dining rotation q

HillPete

Secret Simba Fan
Sorry if this has been covered, but the search function isn't working.
Anyway, how do I figure out our dining rotation? We have children ages 6 & 4 and are currently on late dining. (It's killing me to think that my kids might have to eat dinner at 8:30. They are usually asleep by then! :sad2: ).

Also, has anyone ever been on the waiting list for early dining and actually gotten switched? I'm not at all concerned about getting back to the ship in time or any of that stuff.

Thanks all!
--Hillary

If you have small children, you SHOULD have 8pm dinner instead of 8:30pm. That was my understanding. We have always had late dinner with small children and it has worked out well.

I know there are a couple of threads where people have very scientifically given some of the most common options. I'm sure someone will respond with a link to them. Even then it's a guess, you really don't know which rotation you'll have until you get your KTWC.

I've read that many people have been able to switch to early seating even when wait listed. However, if this happens once on board it can also change your rotation. We always request to be in a specific head server's station, and this usually isn't set up ahead of time, so we check when we get on board and they happily put us in his station, but our rotation has changed.

Mid June we booked a cruise for 20 people sailing July 23rd. All that was left was late seatting but the put us on a wait list. We found out last week all 20 of us hve been moved to early! I guess the wait is over!

Call DCL and get put on the waiting list for main dining. We did that and just today got changed from late to main. If you don't get changed before your cruise, you can ask onboard. I believe it's Rockin' Bar D for dining changes.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter