• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dining rotation help...

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
Can I request specific dining rotation now? We don't cruise until Feb next year. I really want PLA, so that we are in Lumiere's for formal night and Parrot Cay for Pirate. Where do I request this? We booked through Costco.

Also, is there any chance that the schedules will change, so that if I request this and get it, but they move formal night or pirate night, I will be messed up? Once this request has been made, can it be changed?

You can make a request, but nothing is guaranteed. Also, like you noted, things could change due to weather. If you aren't in those specific dining rooms your cruise wont be messed up IMO. The CMs dress the same on those theme nights & everyone else is usually dressed accordingly so the entire dining room has either a more formal or pirate mood.

This was something I REALLY stressed out over on our first cruise last summer. :crazy: I wanted the PLA rotation for the same reasons...Lumiere's on formal night and Parrot Cay on pirate night. I thought it would make all the difference! Well...we made the request when we booked over a year in advance, but we did NOT get our request...we were assigned APL. Went to dining changes as soon as we boarded (and we were one of the first on the ship with boarding card #2!), and they were unable to switch us to the PLA rotation unless we wanted the late seating, which we didn't. So we kept APL (though I was a bit bummed out that something didn't go EXACTLY as I planned!)...and I can honestly say it made NO difference whatsoever in our cruise experience! I hardly noticed what dining room we were in, and I CERTAINLY won't waste any time stressing over this for our next cruise in March 2007!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter