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter