• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reservations Lost..what to do?

zales127

Mouseketeer
I had several dining reservations that were lost. I have the dining numbers..but when I log onto my vacation they are gone. No biggie I have seen that before and then the next day I log in and they are there. This time, I called to see if I could make a slight change and they told me that my dining reservation for CRT didnt exist!!!!! I have the the reservation number but they told me that the reservation had been cancelled. Which I KNOW I would have NEVER cancelled it..considering I got up at the crack of dawn waiting on the day I could make my resies and called immediately.

Now they are telling me that there is nothing that they can do. To keep trying. Im so upset. I keep checking online literally every single hour. Considering our trip is 40 days away Im thinking Im out of luck. What do you all think? Is there still hope?:confused3

The online reservation software is far from perfect; in fact, it's abysmal. I find when I log in to the website there is an option to "Retrieve Reservation" and you can find reservations by the dining numbers. It worked for me a few times when only one or none of my reservations were showing.

The online reservation software is far from perfect; in fact, it's abysmal. I find when I log in to the website there is an option to "Retrieve Reservation" and you can find reservations by the dining numbers. It worked for me a few times when only one or none of my reservations were showing.

Yep. Ive done that. But I called Dining Reservations and they dont even have the reservation. They are saying its was cancelled. :(

Yikes! Can you make the reservations again or are they're completely booked?? Plus I think their site is a bit buggly lately.

Everytime I hit "Reserve" it'll bring me back to the log-in screen. I think the best bet is calling in your reservations.

I know this is unpopular - but I print off my confirmation ONCE and never look back. I then have it with me when I had to the parks/resorts and if there is a problem (which honestly has happen to me several times ...Park Fare twice, CRT once, a couple of other spots) I hand them my confirmation. If they tell me it has been cancelled I tell them not by me and I am the only one with access to my reservations so it must be a problem on their end.

I have always been seated. I find this far less stressful than checking and rechecking and then trying to rebook when I did not cancel a reservation.

A few of the times after I handed the reservation they were either able to find it or tell me when it was cancelled but I have never backed down from the fact I made the reservation and I did not cancel it.

Liz

hi
sorry for hijacking thread, but i cant find my res number for CRT and cant remember what name it was booked in (m3 and my 3 friends are going) how can i find out? i need it to book my slipper dessert

thanx

I know this is unpopular - but I print off my confirmation ONCE and never look back. I then have it with me when I had to the parks/resorts and if there is a problem (which honestly has happen to me several times ...Park Fare twice, CRT once, a couple of other spots) I hand them my confirmation. If they tell me it has been cancelled I tell them not by me and I am the only one with access to my reservations so it must be a problem on their end.

I have always been seated. I find this far less stressful than checking and rechecking and then trying to rebook when I did not cancel a reservation.

A few of the times after I handed the reservation they were either able to find it or tell me when it was cancelled but I have never backed down from the fact I made the reservation and I did not cancel it.

Liz

:thumbsup2

This is exactly what I do.

Liz

I'm pretty much the same, though I have checked once or twice to change a time and to add a reservation. Otherwise, I don't look. It's not worth the stress.

Oh my! I'm so sorry! Do you still have the email confirmations because I'd print it and do what a PP suggested. Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to print my ADR emails when I print my other vacation stuff like airlines etc. and take them along just in case!

A few of the times after I handed the reservation they were either able to find it or tell me when it was cancelled but I have never backed down from the fact I made the reservation and I did not cancel it
Liz

Same here!

The same thing happened to me last year, but they were trying to look it up with my phone number. After tears and pleading, the CM finally found it under my confirmation number and the phone number the lady had entered was one number off (she typed 6 instead of 5).

Since you said you are trying to look it up online, did you actually type in your confirmation number? When I try and pull up my reservations, it says there are none, but when I click on the area that says something to effect of find missing reservations and input the confirmation number, I can find it. If you haven't tried that, you might see if it works. Otherwise, I would look at your credit card bill and see if it was ever charged.

Good luck! I feel your pain! If your card wasn't charged, you can always try and rebook. I don't know how many are in your party, but if you have more than 2 people, you could try reducing it down to a 2 person ressie just to ensure you can take your daughter. I think that increases your chances of getting a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter