Dining Reviews 2/8-2/15

Sarahbelle341

Mouseketeer
Full disclosure- Travelling with my Ds 5 and DH. I only listed mine and DS food since I can't remember what DH got everywhere and he doesn't really care about food as much as me and DS. I adore salmon and creme brulee and order them almost anywhere its on the menu. They are two of my very favorite foods ever so if a restaurant has both it tends to be a big hit for me. DS prefers to eat the same food as mommy when possible but has a teenagers appetite so sharing is usually out unless neither of us are very hungry. We aren't big snackers and like regular meals for the most part.

POP century food court. I had the nachos and they were decent. Nothing memorable but edible. Food court was loud and chaotic. Ds had the kids meatball sub and it was so tiny it was just sad. He didn't really like it and was still hungry after eating his kids meal. He ended up eating my dessert and part of my nachos meaning we were both fairly unsatisfied after the experience.

Columbia Harbour House. I had the grilled salmon with french fries and blueberry cobbler. The cobbler was delicious really one of the best quick service desserts all week. Nice and quiet here and no problem finding a table.

Hollywood & Vine character breakfast- Great experience just like last year. The food was hot and yummy. The breakfast potatoes and the fritta were my favorites. Ds ate his weight in Mickey waffles and fresh blueberries.

Pizza Planet- forgettable frozen pizza with very little toppings. Ds loved the theme but didn't care of his tiny pizza. The desserts didn't interest us so we skipped them here.

Fantasmic package Mama Melrose- great experience. Calamari appetizer was yummy. Ds enjoyed his minestrone soup too. My steak was yummy and Ds loved his spaghetti and meatballs.

Sunshine Seasons- Best Disney quick service ever. We both had the salmon with the red sauce, mashed potatoes and green beans. He had strawberry shortcake for dessert which I tried and was was awesome. He loved it and ate every bite of his food and dessert. The best quick service meal we had all week and one we will return to.

Les Halles- Quiche lorraine, creme brulee, and ham and cheese croissants. Delicious. DS had a cheese plate here and a pot of berries and creme and devoured it.

Landscape of Flavors- Much better food court than POP. not as loud or crowded and much better food choices. Butter chicken with rice, spinach and gelato dessert. Delicious.

Casey's Corner- Chili cheese hot dog with fries and cotton candy. The buns were terrible and crumbly. Barely edible and no seating to be had.

Cosmic Ray's- Roasted 1/2 chicken with green beans and mango gelato for dessert. The gelato was terrible and we didn't eat it. The chicken was fresh and juicy and green beans crisp. Pretty good for a quick service.

Sanaa- Incredible food. Chicken vindaloo and shrimp durban for me with rice. loved the bread service. Ds loved his grilled shrimp with rice and veggies and ate every bite. He loved decorating the cookie for dessert too but didn't eat it. Instead he chowed down on the extra naan bread I ordered.

Ohana breakfast- We loved it again. the food is delicious. Ds loved the stitch waffles, fresh raspberries and sausages here. The juice is great too.

Crystal Palace dinner- good dinner here again. The salmon was yummy. Ds liked the shrimp and rice dish they had and ate a lot of peas and corn here. Soft serve with sprinkles is always a dessert hit with him too. Pooh and friends entertaining as always.

Be Our Guest dinner- I had the salmon and it was divine. Perfectly cooked with a delicious leek fondue that really makes the dish. I had the potato leek soup to start and it was awesome. Ds loved his steak and grilled veggies. We loved getting to meet the beast. Cupcakes were just ok for dessert but we weren't really fans.

Tusker House lunch- Delicious food. Chicken curry, green beans, seasoned rice pilaf, passion fruit tarts, and keyan coffee bbq pork were some of our favorites. Donald and friends were fun here.

Wolfgang Puck Express- I had the salmon here with creme brulee for dessert it was heavenly. Ds had spaghetti and loved it. He picked frozen yogurt for dessert and liked it a lot.

Thank you for the review!
I have never done the Fantasmic dinner package and am trying to decide between Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose. I actually already had Hollywood & Vine character Lunch (No Fantasmic) reserved for Grandchildren 6 & 3 yrs. I saw it was available later & was trying to decide if I should get Mama Melrose for Fantasmic Package or just remake reservations of Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package since I was doing it anyways. Would it be worth both in your opinion?

We enjoy Hollywood & vine character breakfast but haven't tried the food at lunch. The character interaction is fantastic. Ds loves to sing a long to his favorite Disney songs, dance with the characters, and they came to our table multiple times while we were there. Handy Manny tired to fix DS since he couldn't stop giggling. Doc tried to listen to his heart for his checkup. It was some of the best character interaction we have had at Disney to be honest. The food at Mama Melrose is great but I wouldn't give up the character meal experience for it if you have Disney JR fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter