Dining Reviews 9-9- 9-14 09

bobbie68

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got back from the world on Monday and had a great time. I would like to put my 2 cents in on dining reviews. Especially since we had food allergies. We were on the regular dining plan.

9-9-09 Tusker House ( Animal Kingdom park) lunch buffet. The chef came over and went through the whole buffet with us for gluten and dairy free stuff. The salmon was covered in a cream sauce and he made her salmon plain. Also, they don't serve french fries at this time but he was kind enough to make her a plate of french fries. There was plenty to choose from and the food was great.

9-10-09 Akershus (Princess Breakfast Norway Epcot) The chef came over and went through everything with us. The potato dish has milk so he made plain hash browns for my daughter. He had gluten free rolls and they were able to get her a gluten free cake for her birthday. I ate the regular items and everything was great. The princess interaction is great and the waiter was very nice.

9-10-09 Peppermarket (Coronado Springs Resort) We had dinner here and once again the chef came out and went over the menu. This particular restaurant was able to offer my daughter a gluten free pizza. My husband and I ate the regular food choices and found them to be plenty and really good. I like being able to go to different stations and looking at the food choices. The service was great.

9-11-09 Biergarten (Germany Epcot) Dinner- This is one of our favorites. The buffet food is great and the show is a lot of fun. The chef came out and went through everything. The salmon here also had a cream sauce and once again the chef made us plain salmon. There are a lot of choices and the food is great. The chef brought out gluten free brownies and cookies for my daughter at the end. You do eat dinner with other people, so if you don't like to eat with strangers this may not be for you.

9-11-09 Peppermarket breakfast- You have your standard breakfast items and all the food was great.

9-12-09 Flame Tree Barbeque (Animal Kingdom) This a counter service restaurant. There weren't a lot of choices but the food was really good. The menu offers plain meats and fruits with fries as a side.

9-12-09 Spirit of Aloah Luau- We enjoyed the luau very much. When I made my reservations a couple of months before I noted the food allergies. I mentioned to one of the staff about it and they said it was all taken care of.
When we got to our seat there was gluten free bread waiting for my daughter. When they brought the dinner out the chef personally brought over her plate of food which was the same type only prepared without gluten. I was very impressed that I did not have to do anything. For desert she had the standard gluten free brownie. My husband and I had the regular buffet and enjoyed the food. Everything was cooked well, hot and tasty.
The show was a little hokey, but it is disney. All you can drink is a nice feature my husband had a couple of glasses of wine.

9-13-09 Tutto (Italy Epcot)- This was the one disappointment for us. We had eaten here years ago and loved it. Things change. The manager was very crabby going over the gluten free stuff and the selection was very limited. Our food was okay. The entree selection was limited for my daughter They do not offer potato, pasta or rice with the meal. I had to order a side dish of pasta and they charged me a full entree price of $9.50. I certainly don't think it is worth the prices.
We will not return there again

Overall, I love the dining plan, my only complaint with the dining plan is for children. My daughter is 8 and has a really good appetite. I found that buffets are better for children who have a good appetite because the entree selections are not enough food for some kids.

Thanks I hope my reviews help:)

Thanks for posting! We are going to try Flame Tree for the 1st time in a few days, glad you liked it!:thumbsup2

Hello! thanks so much for posting! im really happy to hear they were so accomodating for the food allergy! sounds wonderful! cant wait to try the tusker house and akershus in december! =)

also im staying at CSR in later this month so i will have to try peppermarket!

Sad to hear Tutto's was a disappointment. I was thinking of trying that one in the future sometime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter