Dining Plan substitutes for dessert at Table Service Restaurants

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
Wondered if it is generally possible to substitute dessert at a Table Service Restaurant for anything else? We're on the Dining Plan and we're hoping to share meals by substituting dessert for a soup, salad, etc., because an appetizer, entree and dessert is too much for one of us.

Thank you.

No, no substitutions. You may want to think og downgrading to regular dining plan...assuming you have deluxe.

Wondered if it is generally possible to substitute dessert at a Table Service Restaurant for anything else? We're on the Dining Plan and we're hoping to share meals by substituting dessert for a soup, salad, etc., because an appetizer, entree and dessert is too much for one of us.

Thank you.

The restaurant gets to make the decision as to what and if they will substitute. It never hurts to ask, but they will not sub an appetizer that's on the menu. They may give you a cup of soup, side salad, or an extra veggie or fruit side. Or they may say, "no substitutions."

No, no substitutions

That is not true across the board. Please see above.

Thank you.

Do you have the deluxe dining plan? If not, and you just have the regular 1TS, 1 QS, 1 snack plan, you don't get an appetizer with the meals. It's just entree, dessert, beverage.

Its possible but not likely.... maybe and that's a very thin maybe - soup or side salad, but not a appetizer to replace the dessert. In the past... way in the past... possibly, but now I really don't think it will work out. Maybe just budget to pay oop for appetizer or side salad, and with you sharing 1 TS, I really don't think that they will let you. When sharing a TS you might want to look at the menu and go from there before you make your ADR's.

I have some friends and when at the world they share for every meal. She said that at Teppan Edo is easy sharing with enough food, and they did let them substitute dessert for a extra salad, but this was well over a year ago. At LTT at lunch time( it family style in the evening so that will not be an option) their favorite splits are the Pilgrims feast and have also split the Grilled chicken and pasta, and at Tony's spaghetti. She did tell me that she felt when dinning in the resorts they are more accommodating when splitting meals, they normally do TS for a late lunch. They both have some health issues and grazing method works for both of them, and this is how they eat in their daily life.

I'd read on here lots of times that there were changes that allowed you to sub a desert for a side salad or soup at TS restaurants? Is this now not the case then?
At QS can you sub the dessert for a snack?

Thanks

I'd read on here lots of times that there were changes that allowed you to sub a desert for a side salad or soup at TS restaurants? Is this now not the case then?

Thanks
At a TS, the restaurant has the option to offer a side salad or soup. Most do not. So it's certainly not something to rely upon.

At QS, a dessert can be traded for any item with the Snack Icon on the menu.

Thanks

At a TS, the restaurant has the option to offer a side salad or soup. Most do not. So it's certainly not something to rely upon.

At QS, a dessert can be traded for any item with the Snack Icon on the menu.

Note that in 2017 QS credits will no longer include dessert.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/20/news-2017-disney-dining-plan-changes-and-updates/

Thank you.
What plan do you have, and what restaurants have you booked? How many people in the room? Kids or all adults?

All of these questions help us to help you.

For us, many CS meals can be shared between two of us. Or two between three of us. For the most part there are enough members of our family who enjoy the same things that sharing a meal is not a hardship. At TS restaurants, it really depends on the restaurant we chose. Some portions are not enough to share, for us. Others are. Or we may order an appetizer to share and then split the entrée.

PP's are absolutely correct in regards to substitutions. Each restaurant has the option to allow the sub and they get to choose what they will allow. It will be a side salad or cup of soup, most likely. No appetizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter