• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Questions

savesforsix

Earning My Ears
I am going with 4 kids & a husband who are not very adventurous in their eating! However, I would like to try some new places. Our favorites are Sci-Fi Dine In, Whispering Canyon, Tusker House, & Ohana. They did not like Cinderella's Royal Table.

What are your favorite places to eat with the unadventurous? I'm really leaning towards Biergarten. I want them to try new things, but also want a place that will offer some basics, just in case they don't like the "new stuff".

I would try Crystal Palace which has an awesome breakfast and Trails End at Fort Wilderness which has fried chicken that we love.

Biergarten would be great because it's a buffet. One of our favorites that isn't too adventerouse is Kona Cafe at the Poly. Another favorite is Mama Melrose at the Studios.

The Garden Grill at Epcot is Character, Family-style. Really good food and the salad all comes from the land!

50's prime time cafe at DHS is good..meatload, fried chicken, the usual.

Liberty Tree Tavern at MK

Crystal Palace or Cape May Cafe character breakfasts

Our favourites that have something for every one are Boma, Cape May, Crystal palace, and we love Whispering Canyon - we are trying Biergarten for the first time in a couple of weeks, but have heard great things about it too.

50s Prime Time - comfort foods, try the PB&J milkshake :)
Mama Melrose's - basic italian foods, flatbreads, salads
Liberty Tree Tavern - standard Thanksgiving foods
Cookes of Dublin DTD QS - fish and chips, burgers, wings, etc. really good food one of my favorite places
Captain's Grille - American food, some seafood
Cape May - clam bake, has variety of seafood, meat, side dishes, salads
Biergarten - basic German foods, should be able to suit their needs, meat and potato foods and side dishes.

As an adventurous eater who is married to a man who literally will only eat meat, potatoes, or noodles for dinner, I highly recommend 1900 Park Fare. We went for dinner and the buffet had all the normal meat, potatoes, etc. for my DH. They also had a pasta station and some more adventurous choices like strawberry soup and sushi for me, so everyone won :cheer2:. Plus, listening to the stepsisters bicker with each other as they walk around to the tables is hilarious and watching my daughter dance with Prince Charming was priceless.

We really liked:

Crystal Palace - something for everyone

Garden Grille -good food, and great character interaction

50's Prime Time - my kids thought it was hilarious when the waiter "airplaned" green beans so my mom would eat her veggies :rotfl2:

What are your favorite places to eat with the unadventurous? I'm really leaning towards Biergarten. I want them to try new things, but also want a place that will offer some basics, just in case they don't like the "new stuff".[/QUOTE]

We are picky. Wherever we go we request sauce on the side and sub any 'strange' sides for fries or mash potato where available. We like the food at 50s but if your kids are like my kid (DS27!) He doesn't like the chicken on the bone. Coral Reef is a fav of ours. Like I said we sub and ask for sauces on the side. The chicken is just grilled chicken w/o the sauce. Steak is good. They used to have mash potato but I hear they don't serve it anymore. The Plaza is good too. It is more of a lunch place but the sandwiches and burgers are great. Sundaes for dessert. Liberty tree tavern is another place we like. At lunch you can get mozz stix. The pot roast and turkey dinner are really good. VN pizza is great. Sauce is smooth and the toppings are very fresh. I think most 1TS will be ok for picky eaters if you ask them to leave off sauces etc! I don't know about kids meals if your kids are younger. Hope you have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter