Dining proposal

charming83

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to know if anyone knew a good restaraunt at Disneyland to propose at?
Also i have heard you can get a glass slipper To seal the deal. If anyone has any information or suggestions would be much appreciated

Do it at a beer cart. Any woman who says yes to a beer cart proposal is a true keeper.

Lest you think this does not meet the fairytale standard expected at DL, bear in mind that Beast was going to propose to Belle over turkey legs until his plans were interrupted by a torch-wielding mob.

If you book your ADR at the right time for fireworks, California Grille has a great view. You can leave your table and go outside to watch the MK fireworks and have your magic moment while watching. When we were there in February, our server told us the tip to go to the balcony a floor down (or was it up?) from the one everyone else was on for more privacy and room. They announce when it's time to go out, so you won't miss it. Just be sure to check the time for fireworks at MK during your stay and book your ADR about a half hour before they are scheduled to start so you can have a glass of wine ready to toast when she says yes!

Are you set on proposing at a resturaunt because if you're not, then it would be cool if you could do it in front of the castle on the bridge with a glass slipper. Just a thought. I'm interested to see how to goes for you. Good luck and congratulations!

If you go to the Disnney Fairytale Weddings website they have a whole section that is for engagements. There are ideas and contact info if you need their help. I would start there. Good luck!

There are some great places at DLR to propose, but my question to you would be: Is there somewhere that will be special to the two of you for whatever reason? THAT'S the place to do it. Not somewhere that is "generic" special. If you know what I mean. By the way, welcome to the DISBoards!

If you book your ADR at the right time for fireworks, California Grille has a great view. You can leave your table and go outside to watch the MK fireworks and have your magic moment while watching. When we were there in February, our server told us the tip to go to the balcony a floor down (or was it up?) from the one everyone else was on for more privacy and room. They announce when it's time to go out, so you won't miss it. Just be sure to check the time for fireworks at MK during your stay and book your ADR about a half hour before they are scheduled to start so you can have a glass of wine ready to toast when she says yes!

Just FYI, this is the Disneyland section of the DISBoards. Your wonderful suggestion is for WDW. :goodvibes

- Dreams

Blue Bayou if you want an iconic restaurant. If you are taking other suggestions, I like the in front of the castle idea, and have a Photopass photographer capture it all. Pose for the pic in front of the castle, then start getting down on one knee...
Good luck!

I think New Orleans square is the most romantic place in the park, so I think Blue Bayou would be a good choice. If you're open to non restaurants, and are planning this after halloween season, the Court of Angels is very romantic and usually pretty empty. The castle would be good too, maybe near by Snow Whites wishing well.

Thankyou very much for the great ideas. I think I love the thought of being in front of the castle on a bridge. And having a photographer close by.
I just have two questions. Is it possible to book or ride on a chariot in Disneyland.
I am also unsure of some of the shortened lingo,

Thankyou very much for the great ideas. I think I love the thought of being in front of the castle on a bridge. And having a photographer close by.
I just have two questions. Is it possible to book or ride on a chariot in Disneyland.
I am also unsure of some of the shortened lingo,

Here is a link to the boards common abbreviation. I have it in my bookmarks/favorites for quick access.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

Stick around for a while and you'll get to know the short hand used.

By the way.... If you decide to have a photographer take pic's of the proposal, here is what might help them to get the right frame. Write a little note of what you are doing, just in case you can't chat with them freely. This way you can give them any special instructions. My instructions would be to have their camera ready to shoot multi-fast frames! That's what I do with my grandkids. It gives several to choose from.

I'll be watching for your trip/proposal report.

Enjoy!

Geemo

Im with the castle idea, what if another couple has the same idea while dinning (might steal your thunder if they get in before you)

ohh love the slipper touch-the slippers i think you can get engraved at Arribas Brothers on Main Street DTD otherwise at disneystore.com

slipper, castle,with mr charming,photopass photographer- i think you might be on a winner here but i would wait till the afternoon when its less busy, dont want ppl ruining your photos. or if you have friends who are local with annual passes who she doesnt know get them to record the hole thing. might be a good keepsake

Here's what I would do with the castle/photographer thing, Get in position leave her there and go up to the photographer like you are giving him/her your photopass card (like even dig something out of the pocket) and whisper to the photographer what you are about to do (be sure to tell him/her not to react as you are telling them your plans).
Then re-join your future spouse for the picture
they normally take a few pictures so let him/her take a couple and then BLAM, down on one knee, out comes the ring, and the photographer has captured that look on her face, which is what matters of course.
By setting up the picture like you are actually going to do the picture ensures that people aren't walking into your picture when you are going to propose. If you just do it randomly (even if the photographer knows) you risk people walking in front of the photographer and missing the shot.

This is so precious I wish my husband would have proposed to me....nicer than what he did. His proposal was "ok huoney how about it" how romantic (note the sarcasm)

I was just on pinterest and saw a photo of a proposal.
The couple was in the Princess meet and greet area in fantasyland(I think) and there were 3 princesses standing by, all gasping and clapping..Thought it was very cute

Try the Napa Rose restaurant at the Grand Californian; and ask for a table with a park view.

As for the glass slipper . . . are you referring to the slipper dessert? Like this?
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/06/30/celebrate-with-a-chocolate-cinderella-slipper/

I have never seen this dessert served anywhere at DLR; however, I would ask when you called to make your reservation; if this is available as a special order anywhere at DLR. Good luck!!

They do have the dessert glass slipper proposal in Disney World, but I don't think they have it in Disneyland (although I am sure it could be arranged). I agree the Napa Rose or the Blue Bayou could make for a wonderful setting. The Blue Bayou is sometimes hard to see because it is so dark though. I would talk to someone when you made your dining reservation and let them know your plans and they could probably get you in touch with the right person to talk to.

The photo pass photographer in front of the castle is always a nice idea too, but keep in mind it is often crowded in front of the castle. Snow White's wishing well is another nice spot that is often quieter. If you found a photographer and just asked him to come take a photo of you two over there I am 90% sure he would catch on to what you were about to do! Haha.

There is also a pretty fountain area outside the New Orleans train station by the entrance to the haunted Mansion that is often quiet in the morning.

You could ask to wait to ride the front of the monorail into the park.

There is a rose garden with a gazebo area over at the Disneyland hotel that is often empty if you want something private.

If you want something extraordinary I would call guest relations and they can help you with an idea and a plan.

As a girl who got engaged in Disneyland I can guarantee she will be thrilled with whatever you decide. Just getting a ring slipped on your finger in the happiest place on earth is pretty magical in itself :love:

Good luck and be sure to report back to us!

In the mornings they have the horse-drawn carriage. Tell the driver what you would like to do, see if he can arrange a "private" ride for the 2 of you. No guarantees but DL CM's like to help spread the magic. :)

I have seen quite a few people get engaged in front of the castle, it's very sweet and romantic but also crowded. My BFF got engaged by Snow's Wishing Well, she was thrilled.

For something like this I think I'd contact the restaurant and see how they can help you, I'd probably have the glass slipper already purchased and maybe even engraved. Then I'd arrange to have the slipper delivered to the restaurant and then go from there with the engagement. Don't forget to stop by City Hall and pick up "Just Engaged" buttons, they are super cute and it's possible you could figure out how to pick them up and carry them with you on the big day. :)

Congratulations to you both, I always say if DBF proposes at DL I want him to do it on Storybook Canal ride, at night, under the rose arches with the lights all twinkling and cute. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter