Dining Reservations for our vacation

jenni_bird

Earning My Ears
I am a newbie here so please bear with me. This is our first trip to Disney and traveling with dh, dd7 and ds2. I have put a lot of time and thought into our dining reservations and we are on the dining plan. I think I am happy with what we have but would like some opinions on if our reservations are good choices. Thanks for the feedback!

Tusker House Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park Sunday February 27, 2011 8:10 am

Chef Mickey's Sunday February 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Le Cellier Steakhouse Epcot Monday February 28, 2011 1:40 pm

The Crystal Palace - Tuesday March 1, 2011 5:50 pm

50's Prime Time Café Wednesday March 2, 2011 5:30 pm

1900 Park Fare Thursday March 3, 2011 4:30 pm

I think your list looks great. In fat, we're going in Dec with our kids ages 3, 7 and 8 and we have almost all the same ressies with the exception of Le Cellier hich we can't get a ressie for. I think its pretty much all about the kids at this age, so I think doing a lot of character meals is a great idea. I also like to do early dinners as my kids don't last much past 8 o'clock especially in Disney. We tried an 8pm Chef Mickeys one time and that was a complete disaster, we had to leave the hotel before we even checked in to be seated. DD was devastated but it was just too late for her, she needed her bed much more than she needed to see Mickey at that point.

Great choices... here's a tip you may not know for character buffets. Sit your kiddos in a seat where the character can come up behind them. Have your camera on the table always and take lots of pics candids are fine you will get some of the best pics that way.

They all look like great reservations. I agree that the character meals will be fantastic for your kids. Plus you've got a good mix of buffets & standard table service places. Hope you have a great trip!

My only concern is your Sunday meals having a TS at 8am and then another one at 7pm. With two young children will they too tired for a 7pm ADR? And that one is Chef Mickey which is great fun but quite loud. I'm guessing you are going to squeeze in a big nap late in the day in order to make that 7pm ressie. Good luck.

Looks great - have a wonderful trip.

You are so far ahead ofme on my first trip. I went with no ADR's and no clue. It was a tough trip but I learned a ton.

Now I have everything planned and I love it.

My only concern is your Sunday meals having a TS at 8am and then another one at 7pm. With two young children will they too tired for a 7pm ADR? And that one is Chef Mickey which is great fun but quite loud. I'm guessing you are going to squeeze in a big nap late in the day in order to make that 7pm ressie. Good luck.
That is my major concern. My thoughts on that were we would probably spend the day in animal kingdom and didnt want to have to leave the park to rush to our adr. So I scheduled it so we didnt have any conflicts. We usually eat our meals between 5-6. I am thinking about changing that adr to an hour ahead..DD7 will not be a problem it is DS2 that I think we have to worry about..Thanks for your thoughts!

Great choices... here's a tip you may not know for character buffets. Sit your kiddos in a seat where the character can come up behind them. Have your camera on the table always and take lots of pics candids are fine you will get some of the best pics that way.
Thanks for the tip! I plan on taking a ton of pictures!

Looks great - have a wonderful trip.

You are so far ahead ofme on my first trip. I went with no ADR's and no clue. It was a tough trip but I learned a ton.

Now I have everything planned and I love it.
We are excited. I wanted to plan this trip out carefully because as much money as someone puts into a disney vacation I wanted to have the best possible experience ever..I know not everything will go as planned and I am prepared for that but at least this is a good start! Thanks for your input!

you have some great reservations lined up....
If your kiddos have an afternoon nap later on ...you could still do that time frame with Chef Mickeys.......We used to take the grandkids back and let them swim in the afternoon and then take a good nap......we were able to do the luau that way and we had some great memories.

Hope you enjoy yourself and welcome to the Dis.....if you ever have any questions ...please feel free to just post them and someone will direct you to the proper place or answer them for you.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter