Dining rotation on 7 night Alaska Wonder

I think we are going to have to wait until the first Alaskan cruise returns to know all the details :sail:

Totally agree! Waiting patiently... :hourglass
Dis'ers on first cruise to Alaska, please kindly report back! :thanks:

It was a bit odd having the character breakfast in PC, followed by two dinners in row in PC. I wondered if the would just repurpose the Taste of Alaska (after all, it's not likely the will be serving lutefisk!) Or if frozen is going to supplant Toy Story.

We will still be having the Pixar Night and the Toy Story Menu. Frozen day is Day 4 (Skagway). They could easily rename the Taste of Alaska menu as the new Frozen menu. My guess as that the Frozen menu will be regional (Alaskan/Scandanavian) so that seems like a likely possibility. They could also move Taste of Alaska to the last night and skip Til We Meet Again.

Well, if that's true, my guess is they will drop either Taste of Alaska or Till We Meet Again, whichever they feel is less successful.

Frozen will be night 4, which is currently standard rotation. It would make the most sense to drop the Golden Mickeys, so the first 3 nights are the 3 rotational. Then the 4 "special" menus. Besides, from the menus I've seen online, the "Golden Mickeys" doesn't really look like much of a theme for a menu. How is swordfish or turkey matching a Golden Mickey theme?

Doubt they would drop "Taste of Alaska" as that is much more tied into the unique nature of the cruise. Doubt they would drop "Till We Meet Again" -- because a big last meal is really the theme on all their cruises. (Though, they *could* combine it with Taste of Alaska).
Also doubt they would drop the Toy Story, as that is really a heavily themed menu.

We are on the 6/1 sailing. I will make sure to post from the first port so those on later sailings will have the information.

Thanks so much! Would love to see all of the info (including navigators) if you would be able to post? I know there are lots of us waiting for the new info!

Thanks so much! Would love to see all of the info (including navigators) if you would be able to post? I know there are lots of us waiting for the new info!

I will definitely post an update ASAP but I will have to wait to scan the Navigators until I return from the trip. We'll be home on the 9th so I should be able to do it then.

Looks like they are skipping a rotational menu on this cruise and replacing it with the Frozen menu.

Frozen Party is ..... well..... not great. I was on the Members Cruise and didn't find anyone who had anything good to say. Hopefully they will rewrite and revamp it. Frozen Menu is definitely there. Wonder is looking good and we had a great time!

image.jpg
Frozen Party is ..... well..... not great. I was on the Members Cruise and didn't find anyone who had anything good to say. Hopefully they will rewrite and revamp it. Frozen Menu is definitely there. Wonder is looking good and we had a great time!
Jay Kat, we were on the member's cruise and really enjoyed the Frozen party. The fact that Elsa actually sang "Let it Go" was really nice. Our DD and her friend really enjoyed it. Quite honestly, it was a nice change from the Pirate party...

Also, the scenery was spectacular...

Also, to answer earlier questions, we had the PTAPTAP rotation. Nights 1-3 were the restaurant specific menus, night 4 was Frozen, night 5 was Lobster, night 6 was Taste of Alaska (we missed b/c we went to Palo), and night 7 was See You Again.

A few comments:

- this was our first Palo visit since our first cruise in 2008. We didn't really enjoy it then (bad waiter), so we had not done it in awhile. This was DW's first trip as Platinum, so we had a free meal there so we tried it again. Once again, I don't get what the fuss is about. I do not think that we would pay $30 a piece to eat there...

- DVC did a nice job with the cruise. Gifts were great and the screening of Inside/Out, the talk by Jim Murphy of Pixar on how he made LAVA, and especially the Broadway and Beyond shows were fantastic.

- that being said, I would have liked a baseball cap :-)

- the buffet on the Wonder is severely lacking compared to the other 3 ships

- that being said, the Wonder is in great shape.

- Weather could not have been better

- Hampton Inn in Vancouver was an excellent place to stay pre-cruise. They have free breakfast and a free shuttle to the port.

Also, to answer earlier questions, we had the PTAPTAP rotation. Nights 1-3 were the restaurant specific menus, night 4 was Frozen, night 5 was Lobster, night 6 was Taste of Alaska (we missed b/c we went to Palo), and night 7 was See You Again.

What is "lobster" ? Do you remember which menu it was?
. No Toy Story Menu? No Golden Mickeys menu? Which menu was " lobster"?

Since I made a mistake in another thread and caused confusion:

Day 1 - Rotational Menu
Day 2 - Rotational Menu
Day 3 - Rotational Menu
Day 4 - Frozen Menu
Day 5 - Toy Story Menu
Day 6 - Taste of Alaska Menu
Day 7 - 'Til We Meet Again Menu

Day 1 - Rotational Menu
Day 2 - Rotational Menu
Day 3 - Rotational Menu
Day 4 - Frozen Menu
Day 5 - Toy Story Menu

Currently on the wonder and can confirm this is the menu order. Golden Mickey's menu was dumped.

Frozen Party - don't know what to say. Started before half of late dinner was done, and I think was cut down last night due to SO MUCH RAIN. Elsa's singing was so much better than Idina. Mad props.

Currently on the wonder and can confirm this is the menu order. Golden Mickey's menu was dumped.

Frozen Party - don't know what to say. Started before half of late dinner was done, and I think was cut down last night due to SO MUCH RAIN. Elsa's singing was so much better than Idina. Mad props.

Thanks for invaluable info! I have second seating. I would let my head server know ahead of time to speed up my meal. I always miss the pirate buffet because of the tight timing of events. I should eat half full this time to save some room for the buffet then.:drinking1

Day 1 - Rotational Menu
Day 2 - Rotational Menu
Day 3 - Rotational Menu
Day 4 - Frozen Menu
Day 5 - Toy Story Menu

:thanks:

Day 1 - Rotational Menu
Day 2 - Rotational Menu
Day 3 - Rotational Menu
Day 4 - Frozen Menu
Day 5 - Toy Story Menu
Does anyone have the frozen menu? Just curious... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter