Dining Reviews-Better Late Than Never-12/06-Pictures, Galore!!!! Day 5 up 7/8/07

kimshmkr

Earning My Ears
Hi, I have been a long time lurker, but feel it is high time to help others, as I have been helped! Without the DIS, I would have missed out some great places to eat.

Some background info-these are dining reviews from my 3rd trip to the world, 12/18-12/25. I went with my two boys, Stitch age 12, and Goofy age 9. We were on the dining plan. We had all our ADR's planned out and am proud to say we made every one. We booked our next trip, 8/5-8/15, on the bounceback program. We are so excited for FREE DINING!!!

On to the good stuff, first day at the parks was 12/19, and we were off to AK. Lunch was at Tusker House, thanks to all the great reviews here.
100_1003.jpg

Stitch had the chicken and chocolate cake and loved it! Goofy had the salmon and carrot cake and also was very happy. I had the wrap and chowder. I loved, loved, loved the chowder. It was excellent. The wrap I did not like. The tomato relish inside was weird. I had cheescake for dessert. This was a great value for the credits. We will be going here again in August.

Up next-dinner, day one-Hoop Dee Doo
100_1035.jpg

This is fantastic! :thumbsup2 I've never done a dining review either, but will try it after my next trip. It sure is helpful to read about everyone else's experiences! Can't wait to hear more!:)

Thanks so much, for being the first to reply to my review. I am working on my Hoop Dee Doo review now. There is an exciting surprise that happens. Stay tuned!!!

OOOHHH... I want to hear about the surprise at Hoop Dee Doo....

I've never been there before and I am interested in knowing if it is worth the 2 credits on the DDP.

Can't wait to read more!

We had an ADR for the 9:00pm show @ the Hoop Dee Doo. We took the bus from All Star Sports to MK, and then took the boat to Fort Wilderness. We got there way too early but had lots of time to explore and the boys had a great time playing cowboys. I got them special tees with a cowboy Mickey on them. They also had bandanas, but only Goofy would wear his. Before entering, we had our picture taken outside. They brought it around later, but Goofy had his eyes shut, as always. So we passed on it.

When we were taken to our seats, I could not believe we were seated right in front of the stage by the piano player. It was great!! This will come into play later.

The first thing they brought out was the salad and cornbread. Both were great, but Stitch is very picky. Here he is picking out the onions.
100_1042.jpg

Then they brought out the buckets of chicken and ribs. Goofy loves ribs. That is why I picked this place, b/c I knew he could get all the ribs he wanted. He had 2 buckets!!!!
100_1045.jpg

100_1046.jpg

Tell Stitch I hate onions too--they're gross! :crazy2: (I'll eat almost anything else though...)popcorn::

The piano player you say... can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

The dinner show was very good. It was quite corny, but my boys seem to love it! They like corny jokes!!! Well here is where the surprise comes in, during the audience participation part, guess who gets taken on stage???? They choose Goofy!!! The actress who chose him (Dolly, if I remember correctly) said he was already dressed for the part. That's how sitting up front was good!!

They took Goofy backstage and he was gone for about 5 minutes or so. He played the sheriff and saves Dolly. She gave him a big kiss! Here he is wiping her kiss off.
100_1051.jpg

He seemed to remember everything he was suppossed to do and was not shy at all. He is quite a ham!!!
100_1065.jpg

He got to bow at the end and got a certificate for being brave!

100_1071.jpg

Stitch enjoyed playing the washboard at the end. He is much shyer than Goofy and would never have gone on stage.
100_1068.jpg

It was a great time for all. ( Mom b/c she got unlimited sangria!!!) When we were going home, Stitch told me by being on stage, his dreams had already come true (he had seen the Disney World CD and was excited about the year of a million dreams). My heart melted!!! I am so glad we went there. We will remember it always.

OOOHHH... I want to hear about the surprise at Hoop Dee Doo....

I've never been there before and I am interested in knowing if it is worth the 2 credits on the DDP.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for replying to my thread! I really feel it was worth the 2 credits. Remember you are paying for the show, as well as dinner. This is the only place both boys asked to go back to on our upcoming trip. We all had a great time! I hope you do also, if you try it!

Excellent pictures :thumbsup2 , excellent reviews :thumbsup2 , excellent story :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

Sounds like you had a great trip. What a great time for Stitch and Goofy... I love that the experience lived up to their dreams. And, as a parent I know that means it lived up to YOUR dreams.

pixiedust: Pixie dust to you pixiedust:

Excellent reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies:)

Wonderful reviews! And, I loved your pictures! We've gone to the Hoop Dee Doo several times, with the dining plan and without, and I agree. The experience is well worth the cost. We've always considered it a highlight of our trip. I think it's neat that your little fellow got to participate. I'm sure your location had something to do with him being picked, but I think the way he was dressed helped, too. He's such a cutie with that kerchief. He sure fit the role of the sheriff, didn't he?

Oh, and I don't think I'll be ordering the wrap at Tusker House (if they're even open, next time I go; can't remember when they're closing). I've heard too many negative comments about that tomato relish. :rotfl:

Great start to your reviews - we've been thinking about trying Hoop de Doo - you may have just convinced me :thumbsup2

Great dining review so far. Can't wait to hear MORE! We've never done the Hoop Dee Doo show yet but you're tempting me. We've been to WDW 5 times so I'm thinking maybe on the 6th trip we should plan it into our schedule. I assume you paid OOP and didn't use the DDP or am I wrong? Our DS is 9 and I'm thinking he's old enough to appreciate the corny jokes, etc. Any opinions???? I love reading dining reviews and thanks for yours. We're going again next February. I can't wait.

Lynn

Excellent pictures :thumbsup2 , excellent reviews :thumbsup2 , excellent story :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

Sounds like you had a great trip. What a great time for Stitch and Goofy... I love that the experience lived up to their dreams. And, as a parent I know that means it lived up to YOUR dreams.

pixiedust: Pixie dust to you pixiedust:

Thanks so much for your kind words. You are so right. It made my dreams come true to make him so happy!

Wonderful reviews! And, I loved your pictures! We've gone to the Hoop Dee Doo several times, with the dining plan and without, and I agree. The experience is well worth the cost. We've always considered it a highlight of our trip. I think it's neat that your little fellow got to participate. I'm sure your location had something to do with him being picked, but I think the way he was dressed helped, too. He's such a cutie with that kerchief. He sure fit the role of the sheriff, didn't he?

Oh, and I don't think I'll be ordering the wrap at Tusker House (if they're even open, next time I go; can't remember when they're closing). I've heard too many negative comments about that tomato relish. :rotfl:

I think he made a great sheriff too. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

Great dining review so far. Can't wait to hear MORE! We've never done the Hoop Dee Doo show yet but you're tempting me. We've been to WDW 5 times so I'm thinking maybe on the 6th trip we should plan it into our schedule. I assume you paid OOP and didn't use the DDP or am I wrong? Our DS is 9 and I'm thinking he's old enough to appreciate the corny jokes, etc. Any opinions???? I love reading dining reviews and thanks for yours. We're going again next February. I can't wait.

Lynn

Hi, I hope you see the show on your next trip. Your son would really enjoy it. We were on the dining plan, but that was before they changed the seating. Now, with the plan, you get seated farther back. I would still go again though.

On day 2 we went to our favorite park, MK. We got there early and thanks to the DIS, went to the Main Street Bakery. I had read too much about the french toast loaf and had to try it! We used 1 counter service credit and got a ham and cheese croissant, huge cinnamon roll, and drink. We used a snack credit to get my french toast loaf. It did not dissappoint. Here is Goofy with our food. Stitch's croissant is to the left of the tray. He could not wait to dig in.
100_1081.jpg

For lunch, we went to Columbia Habour House. For some reason I did not get a picture there. Probably b/c the place was a madhouse. The lines were very long and there was no place to sit. We had to wait for someone to leave and then take there table. I believe we all got the chicken and fish basket with chocolate cake. They were out of the apple crisp dessert. This dissappointed Goofy, as he hates chocolate. This was way too much food for the three of us. We should have gotten two baskets and shared. The food was pretty good though.

For dinner, we went to the Polynesian for a much anticipated dinner at 'Ohana. We asked to be seated by the window, so we could see Wishes. While waiting to be seated, I had a much anticipated drink. Stitch liked to take pictures looking like he had been drinking my drink. Typical 12 yr old. He thought it was so funny!
100_1131-1.jpg

We waited about 30 minutes after our ADR, but our table did not dissappoint. It was right by the window with the castle as our view. I had read here that the service is quick and does not give you time to enjoy the food. I found that to be correct. They were bringing food before you were finished with the last thing they brought. Here is a picture of Goofy with salad, shrimp, and chicken wings. The table was too small for so much food!
100_1133.jpg

The boys enjoyed the coconut races. (Sorry to the man who got in the middle of my pic)
100_1135.jpg

Stitch loves, loves meat. Here he is studiously cutting up the meats. They just kept coming.
100_1138.jpg

The dessert was excellent. Goofy is weird though and hates most sweet things, but loves fruit. We asked the waitress for a small bowl of pineapple, for his dessert. She brought him this huge bowl and a big bowl of caramel sauce to dip it in. He was in heaven and ate every bite.
100_1139.jpg

All in all, this was a great meal. I would just speak up next time and tell the waiter we are not ready for the next course. I felt too rushed to enjoy my meal. The view of Wishes was great though. I am so glad we waited for a table with a view.

Up next, dole whips, Pepper Market, and Teppanyaki!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter